Windows 10: Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat

Discus and support Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10, version 10.0.19042 Every time I open a pdf with Adobe Acrobat a window pops up and asks if I want to set Adobe as my default. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by w1ksz, Jun 12, 2021.

1. w1ksz Win User

Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat

I am using Windows 10, version 10.0.19042 Every time I open a pdf with Adobe Acrobat a window pops up and asks if I want to set Adobe as my default. I say yes and the window closes. If I check settings by file type, I see my preference has been changed to MS Edge. I change it back to Adobe. The next time I open a pdf file, I get that same window and find my preference has been changed back to MS Edge. What is going on here, must I go through this every time I open a pdf file ??? Thanks for any help.

:)

w1ksz, Jun 12, 2021

2. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Not Letting Other PDF Viewers to Open PDF File

A friend of mine called me asking for help converting an important document from a PDF to a DOC. I go to a website to convert the PDF and when I open it it gives me this...
    Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat [​IMG]
    . I then go to open the PDF in Edge and Firefox (they are the only other PDF viewers I have other than Adobe) and they give me these messages...

. But when I open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, it shows the document normally. It only opens in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I don't know what was done to the file before it was given to me and I have tried printing it to a PDF and opening it but it gives me the same error. Does anyone have any ideas?

ianisawaffle, Jun 12, 2021
  3. How do I use Adobe Acrobat Pro as the default pdf program to open files in folders?

When I try to set the default program to open pdf files Adobe Acrobat Pro is not even listed. How can I set Adobe Acrobat Pro as the default?

Joseph Londino, Jun 12, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Making Adobe Acrobat Pro XI my default program for opening pdf files

Hi Elaine

Right click a pdf file, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open pdf . . .'

If Acrobat Pro XI is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if Acrobat Pro XI is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate to find t Acrobat Pro XI, usually located in C:\Program Files (x86)\ Adobe

DaveM121, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat - Similar Threads - Open PDF Adobe

2. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser: I have set Acrobat Reader as default application to open PDF files.When I double-click a PDF file in Windows explorer this works. It also works when I open PDF file in my OneDrive folder using Windows Explorer.However: when I go online to my OneDrive folder and click it, it...
  3. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser: I have set Acrobat Reader as default application to open PDF files.When I double-click a PDF file in Windows explorer this works. It also works when I open PDF file in my OneDrive folder using Windows Explorer.However: when I go online to my OneDrive folder and click it, it...
  4. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Set Adobe Acrobat as Default for opening PDF and another pdf application for previewing in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Adobe Acrobat as Default for opening PDF and another pdf application for previewing in...: HelloI just need to know if I can set Adobe Acrobat as default application for opening and editing PDF files, and set another program such as Netro or Xchange Viewer for perviewing files in windows explorer and Outlook. I am using Window 11, I was was able to do this in...
  6. Set Adobe Acrobat as Default for opening PDF and another pdf application for previewing in...

Set Adobe Acrobat as Default for opening PDF and another pdf application for previewing in...: HelloI just need to know if I can set Adobe Acrobat as default application for opening and editing PDF files, and set another program such as Netro or Xchange Viewer for perviewing files in windows explorer and Outlook. I am using Window 11, I was was able to do this in...
  7. adobe acrobat will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adobe acrobat will not open: adobe acrobat runs in administrator profile, but not my regular windows profile. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-will-not-open/6dde41dc-3586-4ed6-8f29-26bbf36d0555
  8. adobe acrobat will not open

adobe acrobat will not open: adobe acrobat runs in administrator profile, but not my regular windows profile. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-will-not-open/6dde41dc-3586-4ed6-8f29-26bbf36d0555
  9. Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat: I am using Windows 10, version 10.0.19042 Every time I open a pdf with Adobe Acrobat a window pops up and asks if I want to set Adobe as my default. I say yes and the window closes. If I check settings by file type, I see my preference has been changed to MS Edge. I change it...
  10. Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader

Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader: Can someone give me some insight into this issue? I installed Kaspersky Internet Security software on my computer. When I click on the Adobe Acrobat Reader icon on my desktop, I get a window that says, "Windows cannot find "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader...