Windows 10: one user can access, other user cannot

Discus and support one user can access, other user cannot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Two Win10Pro vers 20xx computers, Ethernet LAN. In compD (destination): - password protected sharing is OFF - shares give full control permission to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thename, Jul 17, 2021.

1. thename Win User

one user can access, other user cannot

Two Win10Pro vers 20xx computers, Ethernet LAN. In compD (destination): - password protected sharing is OFF - shares give full control permission to Everyone. CompS (source) UsernameS (standard account) can access compD (dest) which also has UsenameS. CompS Explorer lists compD shares. CompS (source) UsernameA (admin acct) is denied access to compD (dest) which does not have UsernameA. Why denial?

:)

thename, Jul 17, 2021
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jul 17, 2021
  3. File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Jul 17, 2021
  4. one user can access, other user cannot

Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    one user can access, other user cannot 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

one user can access, other user cannot

1. one user can access, other user cannot - Similar Threads - user access user

2. Cannot access other windows accounts/users

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot access other windows accounts/users: Hello! I once saw something on windows to set up a pin, i was interested in doing that, so i decided to try and set up a pin, then, i typed in 1111 as my pin just to see then what a pin can do, but it told me it was too easy, so i decided to set up 1234, TOO EASY lol so then...
  3. Cannot access other windows accounts/users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access other windows accounts/users: Hello! I once saw something on windows to set up a pin, i was interested in doing that, so i decided to try and set up a pin, then, i typed in 1111 as my pin just to see then what a pin can do, but it told me it was too easy, so i decided to set up 1234, TOO EASY lol so then...
  4. Cannot access other windows accounts/users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot access family and other users.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access family and other users.: When I try to open Settings>Accounts>Family and other users, it simply closes settings and does nothing. I had a similar problem with the windows defender anti-virus, but I ended up just installing another anti-virus after taking it to a shop that also couldn't figure out...
  6. I cannot access family and other users.

I cannot access family and other users.: When I try to open Settings>Accounts>Family and other users, it simply closes settings and does nothing. I had a similar problem with the windows defender anti-virus, but I ended up just installing another anti-virus after taking it to a shop that also couldn't figure out...
  7. Users - blocking access to other users' files - can it be done

in Windows 10 Customization
    Users - blocking access to other users' files - can it be done: Is there any way to block a user from accessing the files of the main account in Win10?I have gone to security to find the other user's account to block, but I can't find it. Have tried adding it, but no where to be found.thanks...
  8. Users - blocking access to other users' files - can it be done

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users - blocking access to other users' files - can it be done: Is there any way to block a user from accessing the files of the main account in Win10?I have gone to security to find the other user's account to block, but I can't find it. Have tried adding it, but no where to be found.thanks...
  9. Users - blocking access to other users' files - can it be done

10. Cannot access NAS from One User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access NAS from One User: Hello! Yesterday, I came back to my computer, only to find I cannot access my NAS. I went on another computer in my house, attached through LAN and it worked. I also went to another user on my computer and it worked, but on my user it did not. Naturally, I tested and...