Windows 10: Onedrive messed up my computer.

Discus and support Onedrive messed up my computer. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have unlinked OneDrive, and uninstalled it, but it is still there. When I tried to get rid of it, it also deleted many files on my new computer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Beej27, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Beej27 Win User

Onedrive messed up my computer.

I have unlinked OneDrive, and uninstalled it, but it is still there. When I tried to get rid of it, it also deleted many files on my new computer and desktop, and corrupted my resident Outlook email data files. It is still backing up files I don't want it too, but having uninstalled it, I can't access it's settings to find a solution. I'm afraid to do anything else now, because every time I fine a OneDrive file on my computer and delete it, something else disappears. I DO NOT want OneDrive. And I want my Outlook data files to work. I tried setting up a new profile in Outlook online adv

:)

Beej27, Apr 28, 2023

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 28, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    No onedrive

Hello Francis, Onedrive messed up my computer. :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

1. Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    4. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Brink, Apr 28, 2023
  4. Onedrive messed up my computer.

My Windows 10 desktop File Explorer must be broken or OneDrive is messing it up?

Allan, let's just get me out of OneDrive completely. I'm tired of messing with it & I have no real need for it nor do I trust that what I have on it will always be the most current version or that it will be accessible or be editable if I'm out somewhere
    due to internet connection issues, permissions or Settings. So, can you just give me the steps to turn off OneDrive completely so it won't ever mess with me again?

I'll just take it off my list forever.

Jeff A. Davis, Apr 28, 2023
Thema:

Onedrive messed up my computer.

1. Onedrive messed up my computer. - Similar Threads - Onedrive messed computer

2. onedrive messed up my email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive messed up my email: don't remember how onedrive was installed on pc, didn't need it anyways, then the hotmail linked with microsoft became full storage and can't send or receive messages.unshared and unlinked onedrive, it says all cloud files will be deleted this way, but on email page it still...
  3. onedrive messed up my email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive messed up my email: don't remember how onedrive was installed on pc, didn't need it anyways, then the hotmail linked with microsoft became full storage and can't send or receive messages.unshared and unlinked onedrive, it says all cloud files will be deleted this way, but on email page it still...
  4. OneDrive Sync is messing with my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Sync is messing with my computer: So earlier today i decided to Sync my Pc with Onedrive because it kept telling me to, but then there was a few apps that couldn’t Sync so i wanted to stop and quit Syncing altogether but when i try to it causes problems for everything, my Desktop shortcuts just disappear and...
  5. OneDrive Sync is messing with my computer

OneDrive Sync is messing with my computer: So earlier today i decided to Sync my Pc with Onedrive because it kept telling me to, but then there was a few apps that couldn’t Sync so i wanted to stop and quit Syncing altogether but when i try to it causes problems for everything, my Desktop shortcuts just disappear and...
  6. Onedrive messed up my computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive messed up my computer.: I have unlinked OneDrive, and uninstalled it, but it is still there. When I tried to get rid of it, it also deleted many files on my new computer and desktop, and corrupted my resident Outlook email data files. It is still backing up files I don't want it too, but having...
  7. Onedrive messed up my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive messed up my computer.: I have unlinked OneDrive, and uninstalled it, but it is still there. When I tried to get rid of it, it also deleted many files on my new computer and desktop, and corrupted my resident Outlook email data files. It is still backing up files I don't want it too, but having...
  8. OneDrive messed up a bunch of computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive messed up a bunch of computers: Lately I came across similar issues on multiple computers, where I had OneDrive installed and after uninstalling it got fixed.1. Start menu, search and cortana not doing anything on pressed.2. missing icons on desktop3. changed spacing on desktopWe had a family subscription...
  9. OneDrive messed up a bunch of computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive messed up a bunch of computers: Lately I came across similar issues on multiple computers, where I had OneDrive installed and after uninstalling it got fixed.1. Start menu, search and cortana not doing anything on pressed.2. missing icons on desktop3. changed spacing on desktopWe had a family subscription...
  10. OneDrive messed up a bunch of computers