Windows 10: NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 Black screen unless rebooting Computer

Discus and support NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 Black screen unless rebooting Computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; While installing the newest driver since I manually install updates, my screen went dark and all mouse and keyboard inputs stopped working.Turning off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Clemente Spoerer, Aug 19, 2023.

1. NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 Black screen unless rebooting Computer

While installing the newest driver since I manually install updates, my screen went dark and all mouse and keyboard inputs stopped working.Turning off and on fixes the issue but I find it disturbing the lack of testing of this type of drivers.This happened on Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3324.

:)

Clemente Spoerer, Aug 19, 2023

2. Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Aug 19, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Black screen after updating display drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after upgrading the graphics drivers, you are receiving a Black screen. I’ll certainly assist
    you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When exactly do you see a black screen?

• Are you able to boot the computer to the login in screen?

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try refreshing the graphics driver by using the key sequence
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B and see if that helps.

I would suggest you to try booting the computer into Safe Mode and try disabling the display driver. Refer
    the article on Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

After booting the computer to Safe Mode, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press
      Windows logo key + X, and select Device Manager.

2. Expand
      Display Adapters.

3. Right click on the
      Display driver and select Disable device.

4. Restart the computer.

If this allows you to boot the computer to normal mode, try uninstalling the driver.
    To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press
      Windows logo key + X, and select Device Manager.

2. Expand
      Display Adapters.

3. Right click on the
      Display driver and select Uninstall.

4. Restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 19, 2023
  4. hazzz Win User

NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 Black screen unless rebooting Computer

nvidia geforce 341.02 driver causes black screen

I am also having the same problem, ie. black screen. I am using an alienware M11x laptop and Geforce nvidia 342.01 driver. (Until now I couldnt find a solution)For the past 1 month, I have been looking for a solution in the internet and havent found one, although there are varieties of solutions have been offered and I have tried all those solutions, but none works on my laptop. Most of them suggest to reboot to safe mode, and after that use DDU to uninstall and clean all Nvidia driver related files in the system, and perform a custom install of the driver (Perform Clean Install). I have done that and once it is finished installing the driver, it reboots and there it goes again, BLACK SCREEN. Now I am using the standard Intel HD driver, very standard one.Appreciate any info to solve this. Thanks.

hazzz, Aug 19, 2023
Thema:

NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 Black screen unless rebooting Computer

1. NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 Black screen unless rebooting Computer - Similar Threads - NVIDIA Display 3623

2. Computer black screen and reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer black screen and reboots: Hi, I have had problem since a year back that my computer is getting black screen and then reboots after a couple of seconds. While this happens I can still hear the sound in the background if I was playing any games for example. This happens ONLY when my computer is under...
  3. Computer black screen and reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer black screen and reboots: Hi, I have had problem since a year back that my computer is getting black screen and then reboots after a couple of seconds. While this happens I can still hear the sound in the background if I was playing any games for example. This happens ONLY when my computer is under...
  4. NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 Black screen unless rebooting Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 Black screen unless rebooting Computer: While installing the newest driver since I manually install updates, my screen went dark and all mouse and keyboard inputs stopped working.Turning off and on fixes the issue but I find it disturbing the lack of testing of this type of drivers.This happened on Version 22H2 OS...
  5. NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 Black screen unless rebooting Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 Black screen unless rebooting Computer: While installing the newest driver since I manually install updates, my screen went dark and all mouse and keyboard inputs stopped working.Turning off and on fixes the issue but I find it disturbing the lack of testing of this type of drivers.This happened on Version 22H2 OS...
  6. Black Screen Problems HP Computer Model 15-1272wm

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen Problems HP Computer Model 15-1272wm: My HP computer wouldn’t turn on. The screen stays black, but the power light/charger light is on. I’m not hearing the fan or motor running, so I’m in a pinch. The problem is, everything I tried in the tutorials are not working. I’ve tried holding the power button for 15-20...
  7. Frequent Black Screen and Computer Reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Frequent Black Screen and Computer Reboot: Hi, Hoping for some help with an issue I have been experiencing. Once or twice per day, my PC will randomly give me a black screen, followed by the computer rebooting. This happens while browsing the web mostly, and occasionally while gaming. Below is my report from...
  8. Display not connecting unless Pc rebooted.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display not connecting unless Pc rebooted.: I am swapping my second screen between a laptop and a pc. When I plug the screen back into the turned-on PC the input doesn't recognise its plugged in. I either have to reboot the PC or disable and re-enable to video driver from computer management. I am changing input...
  9. Black screen on reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen on reboot: I worked normally on my PC this morning, then turned it off during the 1 hour train ride to work, where I tried to turn it on again. The Only responde I got was a Black screen requesting a password. I have tried every option I can think of, to no result. Can anyone help?...
  10. nvidia display adapters error (code 31)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nvidia display adapters error (code 31): Good evening, I have a problem with my Nvidia display adapters Geforce 940mx. I have an Acer aspire f5-573g with windows 10. After reinstalling the OS due to a crash caused by un update I noticed that the pc doesn't seen the Nvidia display adapter, but only the integrated...