Windows 10: OneDrive automatic backup Issues

Discus and support OneDrive automatic backup Issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My OneDrive is sync-ing all my files, many which include folders and apps that I don't want/need sync-ing, and it removed folders I had on my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Amkar, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Amkar Win User

OneDrive automatic backup Issues

My OneDrive is sync-ing all my files, many which include folders and apps that I don't want/need sync-ing, and it removed folders I had on my desktop because of this, so how can I undo this, then how do I tell OneDrive which folder to sync, since I only need one folder to be sync'd.

:)

Amkar, Feb 24, 2023

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 24, 2023
  3. Automatically backup OneDrive Files?

Hi,

I would suggest you to use EaseUS Todo Backup.

After downloading this Kindly follow follow below mentioned steps, i am hopeful that your issue will be resolves by doing this.

*Launch EaseUS's free backup software and choose "File Backup" option to back up files from your computer or other devices to OneDrive.

*Select the files or folders you want to back up. Then click "Destination" to select the Cloud Storage > Add Cloud storage service so that you can save your files to OneDrive.

*Click "Schedule" option to open the Backup Scheme window, here you can create a scheduled backup plan to back up files daily, weekly, monthly or upon an event. For example, you can set at 5 pm, then it will automatically back up these files every day at 5
    pm.

*Click "Proceed" to automatically back up files to OneDrive.

You are Done

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Feb 24, 2023
  4. RCoon Win User

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Feb 24, 2023
Thema:

1. OneDrive automatic backup Issues - Similar Threads - OneDrive automatic backup

2. Stopping Windows 11 automatic backup to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stopping Windows 11 automatic backup to OneDrive: Every time there is a major Windows 11 update I get the setup screen after the reboot. First it asks me to hook up my Android phone, which I can skip. Then it goes to OneDrive Sync and there is no option to skip it. I can't say no, the only option is to accept it. Then it...
  3. OneDrive automatic backup Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive automatic backup Issues: My OneDrive is sync-ing all my files, many which include folders and apps that I don't want/need sync-ing, and it removed folders I had on my desktop because of this, so how can I undo this, then how do I tell OneDrive which folder to sync, since I only need one folder to be...
  4. OneDrive automatic backup Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive automatic backup Issues: My OneDrive is sync-ing all my files, many which include folders and apps that I don't want/need sync-ing, and it removed folders I had on my desktop because of this, so how can I undo this, then how do I tell OneDrive which folder to sync, since I only need one folder to be...
  5. Automatic backup local folder to Onedrive business

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic backup local folder to Onedrive business: Hi,I have a Onedrive business account and I want to select my working project folder to backup. I have searched for solution and couldn't get satisfied solution.The backup should automatically sync with Onedrive. There is a folder in C: drive default backup folder and I can...
  6. Automatic backup local folder to Onedrive business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic backup local folder to Onedrive business: Hi,I have a Onedrive business account and I want to select my working project folder to backup. I have searched for solution and couldn't get satisfied solution.The backup should automatically sync with Onedrive. There is a folder in C: drive default backup folder and I can...
  7. How to permanently disable automatic backup to onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable automatic backup to onedrive: I just got a new computer running windows 11 previously had windows 10. I have 3 times had to turn off the onedrive sync because my files were all uploaded, and of course there isn't enough storage without purchasing more. I already have cloud backup, and I don't want to...
  8. How to permanently disable automatic backup to onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently disable automatic backup to onedrive: I just got a new computer running windows 11 previously had windows 10. I have 3 times had to turn off the onedrive sync because my files were all uploaded, and of course there isn't enough storage without purchasing more. I already have cloud backup, and I don't want to...
  9. OneDrive backup Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive backup Issue: Today I got a notification for backup to OneDrive, I agreed. I didn't know that the limit is only 5 GB. The space got full instantly and then notifications asked me to free up space. I deleted some files from OneDrive to free some space. I checked my files on PC. Some files...
  10. Automatic backup of OneDrive-folders to external HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic backup of OneDrive-folders to external HDD: I have my OneDrive-folders saved localy on my computer, but I also have an external HDD connected to my router for backups. Using the build-in backup feature in Windows I can't get it to actually backup the content in THE OneDrive-folders to the external HDD. Is there a way...