Windows 10: OneDrive - Can't stop syncing folder - Unsync a sub folder under Documents?

Discus and support OneDrive - Can't stop syncing folder - Unsync a sub folder under Documents? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I have a subfolder in my Documents folder I don't want synching. It is a fault location from some code that downloads big datasets I don't need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SomeManyQuestions, Sep 10, 2023.

1. OneDrive - Can't stop syncing folder - Unsync a sub folder under Documents?

Hello,I have a subfolder in my Documents folder I don't want synching. It is a fault location from some code that downloads big datasets I don't need to store.But when I try to unselect the folder, I get this:Can't stop syncing folder - the folder you tried to unselect contains the Windows Document folder which is an important folder in Windows and is currently pointed to OnedriveDoes this mean I have no control over the documents folder or do I have to move all my files to another section that is not synced?What if I don't WANT to sync the docs folder?The same error happens if I try to UnSyn

:)

SomeManyQuestions, Sep 10, 2023
  2. EmilyS726 Win User

How to stop syncing folder under ~/Documents with OneDrive?

Hello this is Emily.

You can’t unsync folder from within Document folder of document folder is set to sync. In your case you need to stop syncing the document folder.

Right click on the OneDrive icon on lower right on taskbar. Go to settings. In the sync and backup tab, click on “manage backup”. Next make sure you cancel sync for Document folder.

Restart the computer and the entire Document folder will return to local path without being nested under OneDrive folder. If you are missing any files you can go to www.OneDrive.com, sign in and download from there.

EmilyS726, Sep 10, 2023
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How can I stop a folder from being pushed to OneDrive

Hi 3201Hunter

If your Documents folder is being Synced to OneDrive, your only option to stop that sub-folder from being synced to OneDrive is to move that sub-folder out of your Documents folder to another location, so it is not included in the sync list . . .

DaveM121, Sep 10, 2023
  4. OneDrive - Can't stop syncing folder - Unsync a sub folder under Documents?

Unsynced OneDrive Folders

Folders I've chosen not to sync to my computer from One Drive will not appear in File Explorer. Combined with the disappearance of the OneDrive App, the only way to access unsynced OneDrive folders is by opening a browser. Am I doing something wrong?

RyanDeegan, Sep 10, 2023
Thema:

OneDrive - Can't stop syncing folder - Unsync a sub folder under Documents?

1. OneDrive - Can't stop syncing folder - Unsync a sub folder under Documents? - Similar Threads - OneDrive Can't stop

2. OneDrive - Can't stop syncing folder - Unsync a sub folder under Documents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - Can't stop syncing folder - Unsync a sub folder under Documents?: Hello,I have a subfolder in my Documents folder I don't want synching. It is a fault location from some code that downloads big datasets I don't need to store.But when I try to unselect the folder, I get this:Can't stop syncing folder - the folder you tried to unselect...
  3. How to stop syncing folder under ~/Documents with OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop syncing folder under ~/Documents with OneDrive?: I have a folder named ~/Documents/Rockstar Games that I do not want to sync to OneDrive. But when I try to disable syncing of this folder in OneDrive settings, I get a message saying that Documents is being synced and I cannot stop syncing the /Rockstar Games folder. Is there...
  4. How to stop syncing folder under ~/Documents with OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop syncing folder under ~/Documents with OneDrive?: I have a folder named ~/Documents/Rockstar Games that I do not want to sync to OneDrive. But when I try to disable syncing of this folder in OneDrive settings, I get a message saying that Documents is being synced and I cannot stop syncing the /Rockstar Games folder. Is there...
  5. Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders: I go through this everytime I have to rebuild my PC with this worthless sytem. It defaults to backing up everything in my life. I try to stop it from backing up MY GAMES folder inside my documents but it syas I have to wait until it finishes backing up the files before I can...
  6. Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders

Can't stop OneDrive from syncing folders: I go through this everytime I have to rebuild my PC with this worthless sytem. It defaults to backing up everything in my life. I try to stop it from backing up MY GAMES folder inside my documents but it syas I have to wait until it finishes backing up the files before I can...
  7. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents folder!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents folder!: I have Installed FF14 from steam onto my External drive and have tried to install the games Launcher onto my external drive as well but Windows insists on choosing its default as my Onedrive Documents folder and I can't move it. I cannot access the Settings at all when...
  8. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents folder!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents folder!: I have Installed FF14 from steam onto my External drive and have tried to install the games Launcher onto my external drive as well but Windows insists on choosing its default as my Onedrive Documents folder and I can't move it. I cannot access the Settings at all when...
  9. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents folder!

10. Stop OneDrive from Syncing the Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop OneDrive from Syncing the Documents folder: Hi, I recently bought a new PC. I set up OneDrive as I always do, except this time it's syncing the Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I don't want the documents or the desktop to be synced as I work with very big files as as well as Outlook .PST's not syncing whilst Outlook...