Windows 10: One Drive is duplicating files & want Recent news stories to appear on demand only, not pop up.

Discus and support One Drive is duplicating files & want Recent news stories to appear on demand only, not pop up. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I Reset my PC recently to see if it would resolve an intermittent Touchpad fault. I now find I have to tailor settings to my preference in so many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FiggisPD, Oct 1, 2024 at 10:12 AM.

1. FiggisPD Win User

One Drive is duplicating files & want Recent news stories to appear on demand only, not pop up.

I Reset my PC recently to see if it would resolve an intermittent Touchpad fault. I now find I have to tailor settings to my preference in so many sites that worked perfectly before. The 'Recent' news stories pop up so often I want to smash the screen. How do I put it to sleep to appear only on demand?I'm trying to use One Drive but I'm puzzled by the fact it creates 4 versions of a Screenshot and why are there 4 copies of a movie there - why? I never save movies or other files in Screenshots. Before I started to use One Drive the Snipping Tool saved one file version of the Snip. The recent

:)

2. Milzee999 Win User

Duplicate one drive files in recent list

Hi Greg

I tried clearing cashed credentials but that did not work. The other links refer to removing duplicate files on one drive. I think you have misunderstood the problem. There is no duplicate file on one drive. The problem is the same file is listed twice in recents. So one file in the one drive folder - two lines in recent files.

Thanks

3. Milzee999 Win User

I was away for a long weekend so temporarily disabled OneDrive to stop it blitzing my C drive. I have now reenabled it. Folder back up and files on demand is switched off. I have also excluded the NAS folder in the choose folders form to stop it downloading the 0.5TB of media. So my OneDrive is back to how it was before the reset. However the duplicate listings in recent files is still there so the reset has not resolved the original problem.

4. Milzee999 Win User

One Drive is duplicating files & want Recent news stories to appear on demand only, not pop up.

That's what I am doing. You are misunderstanding the problem. There is no duplicate file. There is only one file. But there are two shortcuts to the same file in the recent files listing. One saying C drive and one saying OneDrive. I want to get rid of the duplicate shortcut.

Thema:

1. One Drive is duplicating files & want Recent news stories to appear on demand only, not pop up. - Similar Threads - Drive duplicating files

2. One Drive is duplicating files & want Recent news stories to appear on demand only, not pop up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive is duplicating files & want Recent news stories to appear on demand only, not pop up.: I Reset my PC recently to see if it would resolve an intermittent Touchpad fault. I now find I have to tailor settings to my preference in so many sites that worked perfectly before. The 'Recent' news stories pop up so often I want to smash the screen. How do I put it to...
  3. Are Files Duplicated in One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Files Duplicated in One Drive: I hope this is a simple question with a simple answer. I have been using One Drive as a file backup, primarily my photos right now. In the One Drive Documents folder there is a Camera Roll folder and several folders where all the photos are organized by Event. For example,...
  4. Are Files Duplicated in One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Files Duplicated in One Drive: I hope this is a simple question with a simple answer. I have been using One Drive as a file backup, primarily my photos right now. In the One Drive Documents folder there is a Camera Roll folder and several folders where all the photos are organized by Event. For example,...
  5. Duplicate one drive files in recent list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate one drive files in recent list: Since the last windows update I am seeing duplicate files in the recent list. It seems specific to one drive files. I am seeing one entry for the local copy and one entry for the one drive copy. I am editing the local copy and using one drive as a back up. I have tried...
  6. Duplicate one drive files in recent list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate one drive files in recent list: Since the last windows update I am seeing duplicate files in the recent list. It seems specific to one drive files. I am seeing one entry for the local copy and one entry for the one drive copy. I am editing the local copy and using one drive as a back up. I have tried...
  7. one drive pop up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    one drive pop up: New Lenovo laptop win 10 windows 20H2 and my one drive keeps displaying pop up "there was a problem signing you in" after I signed in and used it a few times and sync worked fine. Now it will not let me sign in. I removed one drive and reinstalled it but still the same pop...
  8. I want to use OneDrive only on demand and only for certain files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to use OneDrive only on demand and only for certain files.: I have a small handful of files that I store in OneDrive for access from multiple devices. I need to be able to access those files from my computer. But I do not want everything on my computer backed up to OneDrive. I don't want to disable OneDrive completely because I do...
  9. cannot turn off files on demand for one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot turn off files on demand for one drive: i go into one drive settings, go under files on demand and uncheck it ,when i hit ok, it automatically checks it again.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-off-files-on-demand-for-one-drive/ff15dd9b-b300-4114-b317-cd5acc850780
  10. duplicate One Drive files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    duplicate One Drive files: I have two drives in my HP desktop. One is an SSD with the OS. The other is a disk drive with my data. I have One Drive on the data drive with my documents and pictures. However, for some reason, there is another One Drive folder with the same files on the SSD under...