Windows 10: Numpad can be used for everything except typing numbers

Discus and support Numpad can be used for everything except typing numbers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there, I have an issue with my PC. The Numpad can be used for everything, except for typing numbers. When the num lock is off, it can be used as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by tenenbaumgarten, Jan 24, 2024.

1. Numpad can be used for everything except typing numbers

Hi there, I have an issue with my PC. The Numpad can be used for everything, except for typing numbers. When the num lock is off, it can be used as an arrow button, when the accessibility settings is turned on, it can be used to move the mouse pointer, and when the login screen came up, it can be used to enter the pin/password. The only thing it can't do is type numbers. Can anyone help me?

:)

tenenbaumgarten, Jan 24, 2024

2. set numpad to show numbers when turned off.

hello,

I have an hp elitebook 745 without numpad on the far right (Windows 10).

Each time i want to use the numbers from the numpad to input french accents, I have to do the following:

• fn + numlk (to enable the numbers)
    • then press fn + alt + accent combination code.
    • then to continue with the alphabets, i have to turn off the numpad again by fn + numlk
    This is a long annoying procedure since it have to be turned on and off each time for accents etc.

When i press the fn + the numeric keys when the numlk is off, i get the directional buttons which are of no use.

Is the a way to changes those two modes so the when i press fn + numeric keys when the numlk is off, i get the numbers instead of the directional buttons?

Example with the "U" key.

What it is now:

• U (when numlk is off) = alphabet U
    • fn + U (when numllk is off) = left directional button
    • fn + U (when numlk is on) = letter 4
    What i'm looking for:

• U (when numlk is off) = alphabet U
    • fn + U (when numllk is off) = letter 4
    • fn + U (when numlk is on) = left directional button

Thank you in advance for your help. This is an handicap for my work and your help would be really appreciated.

The solution of having an external usb numpad
    is not an option, since very often i have to move with the laptop around and having additional devices is not practical.

khembeegoo, Jan 24, 2024
  3. my numpad is like under the numbers are arrows and when i press 8 withc

my numpad is like under the numbers are arrows and when i press 8 which has the up arrow its using the up arrow how do i make pressing numbers on the numpad its actually typing numbers?

vasile grosu1, Jan 24, 2024
  4. Numpad can be used for everything except typing numbers

Persian (Farsi) numeral input problem using Numpad

Hi Mohammad,

I'm Dyari. Thanks for reaching out. I will be happy to assist you in this regard.

This is a common issue reported by other users that use (Farsi, Arabic, and Kurdish) keyboard layouts. I also have the same issue when I want to type numbers with a Kurdish keyboard.

For now, there is no solution for it, other than using the Alphanumeric section for typing Farsi numbers ١٢٣٤٥٦٧٨٩

And. use Numpad for typing English numbers 123456789

However, you can submit your feedback and suggest it to Microsoft developers via the Microsoft Feedback Hub.

Press the Win key + F to open the Feedback hub app and submit your suggestions and feedback.

Please let me know if you need further assistance and keep me updated.

DYARIBARHAM, Jan 24, 2024
Thema:

Numpad can be used for everything except typing numbers

1. Numpad can be used for everything except typing numbers - Similar Threads - Numpad used everything

2. Numpad can be used for everything except typing numbers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Numpad can be used for everything except typing numbers: Hi there, I have an issue with my PC. The Numpad can be used for everything, except for typing numbers. When the num lock is off, it can be used as an arrow button, when the accessibility settings is turned on, it can be used to move the mouse pointer, and when the login...
  3. Numpad can be used for everything except typing numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numpad can be used for everything except typing numbers: Hi there, I have an issue with my PC. The Numpad can be used for everything, except for typing numbers. When the num lock is off, it can be used as an arrow button, when the accessibility settings is turned on, it can be used to move the mouse pointer, and when the login...
  4. numpad typing an extra digit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    numpad typing an extra digit.: okay so i spilled water on my keyboard, this has happend before now instead of turning off my computer before wiping down the keys i frantically dried the keyboard and put it upside down now for some reason my numpad when i type 0 or 3 it types 30 and i looked everywhere...
  5. numpad typing an extra digit.

numpad typing an extra digit.: okay so i spilled water on my keyboard, this has happend before now instead of turning off my computer before wiping down the keys i frantically dried the keyboard and put it upside down now for some reason my numpad when i type 0 or 3 it types 30 and i looked everywhere...
  6. numpad typing an extra digit.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. can not type in the pin number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not type in the pin number: Hi,When I open the pad with windows 10, the system asks me to type in the PIN number, but I cannot type in anything in the box. However if I select sign-in with my another account, I can enter the password and sign-in....
  8. can not type in the pin number

can not type in the pin number: Hi,When I open the pad with windows 10, the system asks me to type in the PIN number, but I cannot type in anything in the box. However if I select sign-in with my another account, I can enter the password and sign-in....
  9. can not type in the pin number

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Numpad numbers won't type

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numpad numbers won't type: Some keys on my numpad won't type. Even without caps lock on. Keys include 8, 2, star, and period. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numpad-numbers-wont-type/33a2ce04-991b-4d17-b9ba-9d9e9941dd19