Windows 10: OneDrive took my files and I don't know how to get them back

Discus and support OneDrive took my files and I don't know how to get them back in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This morning when I turned on my PC there was a ton of red X marks on my files- completely out of nowhere, not sure what I did. When I opened folders,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Casey S1, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Casey S1 Win User

OneDrive took my files and I don't know how to get them back

This morning when I turned on my PC there was a ton of red X marks on my files- completely out of nowhere, not sure what I did. When I opened folders, the images in them wouldn't preview like they used to and also had red X marks. Googled it and found out it was OneDrive, and that the problem could be solved if I just unsynced in OneDrive settings. So I did that, and now all of the files from my desktop and my documents folder are just gone??? I don't know how to get them back, but I see them in the OneDrive folder. I just want to have them back and completely rid the PC of OneDrive.

:)

Casey S1, Jan 31, 2024
Thema:

OneDrive took my files and I don't know how to get them back

1. OneDrive took my files and I don't know how to get them back - Similar Threads - OneDrive took files

2. Onedrive took all my files!!!!! How do I get my studio one Recording studio files back in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive took all my files!!!!! How do I get my studio one Recording studio files back in...: Please help this is everything I have created over a year! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-took-all-my-files-how-do-i-get-my-studio/91b9ea0c-cedb-4236-866e-c2ba2b089217
  3. Onedrive took all my files!!!!! How do I get my studio one Recording studio files back in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive took all my files!!!!! How do I get my studio one Recording studio files back in...: Please help this is everything I have created over a year! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-took-all-my-files-how-do-i-get-my-studio/91b9ea0c-cedb-4236-866e-c2ba2b089217
  4. OneDrive took my files and I don't know how to get them back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive took my files and I don't know how to get them back: This morning when I turned on my PC there was a ton of red X marks on my files- completely out of nowhere, not sure what I did. When I opened folders, the images in them wouldn't preview like they used to and also had red X marks. Googled it and found out it was OneDrive, and...
  5. OneDrive took my files and I don't know how to get them back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive took my files and I don't know how to get them back: This morning when I turned on my PC there was a ton of red X marks on my files- completely out of nowhere, not sure what I did. When I opened folders, the images in them wouldn't preview like they used to and also had red X marks. Googled it and found out it was OneDrive, and...
  6. I see my folders in OneDrive, but I don't know how to get them back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I see my folders in OneDrive, but I don't know how to get them back.: My folders a gone from the PC File Explorer folder list, they are now in OneDrive. And I want them back, I don't know where the folders are supposed to go or how to get them there. I would rather backup to my own SSDs. Win 11 PC...
  7. I see my folders in OneDrive, but I don't know how to get them back.

I see my folders in OneDrive, but I don't know how to get them back.: My folders a gone from the PC File Explorer folder list, they are now in OneDrive. And I want them back, I don't know where the folders are supposed to go or how to get them there. I would rather backup to my own SSDs. Win 11 PC...
  8. How to get my files back from OneDrive?

How to get my files back from OneDrive?: Hello Microsoft community.OneDrive is a nightmare. I turned it on just to transfer a few files from my school, and it automatically chose to backup all my files.This must be changed immediately. Now I can't get my files back. Things I have tried.Choosing Always Keep on this...
  9. Took my administrative privileges on accident and now I can't get them back.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Took my administrative privileges on accident and now I can't get them back.: I have tried to reset windows completely, can't do it without admin permissions. The only account on the laptop is my current account. I've tried doing net user administrator /active:yes but just get "Access is denied". Can't use any administrator apps, can't partition my USB...
  10. Don't know how to get rid of folders - but keep the files in them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Don't know how to get rid of folders - but keep the files in them: I have a folder full of music but all the songs are sequestered in sometimes multiple folders, but I want them all to be in just the ONE folder. I tried just copying all the .mp3 files into a new folder, but they stayed in their little folders anyway. Can anyone tell me how...