Windows 10: Open SCM failed error and Control service failed error

Discus and support Open SCM failed error and Control service failed error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get Open SCM failed error and Control service failed error when i turn on on or restart my computer i have tried cmd and services but no use....Do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KavinKl, Nov 30, 2020.

1. KavinKl Win User

Open SCM failed error and Control service failed error

I get Open SCM failed error and Control service failed error when i turn on on or restart my computer i have tried cmd and services but no use....Do Anyone have any idea on how to fix this??

:)

KavinKl, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Eagle51 Win User

Many service control Manager serious errors

IIRC ... those have to do IIS (Internet Information Service) i.e. windows web server. Check Control Panel > Programs & Features > Turn Windows Features On/Off and see if any of the IIS stuff is checked and if you don't want/need IIS then uncheck them to uninstall. It should ask you to reboot and if not reboot any way.

Eagle51, Nov 30, 2020
  3. shk021051 Win User
    i have error in gpuz

show this error :[SC] Open service failed 1060

shk021051, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Curious Win User

Many service control Manager serious errors

My windows 10 home 1803 has been sluggish in responding lately and the event viewer shows several red exclamation errors. The source of almost all is the "service control Manager",
    • The Downloaded Maps Manager service hung on starting.
    • The Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0 service failed to start due to the following error:
      A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0 service to connect. (I checked in services.msc and it is set to "manual" start)
    • The Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0 service failed to start due to the following error:
      The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
    • The NetTcpActivator service depends on the WAS service which failed to start because of the following error:
      The system cannot find the file specified.
    • The NetMsmqActivator service depends on the WAS service which failed to start because of the following error:
    • The NetPipeActivator service depends on the WAS service which failed to start because of the following error:
    • The W3SVC service depends on the WAS service which failed to start because of the following error:

and
    • From "DistributedCOM":
      The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
      {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
      and APPID
      {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
      to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

How do I fix this mess?
      Thank you

Curious, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Open SCM failed error and Control service failed error - Similar Threads - Open SCM failed

2. gaming services failed with error code: 0x87e00196.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gaming services failed with error code: 0x87e00196.: 've been really struggling to even install anything on my PC on the Xbox app. I get the pop up that I need to install gaming services, then get this message and never completes.And yes I have:Reset and repaired all relevant appsUsed all the commands to reinstall gaming...
  3. User profile service failed the sign in error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile service failed the sign in error: When I typed my password, a message popped up-" User Profile Service failed the sing in". When I did a restart, I lost all my files and all the settings theme, font size etc went to default. Why did this happen?? And what to do to ensure it won't happen again?...
  4. Error 0xc0000017 - Application failed to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc0000017 - Application failed to open: Hi there.My computer boots to desktop and runs perfectly fine it seems but whenever I attempt to open a Windows program Task Manager, PC Restore, etc. I get this error. It occurs with some other applications too.It does not occur on Steam, Google Chrome, Adobe Premiere,...
  5. Error 0xc0000017 - Application failed to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0xc0000017 - Application failed to open: Hi there.My computer boots to desktop and runs perfectly fine it seems but whenever I attempt to open a Windows program Task Manager, PC Restore, etc. I get this error. It occurs with some other applications too.It does not occur on Steam, Google Chrome, Adobe Premiere,...
  6. Error 0xc0000017 - Application failed to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Error Failed to Connect to a Windows Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Failed to Connect to a Windows Service: My computer shows this error "Failed to Connect to a Windows Service message" and I have read how to fix it bou I can´t because anytime I try to run something like the command promt I get the error "service cannot accept control messages at this time"...
  8. Critical Service failed error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Service failed error: All of a sudden, my os stopped working. Today when i started my laptop, getting below error Stop code: critical service failed.. Team can you please help me out to rectify this issue? I have attached screenshot for the same[IMG]...
  9. 1068 Error Service Dependency Fail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1068 Error Service Dependency Fail: I have a brand new 1 day old HP Pavilion x360. While installing Eset internet security the 1068 error code comes up with ESETs header. I called the US number that comes up under the error code. They remoted into my computer and found that my operating version is high...
  10. Windows Defender fails to Open - error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender fails to Open - error: I need your help please. Windows defender doesn't want to open and I have no virus/spam software running. I think the problem was caused by some new malware. When I click the defender icon on desktop or cpanel: Windows cannot access the specified device path, or file....