Windows 10: OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space

Discus and support OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there,I am trying to sync a file about 10MB to my OneDrive but it's not working.The OneDrive app shows "Couldn't upload file" with "You don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Koco, Apr 15, 2024.

1. Koco Win User

OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space

Hi there,I am trying to sync a file about 10MB to my OneDrive but it's not working.The OneDrive app shows "Couldn't upload file" with "You don't have enough space for this file." even though it says "15.3GB used of 125 GB".If i click Sync issues above, the following message pops up:Clicking it just closes the warning message and goes back to the page that says "You don't have enough space for this file."I tried the instructions here and here, but neither of them fixed the issue.Does anyone know what the issue might be and/or how to further investigate?Thanks,Koco

:)

2. OneDrive suddenly not syncing

On my home computer, OneDrive was operating perfectly. Then, it suddenly stopped syncing my music files however photos continued to sync.

I have plenty of storage space and have tried every suggestion on the help site. Nothing seems to work. Please advise.

Thank you

AnneKennington, Apr 15, 2024
  3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

P4-630, Apr 15, 2024
  4. OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 15, 2024
Thema:

OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space

1. OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space - Similar Threads - OneDrive app cannot

2. OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space: Hi there,I am trying to sync a file about 10MB to my OneDrive but it's not working.The OneDrive app shows "Couldn't upload file" with "You don't have enough space for this file." even though it says "15.3GB used of 125 GB".If i click Sync issues above, the following message...
  3. My onedrive is not syncing, giving the erroror "not enough free space" even though i only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My onedrive is not syncing, giving the erroror "not enough free space" even though i only...: A few days ago i downloaded a file which by accident saved in my onedrive which was more than my one drive could handle. After this happend i deleted the file which was to big so that i could save my other work on it. After this however my onedrive kept saying that i didnt...
  4. My onedrive is not syncing, giving the erroror "not enough free space" even though i only...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My onedrive is not syncing, giving the erroror "not enough free space" even though i only...: A few days ago i downloaded a file which by accident saved in my onedrive which was more than my one drive could handle. After this happend i deleted the file which was to big so that i could save my other work on it. After this however my onedrive kept saying that i didnt...
  5. Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have plenty of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have plenty of space: Hi all,I am currently trying to install games from steam, but I'm encountering an error message indicating that I don't have sufficient disk space.However, I have approximately 600 GB on disk G and 1.2 TB on disk M.I am perplexed as to why I am unable to install a 75GB game...
  6. Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have plenty of space

Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have plenty of space: Hi all,I am currently trying to install games from steam, but I'm encountering an error message indicating that I don't have sufficient disk space.However, I have approximately 600 GB on disk G and 1.2 TB on disk M.I am perplexed as to why I am unable to install a 75GB game...
  7. OneDrive for business "Not enough free space" message in File explorer, but there is plenty...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive for business "Not enough free space" message in File explorer, but there is plenty...: Hello,I cannot copy files to Onedrive in File Explorer it says "Not enough free space...". But when I go to into Storage metrics, I have more than half of 1TB free.What is wrong ?...
  8. OneDrive for business "Not enough free space" message in File explorer, but there is plenty...

OneDrive for business "Not enough free space" message in File explorer, but there is plenty...: Hello,I cannot copy files to Onedrive in File Explorer it says "Not enough free space...". But when I go to into Storage metrics, I have more than half of 1TB free.What is wrong ?...
  9. OneDrive for business "Not enough free space" message in File explorer, but there is plenty...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. not able to shrink C: even though there is plenty of space free

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    not able to shrink C: even though there is plenty of space free: Some of windows system files got corrupted so i did recover it through recovery drive. Everything was fine until i knew that Windows C: is taking up 500GB of my disk space. I tried shrinking it but it's showing " available space on drive for shrinking : 0mb "..... Total space...