Windows 10: One account multiple PCs, different desktops

Discus and support One account multiple PCs, different desktops in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a new tablet. I want the desktop to be different than my main PC. Right now, it has copied all the shortcuts to the new tablet and if I delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sregoryor, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Sregoryor Win User

One account multiple PCs, different desktops

I have a new tablet. I want the desktop to be different than my main PC. Right now, it has copied all the shortcuts to the new tablet and if I delete them, it says it will delete them on all desktops. Please let me know my options.

:)

Sregoryor, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Mala_S Win User

virtual desktop as multiple monitor

Hello Dan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Virtual desktops lets you create multiple, separate desktops that each can display different open windows and apps. Multiple desktops are great for quickly switching desktops. The idea of having multiple virtual desktops is being able to order programs
    according to a set of tasks.

PC can’t have different virtual desktop on each monitor. However, we can
    configure the taskbar for multiple displays to send windows from one monitor to another. We can customize Windows to have a taskbar shown on only one display, and a different taskbar on the other display. To do that, follow the below mentioned
    steps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select
      Taskbar Settings
    • Scroll down to Multiple displays section and choose
      Taskbar where window is open under Show taskbar buttons on option.

By choosing that particular option in Settings, you can set its independent taskbar in addition to your primary display. Only the open windows are shown on the taskbar in that particular display.

As a workaround, we can create a new profile to switch your main display to another. By doing that, you can switch between profiles which will be having different displays in it.
    To do that, follow the below mentioned steps.

• Right click anywhere on the desktop and select Graphics properties > Select
      Display > make changes to change your main displays > click on
      Save profile
      > assign a name to it.
    • You can create multiple profiles to make different monitors as main displays each time.
    • To apply the profile, right click anywhere on the
      desktop and select Graphics Options > Profiles > in there you can select the new account which you have created to switch the display.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 6, 2023
  4. One account multiple PCs, different desktops

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

One account multiple PCs, different desktops

1. One account multiple PCs, different desktops - Similar Threads - account multiple PCs

2. One account multiple PCs, different desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One account multiple PCs, different desktops: I have a new tablet. I want the desktop to be different than my main PC. Right now, it has copied all the shortcuts to the new tablet and if I delete them, it says it will delete them on all desktops. Please let me know my options....
  3. One account to multiple

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One account to multiple: I have 10 Computers and i need to connect to one hotmail account. Need help regrading on this iisue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-account-to-multiple/5e1c574a-fad3-4e15-a771-57ef233bd042
  4. One account to multiple

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    One account to multiple: I have 10 Computers and i need to connect to one hotmail account. Need help regrading on this iisue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-account-to-multiple/5e1c574a-fad3-4e15-a771-57ef233bd042
  5. One account to multiple

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Multiple accounts on different PCs - can't remove

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Multiple accounts on different PCs - can't remove: We have a few different MS accounts setup - family home desktop and children PCs laptops. Unfortunately the accounts constantly switch from one computer to the other and we can't remove them. How do we remove the accounts so each computer has it's own account and data/info...
  7. Multiple desktops, different icons

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Multiple desktops, different icons: Hello So, I know how to use multiple desktops. Does anyone know a way to make it so that for example, Desktop 2 shows no Desktop Icons whereas Desktop 1 will show Desktop Icons? I can accept using 3rd-party software to make this work. - - - Updated - - - Why was this...
  8. Multiple desktops, different icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple desktops, different icons: Hello So, I know how to use multiple desktops. Does anyone know a way to make it so that for example, Desktop 2 shows no Desktop Icons whereas Desktop 1 will show Desktop Icons? I can accept using 3rd-party software to make this work. 159223
  9. One Microsoft account, two PCs?

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Microsoft account, two PCs?: Let's say someone knows my Microsoft account data and logs in with my account on another PC kilometers away from mine. Will I receive a notification about this activity? Can the person change something in my PC settings (e.g. admin rights, account type on my PC)? Ein...
  10. One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.: Hello guys. Please help me with a guidance, how to properly do such process: Conditions: I got my Microsoft Account, with one desktop device on it main PC and a Windows Home LicenseOEM. I am buying a new PC for my second location in my country. I do not want to make...