Windows 10: Outlook takes 45 seconds to send/receive when connected by ethernet cable, but takes 3...

Discus and support Outlook takes 45 seconds to send/receive when connected by ethernet cable, but takes 3... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use Outlook 365 on a Windows 10 computer. My fast internet is connected by ethernet cable and works great, except when Outlook does a send/receive it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GrayKirkbride, Sep 20, 2024 at 12:37 AM.

1. Outlook takes 45 seconds to send/receive when connected by ethernet cable, but takes 3...

I use Outlook 365 on a Windows 10 computer. My fast internet is connected by ethernet cable and works great, except when Outlook does a send/receive it takes 45 seconds. If I unplug the ethernet cable, then connect to the same modem by wifi which is slower than the ethernet connection, the Outlook send/receive takes 3 seconds. How can I get Outlook to send/receive quickly when connected by ethernet cable?

:)

GrayKirkbride, Sep 20, 2024 at 12:37 AM
  2. zebal Win User

Outlook Stuck on Send/Receive

@bartjunited I have one troubleshooting suggestion for you, but it's slightly advanced method to determine a problem, since you so far found no solution it might help you identify a problem. Step 1: Download process monitor: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sy...nloads/procmon Step 2: Download my custom configuration for process monitor, find it in attachment Step 3: Extract archive to your Desktop or some other convenient location Step 4: Run process monitor as Administrator Step 5: Click on File -> Import Configuration menu and import the file from extracted archive called ProcmonConfiguration.pmc Step 6: Click on Filters -> Filter... menu and in a window that appears unckheck "TCP Receive" option and click OK Step 7: Run outlook to be ready to troubleshoot it Step 8: In process monitor click on red "trash bin" icon to clear all contents in process monitor Step 9: In office click on "send\receive" to start mail syncronization Step 10: In process monitor you'll see Cyan colored lines which indicate failed or closed connection or disconnection. In the output you care only about outlook program (ignore the rest), specifically those ports which you configured for your mail in question Make sure that for each such cyan line there is corresponding "TCP Receive" for outlook program If there is no matching "TCP receive" this mean you identified a problem which is that outlook fails to communicate with google for given mail configuration. If that's the case your next step is to reconfigure mail configuration and try again troubleshoot it. You'll know your modification to mail configuration works when you see coresponding TCP receive operation.

3. Ethernet cable not working.

You need to solve your problem one step at a time, e.g. like so:

• Connect your CAT5 cable directly to your router. If it does not work, replace the cable.
    • Connect the cable to your TP-Link wall plug. If it does not work, reconfigure or replace the wall plug.

Frederik Long, Sep 20, 2024 at 12:46 AM
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Outlook takes 45 seconds to send/receive when connected by ethernet cable, but takes 3...

Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Thema:

Outlook takes 45 seconds to send/receive when connected by ethernet cable, but takes 3...

1. Outlook takes 45 seconds to send/receive when connected by ethernet cable, but takes 3... - Similar Threads - Outlook takes seconds

2. Outlook takes 45 seconds to send/receive when connected by ethernet cable, but takes 3...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook takes 45 seconds to send/receive when connected by ethernet cable, but takes 3...: I use Outlook 365 on a Windows 10 computer. My fast internet is connected by ethernet cable and works great, except when Outlook does a send/receive it takes 45 seconds. If I unplug the ethernet cable, then connect to the same modem by wifi which is slower than the ethernet...
  3. Outlook takes 45 seconds to send/receive when connected by ethernet cable, but takes 3...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook takes 45 seconds to send/receive when connected by ethernet cable, but takes 3...: I use Outlook 365 on a Windows 10 computer. My fast internet is connected by ethernet cable and works great, except when Outlook does a send/receive it takes 45 seconds. If I unplug the ethernet cable, then connect to the same modem by wifi which is slower than the ethernet...
  4. Cannot send or receive emails, message saying my Ethernet cable is not connected, we have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot send or receive emails, message saying my Ethernet cable is not connected, we have...: cannot send or receive emails, I get a message regarding ethernet cable and connecting it, I have never had a cable connected to the laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-send-or-receive-emails-message-saying-my/18e94105-2711-48ea-ae61-6729997fa4c7
  5. Cannot send or receive emails, message saying my Ethernet cable is not connected, we have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot send or receive emails, message saying my Ethernet cable is not connected, we have...: cannot send or receive emails, I get a message regarding ethernet cable and connecting it, I have never had a cable connected to the laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-send-or-receive-emails-message-saying-my/18e94105-2711-48ea-ae61-6729997fa4c7
  6. Please Help. Ethernet always takes 30 seconds to connect On Startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please Help. Ethernet always takes 30 seconds to connect On Startup: I'm at my wits end. My PC is pretty fast(Use it for gaming), and has always connected to internet as soon as windows starts up. Sometime in the last 3 weeks, this issue started happening. For about 1 week, I have spent 2 hours a day trying to fix this issue . I don't...
  7. Microsoft Remote Assistance msra.exe takes 45 seconds to establish connection

Microsoft Remote Assistance msra.exe takes 45 seconds to establish connection: Good afternoon. The organization I work for has a Windows domain with about 2,000 workstations and a similar number of employees. Most desktops runWindows 10 Pro Version 1909, Build 18363.657. The machines access the Internet through an automatic proxy configuration address...
  8. Taking out HDMI cable for second monitor stops working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Taking out HDMI cable for second monitor stops working: Situation: 1. HDMI cable of the monitor is plugged into the laptop. 2. If I take out the hdmi cable from laptop and I plug back into the laptop, the second monitor LG stops working. 3. If I restart my laptop annoying then second monitor extender works. 4. It was working...
  9. Outlook refused to take my second mail's password

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook refused to take my second mail's password: Thank you ! I'd use Win 10 V2004(OS build 19041.388) with outlook 2019 pro MSO (16.0.1309.20338) 64 bit. In my Outlook I have my gmail address which I used for my family/friends. My second email in outlook I'd my ISPN email address as secondary email which I used for mail to...
  10. Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet

Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet: I have my ethernet cable plugged in and my computer detects that it has been plugged in but it just says ethernet no internet. I've had this problem for a while and i believe that it started after an update. Its getting really annoying and ive tried some things across the...