Windows 10: Open Windows PowerShell in Windows 10

Discus and support Open Windows PowerShell in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; I'm glad you found the culprit. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Open Windows PowerShell in Windows 10

I'm glad you found the culprit.

Brink, Dec 30, 2016
  2. dacrone Win User

I stand corrected. I just wanted to post back, for anyone else that may encounter the same issue. In CCleaner's Context Menu Editing options, there was a 'cmd' listed on my machine. After this issue came back (upon updates), I spent a few hours and stumbled upon this option. I had it set to 'Disabled'. Immediately after I set it to 'Enabled', the options reappeared in Windows Explorer (File > Open Command Prompt Here (and PowerShell)). Sorry for the incorrect information previously.

dacrone, Feb 24, 2017
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you for posing back with your findings. *Smile

Brink, Feb 24, 2017
  4. sml156 Win User

Hi Shawn I just noticed this Tutorial today, I know another way to open PowerShell from the file explorer window.

In the address bar of file explorer instead of typing the path to Powershell just type powershell and that will open powershell in whatever folder you have open in file explorer.

sml156, Apr 25, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you @sml156. I added that as part of Option Seven. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Open Windows PowerShell in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Open PowerShell

2. cmd not working but powershell is working , when ever i open cmd it opens and closes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cmd not working but powershell is working , when ever i open cmd it opens and closes...: cmd not working but powershell is working , when ever i open cmd it opens and closes instantly pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-not-working-but-powershell-is-working-when/8ff14106-2b51-4ac0-9f69-7a61422f4d2a
  3. cmd not working but powershell is working , when ever i open cmd it opens and closes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cmd not working but powershell is working , when ever i open cmd it opens and closes...: cmd not working but powershell is working , when ever i open cmd it opens and closes instantly pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-not-working-but-powershell-is-working-when/8ff14106-2b51-4ac0-9f69-7a61422f4d2a
  4. Unable to open powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open powershell: Whenever i open it it says The shell cannot be started. A failure occurred during initialization: The type initializer for 'System.Management.Automation.LanguagePrimitives' threw an exception. [process exited with code 4294901760 0xffff0000]...
  5. Unable to open powershell

Unable to open powershell: Whenever i open it it says The shell cannot be started. A failure occurred during initialization: The type initializer for 'System.Management.Automation.LanguagePrimitives' threw an exception. [process exited with code 4294901760 0xffff0000]...
  6. Unable to open powershell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. A black "Windows Powershell" window incessantly, and spontaneously opens on my desktop -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A black "Windows Powershell" window incessantly, and spontaneously opens on my desktop -...: As stated - a black windows Constantly opens on my desktop, it used to just flash on an off really quickly, each time, relocating the curser into the window. But now the black window opens and stays open, and even though it's already open, every few minutes, will pop itself...
  8. A black "Windows Powershell" window incessantly, and spontaneously opens on my desktop -...

A black "Windows Powershell" window incessantly, and spontaneously opens on my desktop -...: As stated - a black windows Constantly opens on my desktop, it used to just flash on an off really quickly, each time, relocating the curser into the window. But now the black window opens and stays open, and even though it's already open, every few minutes, will pop itself...
  9. Windows Powershell Issue when Opening Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Powershell Issue when Opening Windows: Every time I open my windows, this powershell keeps appearing on my screen.i've tried to fix this problem, but i can't seem to find the updates.ps1 file to delete in my windows...
  10. Windows Powershell Issue when Opening Windows

Windows Powershell Issue when Opening Windows: Every time I open my windows, this powershell keeps appearing on my screen.i've tried to fix this problem, but i can't seem to find the updates.ps1 file to delete in my windows...