Windows 10: OneDrive won't let me turn off Files on Demand and download my files to my PC because it...

Discus and support OneDrive won't let me turn off Files on Demand and download my files to my PC because it... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I download these files because I would like to see all of my thumbnails in my files folder? I want to turn off OneDrive in order to see my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rebecca Bolzle, Jul 5, 2023.

1. OneDrive won't let me turn off Files on Demand and download my files to my PC because it...

How do I download these files because I would like to see all of my thumbnails in my files folder? I want to turn off OneDrive in order to see my thumbnails in my files folder, but it keeps saying I dont have enough space in OneDrive to do so. Im so lost.

:)

Rebecca Bolzle, Jul 5, 2023
  2. S.D.K Win User

File History & OneDrive on Demand

I know that "files on demand" aren't saved on my computer. However, I still have the following problems:

• After starting a new File History backup from scratch (as suggested in the first response) the majority of my Onedrive , including almost all files that are marked as "Always Keep on this Device" are not backed up.
    • Even for files marked as "Files on Demand" - surely File History should be able to back them up anyway? The whole point of a good backup system is that you have copies of files in multiple places (and OneDrive's cloud system only counts as 1). The creation
      of the file history would be download heavy as it copies every file to my backup device, but after that it should only have to download single files as changes are made.

S.D.K, Jul 5, 2023
  3. 5a5d6cb6-7934-4184-8f8b-e1d16573aa87, Jul 5, 2023
  4. OneDrive won't let me turn off Files on Demand and download my files to my PC because it...

OneDrive Files on Demand not present

Reboot. At the sign-in screen, there is an internet access icon at the bottom right. I think you can turn access off there, sign in, & do what you will with OneDrive settings.

Regarding Files On-Demand...

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...n-Demand-0E6860D3-D9F3-4971-B321-7092438FB38E

Learn about OneDrive Files On-Demand

"

Why don’t I see the Files On-Demand options in OneDrive settings?

First, make sure you don't have Windows Information Protection (WIP), previously known as enterprise data protection (EDP) configured on your computer. Files On-Demand is not yet supported when WIP is enabled.

If you aren't seeing the Files On-Demand options, the latest version of OneDrive hasn't rolled out to you yet. Here's how to get the latest version of OneDrive.

1. Make sure you're running
      Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
      (version 16299.15 or later).
    2. Download and install
      the latest version of OneDrive
      that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    3. Restart your computer.
    4. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the
      OneDrive desktop app.
    5. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select
      Sign in.

OneDrive won't let me turn off Files on Demand and download my files to my PC because it... b2cd13c5-7d45-4203-b09c-26a8780e589f.png
    6. Follow the instructions to
      Turn on Files On-Demand
    "

PCR Just PCR, Jul 5, 2023
Thema:

OneDrive won't let me turn off Files on Demand and download my files to my PC because it...

1. OneDrive won't let me turn off Files on Demand and download my files to my PC because it... - Similar Threads - OneDrive won't let

2. Why Microsoft won't let me turn off my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Microsoft won't let me turn off my PC?: Problems upon problems. I try to turn off my PC, and any of this messages pops up:I tick "Yes", and it won't let me turn off my PC.I tick "No", and it won't let me turn off my PC.I tick "Save", and it won't let me turn off my PC.I tick "Don't save", and it won't let me turn...
  3. Why Microsoft won't let me turn off my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Microsoft won't let me turn off my PC?: Problems upon problems. I try to turn off my PC, and any of this messages pops up:I tick "Yes", and it won't let me turn off my PC.I tick "No", and it won't let me turn off my PC.I tick "Save", and it won't let me turn off my PC.I tick "Don't save", and it won't let me turn...
  4. Unable to re-download my files to my PC after turning off Onedrive. "Download all files"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to re-download my files to my PC after turning off Onedrive. "Download all files"...: Unable to re-download my files to my PC after turning off Onedrive. "Download all files" button does not work!Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-re-download-my-files-to-my-pc-after/37d9510e-5c77-4808-8d73-fc210f1317ce
  5. Unable to re-download my files to my PC after turning off Onedrive. "Download all files"...

Unable to re-download my files to my PC after turning off Onedrive. "Download all files"...: Unable to re-download my files to my PC after turning off Onedrive. "Download all files" button does not work!Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-re-download-my-files-to-my-pc-after/37d9510e-5c77-4808-8d73-fc210f1317ce
  6. OneDrive won't let me turn off Files on Demand and download my files to my PC because it...

OneDrive won't let me turn off Files on Demand and download my files to my PC because it...: How do I download these files because I would like to see all of my thumbnails in my files folder? I want to turn off OneDrive in order to see my thumbnails in my files folder, but it keeps saying I dont have enough space in OneDrive to do so. Im so lost....
  7. My PC won't let me download files that are installing a app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My PC won't let me download files that are installing a app: My PC is forcing me to only install apps that are on the Microsoft Store. I can not install apps such as Roblox, Paint.NET, Sims 4, and ALL OTHER GAMES AND FILES AS SUCH....
  8. Turning on "Files on Demand" in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turning on "Files on Demand" in OneDrive: Hi I've just read a useful article on the "Files on Demand" feature of OneDrive: https://www.brucebnews.com/2017/11/the-confusing-story-of-onedrive-files-on-demand-2/ It instructs me to "Right-click on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar and click on Settings" to get the...
  9. I turned off files on demand in onedrive, onedrive downloaded them, but can not any of them.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I turned off files on demand in onedrive, onedrive downloaded them, but can not any of them.: the onedrive icon on task bar showed it was downloading over 6gig, when I look in the Onedrive directory all, all directories have green circle with white check mark but I can not find any of the using the file explorer, opening the my pc section on the left. any idea how...
  10. Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10 At Build 2017, Joe Belfiore announced that the new OneDrive Files On-Demand feature will be delivered with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update....