Windows 10: Notepad

Discus and support Notepad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't find Notepad Not even in microsoft accessorise after installing windows 10 pro.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bodrul AlamToion, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Notepad

I can't find Notepad Not even in microsoft accessorise after installing windows 10 pro.

:)

Bodrul AlamToion, Jul 17, 2020

2. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 17, 2020
  3. JCabebe Win User
    Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Notepad

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

Thema:

Notepad

1. Notepad - Similar Threads - Notepad

2. Losing control over Windows 11 Notepad before "Windows 11 not Remembering Notepad Window...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Losing control over Windows 11 Notepad before "Windows 11 not Remembering Notepad Window...: When working with multiple sheets in Windows 11 Notepad unpredictable text repositioning in windows and the lack of its own independent scroll position looked a little strange but repositioning text in the Notepad window when activating the window looks completely strange....
  3. Losing control over Windows 11 Notepad before "Windows 11 not Remembering Notepad Window...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Losing control over Windows 11 Notepad before "Windows 11 not Remembering Notepad Window...: When working with multiple sheets in Windows 11 Notepad unpredictable text repositioning in windows and the lack of its own independent scroll position looked a little strange but repositioning text in the Notepad window when activating the window looks completely strange....
  4. how to close all tabs form notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to close all tabs form notepad: I want to close all the tabs of notepad in one go. How to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-close-all-tabs-form-notepad/d22c432a-7c2d-4231-afc3-3e6352f596cd
  5. how to close all tabs form notepad

how to close all tabs form notepad: I want to close all the tabs of notepad in one go. How to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-close-all-tabs-form-notepad/d22c432a-7c2d-4231-afc3-3e6352f596cd
  6. Notepad to not create multiple tabs for same file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad to not create multiple tabs for same file.: I like the new Notepad, but I would like to see it open a file only in one tab, and not creating another tab if I open the file again.Example, I have a file "abcd.txt". Notepad creates a tab of abcd.txt every time I open the file. So, in the app I have 5 tabs of abcd.txt, one...
  7. Notepad to not create multiple tabs for same file.

Notepad to not create multiple tabs for same file.: I like the new Notepad, but I would like to see it open a file only in one tab, and not creating another tab if I open the file again.Example, I have a file "abcd.txt". Notepad creates a tab of abcd.txt every time I open the file. So, in the app I have 5 tabs of abcd.txt, one...
  8. How do I find a lost unsaved Notepad note? The notepad that comes with Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find a lost unsaved Notepad note? The notepad that comes with Windows.: I accidently deleted a lot of notes i need and I cant find them now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-a-lost-unsaved-notepad-note-the/c5a50bc3-33eb-4c00-b6c5-f0c398620978
  9. How do I find a lost unsaved Notepad note? The notepad that comes with Windows.

How do I find a lost unsaved Notepad note? The notepad that comes with Windows.: I accidently deleted a lot of notes i need and I cant find them now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-a-lost-unsaved-notepad-note-the/c5a50bc3-33eb-4c00-b6c5-f0c398620978
  10. Not able to save text files with Windows notepad app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to save text files with Windows notepad app.: Other applications do not have this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-save-text-files-with-windows-notepad/9f737b64-989c-484d-bcb7-fb34bf9602e9