Windows 10: OneDrive media sharing issue on local network

Discus and support OneDrive media sharing issue on local network in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We keep family multimedia photos, videos, etc in appropriately named OneDrive subdirectories. Then there is another directory containing lots of random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Vol4Ever, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Vol4Ever Win User

OneDrive media sharing issue on local network

We keep family multimedia photos, videos, etc in appropriately named OneDrive subdirectories. Then there is another directory containing lots of random movies & TV shows kept OUTSIDE of OneDrive to save GB storage limits. Works perfectly keeping everything in sync across desktops and laptops as needed. The problem is using Windows 11 "media share" functionality on local network. FYI, we have a hybrid wired/wireless setup. Home is relatively large, so have second router upstairs configured as AP, but still intended to be common network. Configuration appears to be correct as downsta

:)

Vol4Ever, Sep 3, 2022

2. Unable to share media to TV after clean Windows 10 install

I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home x64 (1511 Build 10586.318). Before the clean install I could share and view on my Panasonic TV all the photos / videos stored on my PC. Since the clean install, while all the media locations on my PC are listed in the Windows Media Player Libraries, including my OneDrive, only the OneDrive locations are visible on the TV (Windows appears to automatically add the OneDrive to the list, as if you remove it from the list of libraries it is added again automatically!). The TV is listed in the devices to which the media can be streamed on the Local network.

I also have a Western Digital NAS drive and can stream all media to the TV from this without any problem. Can anybody suggest why the media located in the default Windows Pictures / Video locations cannot be viewed on the TV, while the OneDrive locations are and how I can solve this issue?

Exspextations, Sep 3, 2022
  3. Windows media player automatically shares OneDrive pictures folder on network

HI,

Thanks but this is not the problem I have (onedrive folder sharing). The problem is the Windows Media Player is linking to my OneDrive pictures folder and availing all the content (13 GB of back up pictures from PC and my mobile) on my home network which
    can be accessed by anyone connecting to the my home network. Despite going to WMP and deleting the Onedrive folder from the shared folders list (right click on pictures/Manage Pictures Libraries and then remove OneDrive pictures folder) the dang WMP still
    reconnects and addes Onedrive folder back to the list of libraries to be shared !

this is frustrating because first, WMP should not automatically connects by default to Onedrive without specifically requesting it the first place, then when I delete it form the list, it should not reconnect to it.

MishalAlharbi, Sep 3, 2022
  4. OneDrive media sharing issue on local network

file sharing over local network issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest the following to resolve the issue you are faced with.

Method 1: Windows can't detect a computer on a Public network. To fix this problem, you can try changing the network location to Home or Work or try connecting to a network that already has a Home or Work network location.

Method 2:

If Link Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) protocol is disabled on the network adapter. Windows uses the LLTD protocol to map computers and devices on a network. To enable LLTD, follow these steps:

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Control Panel
      . In the search box, type adapter, and then, under
      Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.

• Right-click the network connection, and then click Properties.

• Select the Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver and
      Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder check boxes, and then click
      OK.

[*]
    Method 3: To turn on network discovery, follow these steps:

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Control Panel
      . In the search box, type network, click
      Network and Sharing Center, and then, in the left pane, click
      Change advanced sharing settings.

• Click the drop down icon to expand the Home or Work network profile.

• Click Turn on network discovery, and then click
      Save changes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 3, 2022
Thema:

OneDrive media sharing issue on local network

1. OneDrive media sharing issue on local network - Similar Threads - OneDrive media sharing

2. OneDrive media sharing issue on local network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive media sharing issue on local network: We keep family multimedia photos, videos, etc in appropriately named OneDrive subdirectories. Then there is another directory containing lots of random movies & TV shows kept OUTSIDE of OneDrive to save GB storage limits. Works perfectly keeping everything in sync across...
  3. Network Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Sharing Issue: I could access \\OtherUserPcName and enter their PC to view his shared file/folder, but others could not access \\MyPcName to view my shared folder. I have checked all the necessary options in network sharing setting, and my connection is set to private.Are there any settings...
  4. Network Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing Issue: I could access \\OtherUserPcName and enter their PC to view his shared file/folder, but others could not access \\MyPcName to view my shared folder. I have checked all the necessary options in network sharing setting, and my connection is set to private.Are there any settings...
  5. Network Share Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Share Issues: Hi, I've 2 PC's, called Desktop and Server from here on a home network. Desktop is an old homebuilt PC that started on Windows 7 and upgrade. It has a local account and an outlook account on it. However, everything is setup on the local account so that's my main account....
  6. Network Sharing Issues

Network Sharing Issues: Just recently bought a new desktop computer with Windows 10 and I'm trying to connect through a network to my Windows 7 desktop computer but unable to. However, I'm able to connect the network from Windows 7 to Windows 10 no problems. I watched about 30 different You Tube...
  7. File sharing issue on a local Network

File sharing issue on a local Network: I have 2 computers at home running windows 10, same microsoft login Now when I'm connect to my personal LAN I would like to have both computers being able to browse each others files, so I can use the local network to transfer files both ways I tried giving all...
  8. Network Sharing Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Sharing Issues: Hi All Recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10. Attempting to share files mainly on the VLC app on an amazon firestick. Devices can see my laptop but are unable to log in. Im not being prompted for a password. Once i select the pc and navigate to it it just sits on a...
  9. local network sharing folders permission issues

local network sharing folders permission issues: How do I fix access issues on my local network? I tried doing a full control setting on the other family member network computer. The shared folder shows up, but I still can't get access to the contents of the folder....
  10. Data Sharing on a local network

Data Sharing on a local network: Good Morning, I decided to register an account here, as i think this forum is interesting because i had an opportunity to search some tutorials and see some threads in the forum, so i'm new here. I also decided to create this post, since i have a problem i can't seem to...