Windows 10: OneDrive kept syncing files I cannot identify

Discus and support OneDrive kept syncing files I cannot identify in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After recent resetting of my system, the OneDrive folder kept sync the files that I do not know the origin. They are now lowering my computer speed on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TongyuMr, Feb 17, 2022.

1. TongyuMr Win User

OneDrive kept syncing files I cannot identify

After recent resetting of my system, the OneDrive folder kept sync the files that I do not know the origin. They are now lowering my computer speed on processing other tasks. Attached is the files syncing on my OneDrive. Maybe someone could help me on this. Thanks!

:)

TongyuMr, Feb 17, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Files not syncing to OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues not syncing properly with OneDrive.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Fix OneDrive sync problems
    and check if it works for you.

For more information, you can check the article to
    Sync files with the OneDrive sync client in Windows

If you are still facing the issue, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 17, 2022
  3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

OneDrive kept syncing files I cannot identify [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync - MSPoweruser

P4-630, Feb 17, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

OneDrive Sync altered many desktop files

Q1) Sure, you can select to turn on or off sync for folders.

Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10

The check marks are part of OneDrive On-demand.

Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10

Turn On or Off OneDrive Cloud States for Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Q2) There's no need to try and sync the General.one folder unless you just wanted to. I thought it may have been part of the Documents folder contents you said wasn't fully syncing yet.

Q3) Correct. Only a copy of the files from your PC will be copied to your online OneDrive, and kept synced for changes.

Brink, Feb 17, 2022
Thema:

1. OneDrive kept syncing files I cannot identify - Similar Threads - OneDrive kept syncing

2. onedrive not syncing I cannot move the files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive not syncing I cannot move the files: My One drive keeps giving me a grey cloud and telling me it cannot sync the following:Disk Cleanup.lnkanddfrgui.lnkI have tried unlinking/relinking and all the other stuff to no avail.I cannot find the files within the system to delete them the defrag and disk clean were in a...
  3. onedrive not syncing I cannot move the files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive not syncing I cannot move the files: My One drive keeps giving me a grey cloud and telling me it cannot sync the following:Disk Cleanup.lnkanddfrgui.lnkI have tried unlinking/relinking and all the other stuff to no avail.I cannot find the files within the system to delete them the defrag and disk clean were in a...
  4. onedrive not syncing I cannot move the files

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. OneDrive kept syncing files I cannot identify

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive kept syncing files I cannot identify: After recent resetting of my system, the OneDrive folder kept sync the files that I do not know the origin. They are now lowering my computer speed on processing other tasks. Attached is the files syncing on my OneDrive. Maybe someone could help me on this. Thanks!...
  6. OneDrive kept syncing files I cannot identify

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive kept syncing files I cannot identify: After recent resetting of my system, the OneDrive folder kept sync the files that I do not know the origin. They are now lowering my computer speed on processing other tasks. Attached is the files syncing on my OneDrive. Maybe someone could help me on this. Thanks!...
  7. OneDrive is not syncing files

OneDrive is not syncing files: Hi I am using a Toshiba Laptop running Windows 7, and an HP Eliteone 800 G3 All-in-one PC running Windows 10. I can see files in OneDrive on both the Laptop and the PC, however they are not the same files (there are more on the PC view than on the laptop view). Of those...
  8. onedrive file syncing

onedrive file syncing: i am unbale to select the folders that can be synced to me onedrive on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-file-syncing/f968e02e-90f5-4ae7-9b87-135de880fbac"
  9. Cannot sync files to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot sync files to OneDrive: I am unable to sync files on my Mac with OneDrive. I tried everything, which I can but nothing helps. I receive an error message saying You must be signed in to save edits due to cached internet connection failure or You must be signed in to change the location of this file....
  10. Files not syncing to OneDrive

Files not syncing to OneDrive: I have recently run into some issues with my files that I edit on my Mac not syncing to my computer and overdrive.com account properly. I have chatted with Microsoft agents, let them remote control my computer, and still no help! The last agent even started a new OneDrive...