Windows 10: OneDrive upload FORCING me to purchase more storage.

Discus and support OneDrive upload FORCING me to purchase more storage. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a new PC, One drive was automatically set to upload files from my Documents folder.I installed Starfield, which saves its Data in the Documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Derek Nason, Jun 14, 2024.

1. OneDrive upload FORCING me to purchase more storage.

I have a new PC, One drive was automatically set to upload files from my Documents folder.I installed Starfield, which saves its Data in the Documents folder. so now One drive is trying to upload 152Gb worth of game saves, videos etc. it WILL NOT allow me to unselect the Documents folder to stop the upload. When I do, an error comes up saying "Sorry, your changes couldn't be saved,Some of the files you have tried to stop syncing haven't been uploaded yet, Please wait for them to finish uploading and fix any sync problems, then try make the changes again later"So it wants me to finish uploading

:)

Derek Nason, Jun 14, 2024
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Large upload to Onedrive

The first step is to purchase or otherwise have that much free space in OneDrive.

The second step is to make sure that no individual file is larger than 10 GB since that is OneDrive's limit for a single file. (OneDrive for Business has a larger cap.)

The third step is to simply drag and drop your files onto the OneDrive interface. That much data will take several days to upload.

BulldogXX, Jun 15, 2024
  3. Frick Win User
    Cloud storage (aka Onedrive will suck so need to find something else)

So, I will have to move away from Onedrive, which is sad because it's frankly the best free cloud storage I know of. But as someone said: "Microsoft realized they accidentaly made a great service." and they'll change it so that starting soon this will happen (the things that affect me anyway):
    • 100 GB and 200 GB paid plans are going away as an option for new users and will be replaced with a 50 GB plan for $1.99 per month in early 2016.
    • Free OneDrive storage will decrease from 15 GB to 5 GB for all users, current and new. The 15 GB camera roll storage bonus will also be discontinued. These changes will start rolling out in early 2016.
    This is so much crap. I use the free version and yeah $1.99/month I probably could afford, but it still SUCKS. Seriously, I usually don't get the MS hate, but this is a poop-poop move.

So I need something new.

Dropbox is out. Too tiny. Google Drive might be an alternative, but I'd rather not, for ... reasons I can't remember right now.

What I need:
    • something like 15GB storage or so.
    • Automatic photo uploading from my phone (Android)
    • Preferably an actual app for Android (yes I know you can setup ES File Explorer and the like but that's usually pretty cumbersome)
    The simplest solution I'm actually leaning towards is just to give up and get a 100GB plan now (current 100/200GB plans will not be affected, in the future they won't be avaliable to new customers), but that's the easy way out. *Frown OneDrive upload FORCING me to purchase more storage. :(

Frick, Jun 15, 2024
  4. Marian_O Win User

OneDrive upload FORCING me to purchase more storage.

Can't access extra storage purchased in OneDrive

I purchased extra storage for my OneDrive account but my computer can't access it. My computer is showing only the original 5gb of free storage and states that this is full. My OneDrive account shows 50gb storage (this is what I purchased). Do I need to
    activate the upgraded storage in some way?

Thanks

Marian_O, Jun 15, 2024
Thema:

OneDrive upload FORCING me to purchase more storage.

1. OneDrive upload FORCING me to purchase more storage. - Similar Threads - OneDrive upload FORCING

2. OneDrive upload FORCING me to purchase more storage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive upload FORCING me to purchase more storage.: I have a new PC, One drive was automatically set to upload files from my Documents folder.I installed Starfield, which saves its Data in the Documents folder. so now One drive is trying to upload 152Gb worth of game saves, videos etc. it WILL NOT allow me to unselect the...
  3. DO NOT UPLOAD FOLDER TO ONEDRIVE CLOUD STORAGE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DO NOT UPLOAD FOLDER TO ONEDRIVE CLOUD STORAGE: I have a folder in File Explorer which I keep junk items, temporary items and a place to put stuff till I find a place for them.I do not want that folder or its contents uploaded to the Cloud by Onedrive. How do I set this up?...
  4. DO NOT UPLOAD FOLDER TO ONEDRIVE CLOUD STORAGE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DO NOT UPLOAD FOLDER TO ONEDRIVE CLOUD STORAGE: I have a folder in File Explorer which I keep junk items, temporary items and a place to put stuff till I find a place for them.I do not want that folder or its contents uploaded to the Cloud by Onedrive. How do I set this up?...
  5. My account is locked because I ran out of storage on OneDrive but I purchased more storage...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account is locked because I ran out of storage on OneDrive but I purchased more storage...: Recently I started noticing files on my computer missing and in other instances I see the folders where I use to have files and the files are gone but the folders are there. I recall awhile ago I saw a little cloud besides certain folders and some request to pay money to...
  6. My account is locked because I ran out of storage on OneDrive but I purchased more storage...

My account is locked because I ran out of storage on OneDrive but I purchased more storage...: Recently I started noticing files on my computer missing and in other instances I see the folders where I use to have files and the files are gone but the folders are there. I recall awhile ago I saw a little cloud besides certain folders and some request to pay money to...
  7. Uploading to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uploading to OneDrive: This is an amazing service you all provide without financial reward knowing what Microsoft would be like and I am sure I can say on behalf of many...thank you.I just have a quick question here that would baffle me for too long and then probably will not resolve anyway. Where...
  8. Uploading to OneDrive

Uploading to OneDrive: This is an amazing service you all provide without financial reward knowing what Microsoft would be like and I am sure I can say on behalf of many...thank you.I just have a quick question here that would baffle me for too long and then probably will not resolve anyway. Where...
  9. Onedrive Uploads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Uploads: I'm playing fortnite and onedrive keeps trying to upload the files to the cloud and i dont want that to happen! i want the files to stay on the laptop. how do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-uploads/343c2409-9118-4692-9942-f1cc640d54e6
  10. uploading to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uploading to OneDrive: I was uploading a very large file onto OneDrive I only had the free version. It stopped uploading as I was out of space. On a different device I upgraded & paid for one of the premium packages. The device I was uploading on did not detect the upgrade. I logged out and...