Windows 10: Onedrive account not showing up in file explorer

Discus and support Onedrive account not showing up in file explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a problem with my file explorer. I have 3 different emails I use: Personal, work, and school. They are all under my account in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LittleFighter3113, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Onedrive account not showing up in file explorer

Hello, I am having a problem with my file explorer. I have 3 different emails I use: Personal, work, and school. They are all under my account in outlook email. I can switch from one to another easily. However, If i were in my work outlook email and tried to attach a file, it opens my file explorer and only my personal and student onedrives are there, not my work one. As far as i can tell I'm signed in and my work email listed everywhere in settings, manage accounts, etc. So why doesn't my outlook work email show up but the others do? It makes it very difficult to access or save work documents

:)

LittleFighter3113, Apr 2, 2022
  2. Edwin Win User

How can I "unhide" onedrive from file explorer

Open 'OneDrive' folder from the Start menu/AllApps list.

Edwin, Apr 2, 2022
  3. tomseys Win User
    How can I "unhide" onedrive from file explorer

I think if you want to exactly dupe what I did you have to first unlink pc with onedrive and choose not to launch at startup if you are not that way. Not sure if that would be an exact mimic because I had never set up an account with one drive when I did it. It was in a pre first use state.

Edit:

These are the steps according to the microsoft link:

1. In the Notifications area on the bottom of the Windows screen, right-click the OneDrive icon. You might have to click the Show Hidden Icons arrow to find OneDrive.

Onedrive account not showing up in file explorer ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png
    2. Click Settings, and on the Settings tab, uncheck all the boxes under General.
    3. On the Auto save tab, set the Documents and Pictures lists to This PC only, and uncheck the other boxes.
    4. On the Account tab, click Choose folders.
    5. In the Sync your OneDrive files to this PC box, check and uncheck the box at Sync all files and folders in my OneDrive. (The first check selects all the boxes, then the uncheck clears them all.) Click OK to close the box and return to settings.
      This step removes all OneDrive files from your computer, but leaves them on OneDrive.com.
    6. Click OK to save your changes in the Settings box.
    7. Open the Settings box again: In the Notifications area, right-click the OneDrive icon, click Settings. On the Account tab, click Unlink OneDrive. Close the Welcome to OneDrive box that appears.
    8. Open File Explorer, right-click OneDrive, and then click Properties.
      On the General tab, next to Attributes, check the Hidden box. This hides OneDrive from File Explorer.
    9. One more time, back in the Notifications area, right-click the OneDrive icon and click Exit. This removes the OneDrive icon from the Notifications area.

I didn't have to do most of the above since I never set it up to begin with.

Anyway, again, not a big deal since I'm going to disable onedrive using the Brink tutorial anyway. The computer seems okay otherwise.

tomseys, Apr 2, 2022
  4. Onedrive account not showing up in file explorer

Files/folders show in File Explorer Windows 10 they are being synced but OneDrive says all is good

In that case, we would recommend following the steps below to continue troubleshooting.

• Unlink OneDrive.
    • Go to the notification area in the left part of the taskbar and click
      Show hidden icons
      arrow.
    • Right-click the cloud icon and click Settings.
    • Go to Account tab and click Unlink Onedrive button.
    • Once unlinked, you can remove all the OneDrive files manually.
    • After removing the files, start over and add your OneDrive again.

• In case you encounter the same issue, you can Reset OneDrive as a last resort.
    • In the Search bar, type CMD.
    • Right-click the Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset the hit
      Enter.
    • To check if the command is successful, check if the cloud icon disappeared from the taskbar notification.
    • Restart you PC and open the OneDrive to start over.

You can hit us back and tell us the result.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 2, 2022
Thema:

Onedrive account not showing up in file explorer

1. Onedrive account not showing up in file explorer - Similar Threads - Onedrive account showing

2. OneDrive account does not show up as direct folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive account does not show up as direct folder in File Explorer: I have recently tried replacing my old private OneDrive account, to which I no longer have access, with a new one.Everything went smoothly except for the fact that it does not show up directly under Desktop, but rather only as a folder inside Users/username. With my old...
  3. OneDrive account does not show up as direct folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive account does not show up as direct folder in File Explorer: I have recently tried replacing my old private OneDrive account, to which I no longer have access, with a new one.Everything went smoothly except for the fact that it does not show up directly under Desktop, but rather only as a folder inside Users/username. With my old...
  4. OneDrive account does not show up as direct folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive for business folder shows up as Pictures on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive for business folder shows up as Pictures on file explorer: Hi all,I have 2 pc’s, a work W10-US and private W11-US pc, that both connect to my OneDrive for Business account, At some point in time I told one or maybe both of these PC’s to back up the desktop, documents, pictures folder to OneDrive for Business.Much later I found out...
  6. OneDrive for business folder shows up as Pictures on file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive for business folder shows up as Pictures on file explorer: Hi all,I have 2 pc’s, a work W10-US and private W11-US pc, that both connect to my OneDrive for Business account, At some point in time I told one or maybe both of these PC’s to back up the desktop, documents, pictures folder to OneDrive for Business.Much later I found out...
  7. Onedrive account not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive account not showing up in file explorer: Hello, I am having a problem with my file explorer. I have 3 different emails I use: Personal, work, and school. They are all under my account in outlook email. I can switch from one to another easily. However, If i were in my work outlook email and tried to attach a file, it...
  8. OneDrive files not showing up in Windows File Explorer search.

in Cortana
    OneDrive files not showing up in Windows File Explorer search.: Help would be appreciated. OneDrive tech could not help. My onedrive files and folders are not showing up when I search for them in file explorer windows search in the bottom task bar. They used to, before I moved my onedrive files to D:, which has more space. My C: is a...
  9. Deleted onedrive files still showing up in file explorer search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted onedrive files still showing up in file explorer search: I deleted some onedrive files and also deleted them from my hard drive. Emptied the recycle bin on both ends. The files are nowhere to be found unless I search on windows 10. The file names show up but when clicked they link me to a onedrive page that says they no longer...
  10. OneDrive not showing up in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive not showing up in File Explorer: I have 3 machines with W10 build 1903, two with Pro and one with Home. On both the Pro machines, OneDrive shows up just before This PC. On the home machine OneDrive does not appear at all. One Drive seems to work just fine on all three machines, things that are supposed to be...