Windows 10: Option Missing for Scanning an item file or folder with Windows Security

Discus and support Option Missing for Scanning an item file or folder with Windows Security in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; According to Microsoft's own instructions link below all I need to do is right-click on a file, select "more options" and then click "Scan with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Coupled Resonators, Oct 9, 2024 at 9:17 AM.

1. Option Missing for Scanning an item file or folder with Windows Security

According to Microsoft's own instructions link below all I need to do is right-click on a file, select "more options" and then click "Scan with Microsoft Defender."However, there is no option to Scan with Microsoft Defender in the menu.I am using Microsoft's built in virus protection. Yes, I have antivirus protection is on and real-time protection to on as well.Scan an item with Windows Security - Microsoft SupportAny guesses as to why this wouldn't be working?

:)

Coupled Resonators, Oct 9, 2024 at 9:17 AM
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

Windows folder security.

Is there a way to disable ALL windows security on folders? I'm using Windows 7 and trying to replace some system files that may be currupt and I get the "You need permission..." bitching from Windows. I know I can take ownership of the folder through the security tab but it's getting REALLY old having to do this for each and every file and folder I'm trying to overwrite. *Bang Head :banghead:

I'm the administrator for christ sake. If I want to open my drive and take a crap in it, do I need permission from Microsoft?

3. Skipping folder Scanning for VM

Hello, I'm Filipe and I'm an independent Community Advisor, and I'll do my best to help you.

To skip Hyper-V directories from folder scanning in Windows Security on Windows 11, you can add them to the list of excluded items. Here are the steps to do so:

Open Windows Security by clicking on the shield icon in the taskbar or by searching for "Windows Security" in the Start menu.

Click on the "Virus & threat protection" option.

Under the "Quick scan" or "Full scan" section, click on the "Scan options" link.

Scroll down to the "Exclusions" section and click on the "Add or remove exclusions" link.

Click on the "Add an exclusion" button and choose "Folder" from the dropdown menu.

Navigate to the Hyper-V directory that you want to exclude from scanning and select it.

Click on the "Exclude this folder" button to add it to the list of excluded items.

Once you have excluded the Hyper-V directories from scanning, Windows Security will skip them during future scans.

Let me know if this helps!

Thank you!

Best,

Filipe A. Soares, Oct 9, 2024 at 9:20 AM
  4. dark2099 Win User

Option Missing for Scanning an item file or folder with Windows Security

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

Thema:

Option Missing for Scanning an item file or folder with Windows Security

1. Option Missing for Scanning an item file or folder with Windows Security - Similar Threads - Option Missing Scanning

2. Option Missing for Scanning an item file or folder with Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Option Missing for Scanning an item file or folder with Windows Security: According to Microsoft's own instructions link below all I need to do is right-click on a file, select "more options" and then click "Scan with Microsoft Defender."However, there is no option to Scan with Microsoft Defender in the menu.I am using Microsoft's built in virus...
  3. Your administrator requires a security scan of this item

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your administrator requires a security scan of this item: I accidentally clicked OK to letting my work administer my PC one day a couple weeks ago. Then I immediately disconnected from the work account. Today I plugged in an old hard drive, and started getting notifications about my administrator requiring a security scan.I am the...
  4. Your administrator requires a security scan of this item

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your administrator requires a security scan of this item: I accidentally clicked OK to letting my work administer my PC one day a couple weeks ago. Then I immediately disconnected from the work account. Today I plugged in an old hard drive, and started getting notifications about my administrator requiring a security scan.I am the...
  5. Your administrator requires a security scan of this item.

Your administrator requires a security scan of this item.: Security scan requiredYour administrator requires a security scan of this item. The scan could take up to 10 seconds.I get this message from Windows Defender periodically. Especially when I'm playing video games. I would usually ignore it but it causes lag. windows defender...
  6. Your administrator requires a security scan of this item.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your administrator requires a security scan of this item.: Security scan requiredYour administrator requires a security scan of this item. The scan could take up to 10 seconds.I get this message from Windows Defender periodically. Especially when I'm playing video games. I would usually ignore it but it causes lag. windows defender...
  7. Security Scan Required: missing item indication.

Security Scan Required: missing item indication.: Hi.I sometimes must deal with system's notifications like:Security scan requiredYour administrator requires a security scan of this item. The scan could take up to 10 seconds.Pressing on this notification just redirect me to a generic help page on docs.microsoft.com which...
  8. folders missing in scan option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folders missing in scan option: I scanned over a hundred photos using Microsoft 10's scan feature. It suddenly refused to recognize my HP printer. I tried a number of different solutions, and none seemed to work. Then, all of a sudden, it recognized my printer again. Don't ask me what I did. But, now,...
  9. Windows Security missing automatic scan?

Windows Security missing automatic scan?: Greetings, I've only recently realised but I could of sworn windows 10 security had a automatic scan feature, so scan every week or day. well I noticed it's completely missing? task scheduler has no task for a scan, registry has nothing either. there is literally nothing...
  10. FAX and SCAN item missing

FAX and SCAN item missing: Fax and Scan work fine. Out of curiosity, why is the Windows Fax and Scan item missing from Control PanelPrograms and FeaturesTurn Windows Features on and offPrint and Document Services? Up-to-date W2004 build. SFC is clean....