Windows 10: On Screen Touchpad / Virtual Touchpad does not open and does not work on windows 11

Discus and support On Screen Touchpad / Virtual Touchpad does not open and does not work on windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have tried SFC scan and a few other things. I have ticked show virtual touch pad in the taskbar. When I click it nothing opens. Nothing happens.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Levi Lindsell, Jun 20, 2024.

1. On Screen Touchpad / Virtual Touchpad does not open and does not work on windows 11

I have tried SFC scan and a few other things. I have ticked show virtual touch pad in the taskbar. When I click it nothing opens. Nothing happens. Googling for this problem is useless cause even using quotes, google just spits out people having touchpad issues, and I can't find any clear documentation on the virtual keyboard. Even just knowing what exe is meant to be opening would be a huge help. The lack of easily accessible documentation on Microsoft system applications is extremely irritating.

:)

Levi Lindsell, Jun 20, 2024
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jun 20, 2024
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Touchpad

Hi Denise,

To address your concern, we suggest that you check if the touchpad is enabled in Mouse Properties.

Please follow these steps below to check the status of the touchpad.

• Click Start and choose Settings.
    • Click on Devices. Choose Mouse & touchpad. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click
      Additional mouse options.
    • The Mouse Properties window will open. Click the tab furthest to the right (ELAN
      or Device Settings).
    • Under Devices, check if your touchpad is disabled. If it is disabled, click the touchpad to select it and then click
      Enable.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jun 20, 2024
  4. On Screen Touchpad / Virtual Touchpad does not open and does not work on windows 11

Touchpad not working

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 20, 2024
Thema:

On Screen Touchpad / Virtual Touchpad does not open and does not work on windows 11

1. On Screen Touchpad / Virtual Touchpad does not open and does not work on windows 11 - Similar Threads - Screen Touchpad Virtual

2. On Screen Touchpad / Virtual Touchpad does not open and does not work on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On Screen Touchpad / Virtual Touchpad does not open and does not work on windows 11: I have tried SFC scan and a few other things. I have ticked show virtual touch pad in the taskbar. When I click it nothing opens. Nothing happens. Googling for this problem is useless cause even using quotes, google just spits out people having touchpad issues, and I can't...
  3. Touchpad settings disappeared completely and the touchpad itself does not work

Touchpad settings disappeared completely and the touchpad itself does not work: Hi,I have had a problem with my touchpad not working for some weeks now - if not months - and I have tried almost every solution that comes up online, I have even checked if anybody else had a problem like this, and I found someone, but they had a DELL, not an HP. I have...
  4. Touchpad does not work correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad does not work correctly: My Dell G5 5587 is on it's third Precision Touchpad. Currently there seems to be 2 different issues. First is that sometimes the cursor will not respond correctly. You move your finger and the cursor doesn't move or moves and then stops. It has done this before and I...
  5. Touchpad does not work correctly

Touchpad does not work correctly: My Dell G5 5587 is on it's third Precision Touchpad. Currently there seems to be 2 different issues. First is that sometimes the cursor will not respond correctly. You move your finger and the cursor doesn't move or moves and then stops. It has done this before and I...
  6. Touchpad does not work correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. touchpad does not scroll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad does not scroll: new laptop with windoze 10 and touchpad stopped scrolling.I tried reinstalling driver, but that didn't fix it.Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-does-not-scroll/34e701c2-8abc-4404-91d2-eaa7b263e518
  8. Touchpad Does not work

Touchpad Does not work: I have Haier Y11C laptop. It worked fine until one day I started my laptop and my mouse was not moving. My touchpad is not working from that day. I checked my control panel but there is no option of touchpad there. I checked the device manager but there is no option of mouse...
  9. The touchpad does not work for Windows, but does work for Ubuntu and BIOS

The touchpad does not work for Windows, but does work for Ubuntu and BIOS: I was installing drivers through IOBit's Driver Booster on a new Lenovo Ideapad S540, when suddenly the mouse pointer disappeared and the touchpad stopped responding. In the Device Manager, the driver corresponding to the touchpad returned an error with code 45 - meaning the...
  10. My touchpad does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My touchpad does not work: Hello My problem is that my i have a Lenovo ideapad 120S-11IAP and in settings i saw a touchpad option it does not work .Someone please send me feedback on this about how does it work if it is possible om my laptop. Thank you in advance and have a nice day....