Windows 10: Onedrive Pictures Cloud problem

Discus and support Onedrive Pictures Cloud problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, been using Onedrive Pictures Cloud/Camera Roll for ages to automatically upload photos from our various phones I wish there was an option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RobertEadie1, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Onedrive Pictures Cloud problem

Hi, been using Onedrive Pictures Cloud/Camera Roll for ages to automatically upload photos from our various phones I wish there was an option to identify which phone uploaded which photos, as they are just all jumbled together - however. Every so often I use a PS script to organise the photos into folders yyyy/mm, which is actually a feature that our two phone now support, so they do it for me - no need for the script.PROBLEM. I now MOVE not copy the photos older than a month into my Onedrive/Pictures folder, as that is where all our pivtures are, going back many years, and some of them

:)

RobertEadie1, Feb 4, 2022
  2. wallace99 Win User

Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Feb 4, 2022
  3. Deleting on-disk OneDrive folder WITHOUT deleting from cloud?

Dear Cerberus.

Er - here's a picture of my OneDrive folder, if I can work out how to attach it to this! No cloudsigns or ticks in boxes, just a long list of files I want only in the cloud, not on the hard drive (but don't want to delete FROM the cloud!!)

Onedrive Pictures Cloud problem [​IMG]

It's come up saying 'Attach=Config}347209[/attach] so I hope something appears when I post this!

Very sorry - how do I make the ticks and cloud signs appear? BTW - there's more in that list than's appearing in the screenshot, that's why it doesn't look like that many files.

Yours respectfully

Chris.

ulrichburke, Feb 4, 2022
  4. enso Win User

Onedrive Pictures Cloud problem

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Feb 4, 2022
Thema:

Onedrive Pictures Cloud problem

1. Onedrive Pictures Cloud problem - Similar Threads - Onedrive Pictures Cloud

2. Onedrive Pictures Cloud problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Pictures Cloud problem: Hi, been using Onedrive Pictures Cloud/Camera Roll for ages to automatically upload photos from our various phones I wish there was an option to identify which phone uploaded which photos, as they are just all jumbled together - however. Every so often I use a PS script to...
  3. Onedrive Pictures Cloud problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Pictures Cloud problem: Hi, been using Onedrive Pictures Cloud/Camera Roll for ages to automatically upload photos from our various phones I wish there was an option to identify which phone uploaded which photos, as they are just all jumbled together - however. Every so often I use a PS script to...
  4. OneDrive and the Cloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive and the Cloud: 1. I am in my 70's and have a new laptop running Windows 11.2. My old laptop last year suddenly stopped working and I saw in the bottom right hand corner it said 'backing up to the cloud' and files whizzing across. So I stopped it. But!!! When I looked into my Word files...
  5. OneDrive and the Cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive and the Cloud: 1. I am in my 70's and have a new laptop running Windows 11.2. My old laptop last year suddenly stopped working and I saw in the bottom right hand corner it said 'backing up to the cloud' and files whizzing across. So I stopped it. But!!! When I looked into my Word files...
  6. joint onedrive or cloud storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    joint onedrive or cloud storage: My wife and I have seperate computers and seperate Microsoft accounts.However, there are a number of documents that we would each like to have access to without having to get the other party to bring it up on their computer or print it out.Can we establish a joint folder in...
  7. back cloud pictures

back cloud pictures: how can i backup my cloud pictures to my pc windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-cloud-pictures/e3c43645-7a73-47d5-ac53-9a3369917f62
  8. Photo Duplicates In the OneDrive Cloud

Photo Duplicates In the OneDrive Cloud: How do I stop photos duplicates from being upload into my cloud. Every time I edit a photo, and every change I made to that photo is uploaded into the cloud. I get 100 uploads of the same photo with different changes....
  9. is OneDrive storage in the Cloud?

is OneDrive storage in the Cloud?: is OneDrive storage in the Cloud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-onedrive-storage-in-the-cloud/1b36ebfd-10ed-444a-82f2-1b4bc44cc7dd
  10. OneDrive and "the cloud".

OneDrive and "the cloud".: If OneDrive and "the cloud" are synonymous, does this mean that when I do a full image backup to an external drive ((Macrium Reflect) the OneDrive folder on my pc will not be backed-up becase it is not on the pc really but "in the Cloud" on a Microsoft server or somewhere?...