Windows 10: OneDrive on Windows 11 - Does Not Appear in File Explorer

Discus and support OneDrive on Windows 11 - Does Not Appear in File Explorer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; OneDrive appears to be successfully installed...no errors.Symptom 1 - OneDrive does not appear in File ExplorerSymptom 2 - No 'Cloud' icon in the tray... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SteveBovair, May 9, 2022.

1. OneDrive on Windows 11 - Does Not Appear in File Explorer

OneDrive appears to be successfully installed...no errors.Symptom 1 - OneDrive does not appear in File ExplorerSymptom 2 - No 'Cloud' icon in the tray or any way to access options.Symptom 3 - CAN access OneDrive folders in M365 apps Word, Excel, etc. with File - Open/Save/Save As after sign in within the appsIt's almost like OneDrive is allowed through M365 apps...but nowhere else.I can uninstall and reinstall, but that makes no difference. There are no policies set to prevent this, etc, etc.What could possibly be causing this?

:)

SteveBovair, May 9, 2022
  2. Drone Win User

Windows 8 Clubhouse

Windows 10 Build 9879 released (last update for 2014).

New features:

1) a checkbox menu option where you can turn off/on Task View and Search icons in the toolbar (I got rid of them XD)

OneDrive on Windows 11 - Does Not Appear in File Explorer windows-10-toolbar-options-large-100530292-large.png

2) simplified OneDrive experience

W10 will now use what MS calls selective sync, where you'll need to specify what's saved to your PC, and what MS keeps in its OneDrive cloud. MS appears to be killing OneDrive app, allowing users access to OneDrive strictly through the File Explorer. (fuck yeah!)

OneDrive on Windows 11 - Does Not Appear in File Explorer [​IMG]

3) 5 new three-finger gestures to swipe through Windows 10's UI

• 3 fingers up launches Task View
    • 3 fingers down to Show Desktop
    • 3 fingers flick to left/right to switch to previous app (go back 1)
    • 3 fingers move left/right: Alt-Tab (Task View) pops up, and you can select the app you want (remove fingers to select)
    • 3-finger tap: Search
    4) Snap Assist works across multiple monitors

5) New IE that utilizes Edge rendering engine, designed for improved compatibility with the various sites on the Web.

6) MKV container support!!! Users can now play MKV files directly from Windows Media Player, including desktop and modern apps), along with proper thumbnail images and MKV support.

Drone, May 9, 2022
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, May 9, 2022
  4. Geethu B Win User

OneDrive on Windows 11 - Does Not Appear in File Explorer

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 9, 2022
Thema:

OneDrive on Windows 11 - Does Not Appear in File Explorer

1. OneDrive on Windows 11 - Does Not Appear in File Explorer - Similar Threads - OneDrive Does Appear

2. OneDrive folders appear empty in Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive folders appear empty in Windows 11 File Explorer: I am able to access my OneDrive files and folders on three separate devices, but the app behaves a little strangely on my desktop PC. I can see the cloud icon in my system tray, I have confirmed that I am signed in and that all files are synced, all of my drive's contents are...
  3. OneDrive folders appear empty in Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive folders appear empty in Windows 11 File Explorer: I am able to access my OneDrive files and folders on three separate devices, but the app behaves a little strangely on my desktop PC. I can see the cloud icon in my system tray, I have confirmed that I am signed in and that all files are synced, all of my drive's contents are...
  4. File Count does not appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Count does not appear in File Explorer: In every version of Windows I have had including most recently Windows 10 there has been a file count in the lower left corner of Explorer. It shows the total number of files in the folder. If I highlight some files, it shows both the total number of files and the number I...
  5. OneDrive on Windows 11 - Does Not Appear in File Explorer

OneDrive on Windows 11 - Does Not Appear in File Explorer: OneDrive appears to be successfully installed...no errors.Symptom 1 - OneDrive does not appear in File ExplorerSymptom 2 - No 'Cloud' icon in the tray or any way to access options.Symptom 3 - CAN access OneDrive folders in M365 apps Word, Excel, etc. with File -...
  6. OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer: At some point in recent days my File Explorer has listed all my files in the OneDrive folder twice, i.e., the OneDrive folder and its contents is shown twice. The files are not duplicates or copies, because I experimented by deleting some files from one list, to the Recycle...
  7. OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer

OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer: At some point in recent days my File Explorer has listed all my files in the OneDrive folder twice, i.e., the OneDrive folder and its contents is shown twice. The files are not duplicates or copies, because I experimented by deleting some files from one list, to the Recycle...
  8. OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. "Network" Does Not Appear on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Network" Does Not Appear on File Explorer: When opening File Explorer>This PC, I no longer see "Network" listed. It shows all available drives but not "Network". All available network hardware is working and a second computer across the room is performing normally and seeing the network. This has been going on for a...
  10. wmv file does not appear in Windows Explorer

wmv file does not appear in Windows Explorer: I am trying to convert a .wmv file to .mp4, however the .wmv file does not appear any time I browse for it. I know exactly where it is on my hard drive from a search I performed and it will open and play in the Windows 10 Movie and TV app. However it does not appear anywhere...