Windows 10: Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop

Discus and support Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I attempted to update my Nvidia gpu drivers and as soon as they finished updating I received a BSoD with code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA listing what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Carter Owens, Jan 5, 2023.

1. Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop

I attempted to update my Nvidia gpu drivers and as soon as they finished updating I received a BSoD with code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA listing what failed as nviddmkm.sys I know this is an issue with the latest Nvidia driver but I performed a clean install. I cannot load into windows, as soon as I log into windows I receive the same blue screen. If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

:)

Carter Owens, Jan 5, 2023

2. Windows repeatingly BSODs after issues with NVIDIA graphics driver updates

Yesterday, after playing FIFA 20 demo and having the game crash with supposedly GPU-related errors, I went to update my graphics drivers (game ready driver) via NVIDIA experience as I usually do. I installed the driver with the express option. My graphics
    card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

This led to issues though, first with windows security warning: "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software". Here I pressed "install this driver anyway", which led to NVIDIA experience displaying a "7zip: crc error" some progress later.
    Here I clicked OK. Before a third way through the installation, NVIDIA experience cancelled the installation with a display saying the installation failed.

After this, Windows started constant rebooting and BSOD everytime, and my display seemed to be connected to the motherboard graphics instead of my graphics card. I quickly made it start in safe mode, ran DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller), which uninstalled
    NVIDIA Experience. Then i went to NVIDIA's website and manually found and downloaded a driver compatible with my graphics card. The driver is NVIDIA Graphics driver 432.00. After installation, i restarted my computer in normal mode, and everything seemed to
    be fixed. I used the computer for hours afterwards, playing FIFA 20 and browsing the internet.

Today, however, after again having used the computer for hours without issues, i shut my computer off for some hours and i boot it again this afternoon. Now the computer BSOD's again, restarts and repeats rapidly 4 times, and then it boots without problems.
    This is quite confusing, and I'm concerned it won't be the last time it does this. I have found 5 memory dump files, 1 from one of yesterdays BSODs and 4 from just now. Though I don't know how to link them to this post. Any tips on this?

I hope this has information to understand the problem, or that I have simply misunderstood the cause of some of these errors.

HamDerDolski, Jan 5, 2023
  3. Apsy Win User
    NVIDIA DRIVER 307.83

The issue still the same.

I went to NVIDIA Web site and they suggested to download a new driver

GE force 353.62. I was able to downloaded but was not able to install it due to:

"NVIDIA Installer cannot continue this graphic driver could not find compatible graphic hardware"

I don't know what to do anymore

Any other suggestion?

Apsy, Jan 5, 2023
  4. Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop

Nvidia Driver update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 5, 2023
Thema:

Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop

1. Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop - Similar Threads - Nvidia graphics driver

2. BSOD caused by Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD caused by Nvidia Drivers: Hello,I keep getting bsod all the time while playing or when my pc is idle. I dont know the root cause but as I read it is caused by nvidia drivers. I have tried to remove drivers with ddu, clean install, did memtest and it is clean. Can anyone help me?Dump analyze here:...
  3. BSOD caused by Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD caused by Nvidia Drivers: Hello,I keep getting bsod all the time while playing or when my pc is idle. I dont know the root cause but as I read it is caused by nvidia drivers. I have tried to remove drivers with ddu, clean install, did memtest and it is clean. Can anyone help me?Dump analyze here:...
  4. Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop: I attempted to update my Nvidia gpu drivers and as soon as they finished updating I received a BSoD with code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA listing what failed as nviddmkm.sys I know this is an issue with the latest Nvidia driver but I performed a clean install. I cannot load...
  5. Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop: I attempted to update my Nvidia gpu drivers and as soon as they finished updating I received a BSoD with code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA listing what failed as nviddmkm.sys I know this is an issue with the latest Nvidia driver but I performed a clean install. I cannot load...
  6. BSOD caused by NVIDIA Driver?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD caused by NVIDIA Driver?: So i was playing vrchat and a couple weeks ago i updated my driver to 457.09 not important now but later.So i was playing VRChat for the first time since updating my driver and i went into the game and ran straight into a BSOD.Now this kinda scared me, since the last time i...
  7. Unable to update NVidia graphics driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update NVidia graphics driver.: I'm unable to properly update my graphics Driver. It is a NVidia RTX 2080. Within about 20% of the install the computer reboots. This is not normal. Normally the display will go black then come back and the installation will finish, but not reboot the computer in the process....
  8. NVidia graphics driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVidia graphics driver: I have a new computer with Nvidia card. At the beginning everything was fine but then I got the generic error 43. I reinstalled the drivers but it didn’t help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-graphics-driver/c318f02e-9762-418f-b8df-a28777ed67f9
  9. Nvidia drivers causing BSoD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvidia drivers causing BSoD?: I just installed the game readyNvidia drivers for gtx 1070 on my PC. I played Some games after, but suddenly, my PC froze and i restarted it often, but it just stopped while loading Windows 10. After Some restarts BSoD "Critical process died" appeared. I cant Start in...
  10. BSOD On installation of any nvidia graphic driver.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD On installation of any nvidia graphic driver.: Hey guys, i got myself a new PC, here's the rig: MOBO: MSI TOMAHAWK B450 MAX CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3600 GRAPHICS: EVGA GTX 1660 SUPER RAM: 2x8GO DDR4 CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX C16 3200MHZ SSD: KINGSTON A400 480GO HARD DRIVE: WBLUE 1TO 3.5" PSU: CORSAIR RM650X 80+ GOLD NETWORK:...