Windows 10: Onedrive deleted all my files

Discus and support Onedrive deleted all my files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why onedrive deleted all my files? I had 20 mp3 on my hard disk after i restarted my pc onedrive deleted all of them and put in trash bin. Any help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by makednoce, Aug 4, 2015.

1. makednoce Win User

Onedrive deleted all my files

Why onedrive deleted all my files?
    I had 20 mp3 on my hard disk after i restarted my pc onedrive deleted all of them and put in trash bin.
    Any help?

:)

makednoce, Aug 4, 2015

2. Win 10 and OneDrive deleted all my files?

I had uploaded my photos & videos in onedrive.

after 1 year that come back to onedrive, saw that most files have been deleted!!!

Notably, I had a laptop whit Windows 10,

and some photos is copied of the laptop in the onedrive (without me knowing!!)

Now I do not have it laptop!

Please help me to recover my files. Files are very important to me!

r.hosseini, Aug 4, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Win 10 and OneDrive deleted all my files?

My guess is that the malware that has infected your computer is deleting your files.

BulldogXX, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Trash bin > rightclick > Restore.

Maybe you want to activate the "ask before deleting" option in the trash bin properties...

Joergi, Aug 6, 2015
  5. makednoce Win User
    No its not. I have done some research.It seems that Win 10 scans for pirate files in your HDD or SSD and hust sends to trash bin.
    The solution i think is to not register with Microsoft account when you install Windows 10.
    Though i need confirmation on this.

makednoce, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
    I am not actually using OneDrive (data protection reasons and so) and I also do not have a Microsft account. So I am not the right one to tell you that, sorry. However, should OneDrive really delete files without you telling it to do so, I would consider this a bug.

Joergi, Aug 6, 2015
  7. have they gone from onedrive or from your pc?

if you go to the onedrive website do they show up?

paulsalter, Aug 6, 2015
  8. Tinman Win User

I've not got windows ten on this machine, not registered my win ten at all, noticed a month ago, it took my entire collection of over 1200 songs, I am in contact with them to see what the hell is going on, I've loaded them up twice and twice its left me with the images only, nothing more, even the ones on my windows phone that are backed up, are then swallowed, I bought them whilst on the phone, this is madness, one very unhappy TM

Ok so they are in recycle bin, that is a start I suppose but we will see how long this last before they get chopped or not (hope)

Tinman, Aug 6, 2015
  9. Gary Win User
    I deleted Onedrive, I have no use for it.

Gary, Aug 6, 2015
  10. Tinman Win User
    Am going to do the same for important stuff, cannot be expecting a file to be there after you pay for extra space online only for it to be deleted because some one messed up HUGE, I'll get my space elsewhere

Tinman, Aug 6, 2015
  11. Jeff MSFT Win User
    Have they been deleted from your OneDrive or just locally from your PC? (you can check online at onedrive.com)

Windows 10 has a new OneDrive experience since Windows 8. So you need to reconfigure your OneDrive and choose what folders you want to sync to your PC.

Jeff MSFT, Aug 6, 2015
  12. makednoce Win User
    I had list of songs in folder named MP3. (all removed)
    I had 500GB movies in Movies folder. (all removed)
    I had 500GB games in folder named Games. (not all games were removed, some of them)

They were sent in my trash bin when i restarted my PC.
    My ondrive folder at microsoft was empty.

makednoce, Aug 6, 2015
  13. Joergi Win User

I am not using OneDrive.

Let me put it this way: When I loose my files, then I also want to be the one who had the fun to delete them! *really

Joergi, Aug 6, 2015
  14. Alboari Win User
    Same problem, files just vanished, unbelievable.

Alboari, Aug 9, 2015
  15. Tinman Win User
    My tracks seem to have stayed on onedrive since have returned them from the recycle bin of terror HOWEVER, I'm fairly sure its because I turned off keeping them only on onedrive, since I have left them on my machine as well, they seem to be keeping in situe with no problem, This is not what I wanted. I want to keep them on onedrive and get them from any device at 4g or better, in order to be able to listen to any of my tracks or edit any doc worldwide, Perhaps its asking to much OR more likely, win 10 has had a massive negative effect on onedrive and we all have to weather this out, we shall see!!, either way am going to get a separate online drive

Tinman, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Onedrive deleted all my files - Similar Threads - Onedrive deleted files

2. OneDrive deleted all my files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive deleted all my files.: So.. i am about to reinstall windows, and i wanted to backup some files from my PC to the cloud, so i figured i'd give Onedrive a go. They use it at work, it works well it seems, should be fine i think. I download it, setup a microsoft account for the first time ever and then...
  3. OneDrive deleted all my files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive deleted all my files.: So.. i am about to reinstall windows, and i wanted to backup some files from my PC to the cloud, so i figured i'd give Onedrive a go. They use it at work, it works well it seems, should be fine i think. I download it, setup a microsoft account for the first time ever and then...
  4. OneDrive deleted all my files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unistalled OneDrive and it deleted all my Unsynced files

Unistalled OneDrive and it deleted all my Unsynced files: I never use onedrive; i always rely on computer's Today I unistalled OneDrive from my laptop and all my desktop's file that were unsynced they had the red X one it dissapeared..I had my onedrive storage full and when I unistalled onedrive from computer, it also took the...
  6. Unistalled OneDrive and it deleted all my Unsynced files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unistalled OneDrive and it deleted all my Unsynced files: I never use onedrive; i always rely on computer's Today I unistalled OneDrive from my laptop and all my desktop's file that were unsynced they had the red X one it dissapeared..I had my onedrive storage full and when I unistalled onedrive from computer, it also took the...
  7. Unistalled OneDrive and it deleted all my Unsynced files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Delete all file and folders in OneDrive

Delete all file and folders in OneDrive: I have made several changes to the devices on my network and my OneDrive is now in a confused mess.I would like to remove all files and folders and remove all syncing, effectively restoring OneDrive to the as installed condition.How can I do this?...
  9. I deleted all my files on OneDrive

I deleted all my files on OneDrive: I deleted all my files on OneDrive because it was full not knowing it would delete all the files on my computer. Is there any way to get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-all-my-files-on-onedrive/dc1fd01a-2177-4f1a-b357-7cde57b7dcc1
  10. Deleting all files on my PC from OneDrive

Deleting all files on my PC from OneDrive: I use OneDrive on another computer laptop, but I don't need it on my Windows 10 Desktop computer. So, if I delete the OneDrive folder from my Windows 10 PC, will that delete all my files from my computer?...