Windows 10: Onedrive not removed after factory reset

Discus and support Onedrive not removed after factory reset in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After passing on my laptop to a family member, I did a factory reset. My Microsoft account wasn't removed though. I added a new Microsoft account for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GregNorrish, Jan 24, 2024.

1. Onedrive not removed after factory reset

After passing on my laptop to a family member, I did a factory reset. My Microsoft account wasn't removed though. I added a new Microsoft account for the family member then changed their status to Administrator then removed my Microsoft account. My Onedrive account is still on the laptop though. How do I remove it from the laptop? Also, my name still shows under User in Windows Explorer. How can I change this?

:)

GregNorrish, Jan 24, 2024
  2. ElleQueen Win User

Factory reset and Onedrive

Hello

Ihave to send in my Lenovo Laptop into repair. Which will mean they will have to factory reset.

My Onedrive files is linked to my laptop and is on documents.

when they do a Factory reset, will all of my onedrive files be safe?

if not, what can i do to make sure all of my files are safe?

ElleQueen, Jan 24, 2024
  3. tfwul Win User
    OneDrive not running - reset won't work - how to get latest version?

Thanks for the suggestion.
    The reason why I wanted to do a reset or re-install is to indeed get OneDrive in that list. Currently it isn't.

tfwul, Jan 24, 2024
  4. Onedrive not removed after factory reset

Factory reset and Onedrive

Before do factory reset, you should backup all your files:

Back up your Windows PC - Microsoft Support

For OneDrive files, as long as all of them has been synced, they are on cloud and if you remove files from local they are still on cloud.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Jan 24, 2024
Thema:

Onedrive not removed after factory reset

1. Onedrive not removed after factory reset - Similar Threads - Onedrive removed factory

2. Onedrive not removed after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive not removed after factory reset: After passing on my laptop to a family member, I did a factory reset. My Microsoft account wasn't removed though. I added a new Microsoft account for the family member then changed their status to Administrator then removed my Microsoft account. My Onedrive account is still...
  3. Unable to Factory Reset or Remove User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Factory Reset or Remove User: I have a Dell Windows 11 laptop it has an old work login that I no longer have access to, I will now be using it for Personal. When starting up only user option is my old work login. Have also tried to Factory Reset, using Reset PC option, but just get an error, There was a...
  4. Unable to Factory Reset or Remove User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Factory Reset or Remove User: I have a Dell Windows 11 laptop it has an old work login that I no longer have access to, I will now be using it for Personal. When starting up only user option is my old work login. Have also tried to Factory Reset, using Reset PC option, but just get an error, There was a...
  5. After a factory reset, there's no signal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a factory reset, there's no signal.: I performed a factory reset on a PC a while back. There is no signal being picked up.I've tried this with 3 monitors and at least 2 HDMI cables and a DisplayPort cable. Nothing has worked.No boot up screen, no BIOS screen, no loading screen.What can I do to fix this?...
  6. Languages Not Reset After Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Languages Not Reset After Factory Reset?: So recently I factory reset my PC with all the options to make it more thorough selected. However, when everything finished and I went to set up windows, I noticed that the other language I had added prior to the reset was still there. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how factory...
  7. After Factory Reset Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After Factory Reset Problem: Recently i just factory reset my computer and i faced a serious problems after factor reset. System auto download and on window 10. Purchase laptop 4 or 5 years ago. I not able to find my window key. My Activation only show "Window 10 Home" without product ID and key. I not...
  8. Does a factory reset remove administrator?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does a factory reset remove administrator?: I ran some application as an administrator, everything worked except for pop ups every few minutes and a Google extension put on my chrome which I had no control of. I used Malwarebytes and I got rid of the popups but the administrator virus removed my wifi? Here's how it is:...
  9. Factory reset and Onedrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset and Onedrive: Hello Ihave to send in my Lenovo Laptop into repair. Which will mean they will have to factory reset. My Onedrive files is linked to my laptop and is on documents. when they do a Factory reset, will all of my onedrive files be safe? if not, what can i do to make sure all...
  10. Factory reset does not remove updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Factory reset does not remove updates: I factory reset my Windows 10 system yesterday and it did not remove any of the updates besides the May cumulative update from this month. Is this intended? 133171