Windows 10: Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

Discus and support Password forgotten - stuck on login screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I got my brothers old laptop with Windows 10, and i removed the picture password which was the only way me or my brother could get into the computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Linda Bērziņa, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

I got my brothers old laptop with Windows 10, and i removed the picture password which was the only way me or my brother could get into the computer. Me and my brother can't remember the password or the pin. I am stuck on the login page, with no way possible to get back into the computer.

:)

Linda Bērziņa, Nov 8, 2022
  2. CRL1954 Win User

Forgotten login password

My son has loaned his laptop to me. But he has forgotten his login password! Therefore I cannot change user on login screen.

CRL1954, Nov 8, 2022
  3. Forgotten Password!!

Thanks, Brink!

Was successful in changing the password on the person's local account. But leaving the 2 accounts showing on the login screen will be very confusing for the 82 yr old person owning the laptop..

As suggested, I signed in to the built-in Administrator account, and now both accounts are local account and Administrator?? Did I do something wrong?

Is this way to stop the built-in Administrator account from showing on the login screen:

1. Hold the Windows Key while pressing “R” to bring up the Windows Run dialog box.
    2. Type: net user administrator /active:no
    3. Press “Enter“.

cottonball, Nov 8, 2022
  4. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

Forgotten Password

If you use a Microsoft Account of any form to login to the computer, you can use the Microsoft
    Account Password Reset page
    to prove your identity and reset your password. You’ll need access to a phone number or alternate email address already known on your account to verify your ownership.

• This won’t help if your computer is not already logged-in. You can change the password on the website all you want, but the computer won’t “know” the new password yet, so you’ll need to use your older password to login. If you don’t know that and are still
      stuck, read on to see how to force reset the password.
    If that fails, any administrator-level user can reset other user’s passwords on the computer. If you have another admin-level user on the computer, login to the account, then go to the Control Panel to reset
    the forgotten account’s password using
    these instructions here

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Nov 8, 2022
Thema:

Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

1. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen - Similar Threads - Password forgotten stuck

2. Completely stuck with forgotten administrator password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely stuck with forgotten administrator password: Hi I'm got into a mess with my son's Asus notepad unning windows 8.1, I realise it's quite old but he uses for very simple stuff. The problem is that the system has crashed and is causing problems with the administration password which I added some time ago and totally forgot...
  3. Login Issue with password forgotten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Issue with password forgotten: I used to login my laptop through PIN instead of password till yesterday. But today when I opened my laptop and tried to login, it asks me to put password instead of PIN and I do not remember the password. I do not see the sign-in option to change the login method from...
  4. Login Issue with password forgotten

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login Issue with password forgotten: I used to login my laptop through PIN instead of password till yesterday. But today when I opened my laptop and tried to login, it asks me to put password instead of PIN and I do not remember the password. I do not see the sign-in option to change the login method from...
  5. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password forgotten - stuck on login screen: I got my brothers old laptop with Windows 10, and i removed the picture password which was the only way me or my brother could get into the computer. Me and my brother can't remember the password or the pin. I am stuck on the login page, with no way possible to get back into...
  6. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password forgotten - stuck on login screen: I got my brothers old laptop with Windows 10, and i removed the picture password which was the only way me or my brother could get into the computer. Me and my brother can't remember the password or the pin. I am stuck on the login page, with no way possible to get back into...
  7. forgotten login password

forgotten login password: I am trying to fix my granddaughters windows10 laptop. She has forgotten the password and cannot remember any of the previous passwords which the Microsoft password reset process asks for. Also tried the troubleshooting options including trying to get to the command prompt...
  8. Forgotten login password and security questions

Forgotten login password and security questions: Hi, I have forgotten my login and the answers to my security questions. Is there a way to reset my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-login-password-and-security-questions/0c6a2e78-daae-4528-b03a-f856647af051"
  9. Stuck at safe mode login due to forgotten local password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck at safe mode login due to forgotten local password: I am hoping someone can help me so I don't have to do a fresh install. I upgraded my 64 bit Windows 10 Pro to 1903 and my AMD driver started causing reboots reporting issues with Wattman. Solutions online pointed to clearing the driver using AMD's driver tool. Well it...
  10. stuck in a forgotten password loop!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    stuck in a forgotten password loop!!: Help..i recently got a win 10 tablet.i put a password on the lock screen but when i type it in its saying its incorrect..ok...so when attempting to change the password i give my other email for it to send me a code...WHICH never comes!!! i have tried like 50 times but never...