Windows 10: Not receiving the SMS Verification Text

Discus and support Not receiving the SMS Verification Text in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently updated my laptop to Windows 11, and I am asked to verify my Microsoft account. The only verification method that i use is "Sending a text",... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by steemy, Nov 13, 2021.

1. steemy Win User

Not receiving the SMS Verification Text

I recently updated my laptop to Windows 11, and I am asked to verify my Microsoft account. The only verification method that i use is "Sending a text", and it asks for my phone number, which i enter correctly. Then, it says that a text has been sent, which never arrives. Other threads that i see, in which people encounter the same problem, the advice given is to restart the phone, and check the junk SMS folder etc., but I've restarted my phone plenty of times, and check the junk folder again and again, but the text just never seems to come. Also, i tried adding a new method of verification, by

:)

steemy, Nov 13, 2021
  2. ShaVerZ Win User

Authenticator App / Verification Text SMS

Trying to install the Microsoft Authenticator App but as I progress through the setup it asks for a verification code, a code I cannot get because I'm setting up the account on the very app which provides the codes it request!

So, I choose a different verification method and that is mobile. I enter the last four (4) digits of my mobile number as it requests but no text is received. I've tried a number of times now and still, no text.

The mobile number on my account is correct.

I don't want to change any of my details to get around the problem as it puts a temporary hold on my account for 30 days, this I'm trying to avoid. I e had this problem before, all the account information was correct but I, either didn't receive the text
    sms or emails. If I can recall, I did get the verification emails but there was a delay of almost a day but I'm not trying to verify by email so this shouldn't be related unless there's a long day in receiving these text sms.

Any ideas people?

Thanks in advance Not receiving the SMS Verification Text :)

ShaVerZ, Nov 13, 2021
  3. Not receiving a verification code by text/sms

Been trying to use the verification txt/sms in 'Your Info' section of 'Setting' the past couple of day's. Am not receiving the txt from Microsoft.

Been reading thou the different thread's here too.... still no closer to fixing said issue... help please....

AndrewDeadman, Nov 13, 2021
  4. daneyul Win User

Windows 10 - where are received SMS texts kept?

OK, Cortana on Windows 10 PC receives texts sent to my Android phone (yay!).

I get a brief notification on the right of the screen--I click it, and Cortana shows (on the left) that it was received (though often doesn't list the actual text contents).

Then--poof! -- the text is gone. The SMS notification is no longer listed in the notification center, and gone from Cortana. Where is it?

Surely there's a way to see your previously received texts somewhere... right?

Anyone know how to find your previously received SMS texts on Windows 10?

daneyul, Nov 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Not receiving the SMS Verification Text - Similar Threads - receiving SMS Verification

2. SMS verification not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SMS verification not working: I'm locked out of my Windows 11 account as its saying I'm entering an incorrect Pin which is not correct.I can't remember my password for that account and the SMS verification isn't coming through.How can I reset my pin, password etc?Note: The account I'm using to post this...
  3. Not receiving account verification texts.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not receiving account verification texts.: Hi, I’m unable to receive account security texts as the phone number seems to be missing a digit and the “use alternative method” option is not being displayed. How do I go about rectifying this?...
  4. Not receiving account verification texts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not receiving account verification texts.: Hi, I’m unable to receive account security texts as the phone number seems to be missing a digit and the “use alternative method” option is not being displayed. How do I go about rectifying this?...
  5. Not receiving account verification texts.

6. not receiving sms verification

not receiving sms verification: Hi,I can't get sms verification codes event though my phone number is correct. What can be the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-receiving-sms-verification/886ec95d-6193-40f6-80a6-7979d3264d03
  7. not receiving sms verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not receiving sms verification: Hi,I can't get sms verification codes event though my phone number is correct. What can be the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-receiving-sms-verification/886ec95d-6193-40f6-80a6-7979d3264d03
  8. Microsoft not sending verification code SMS text

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft not sending verification code SMS text: [IMG]If Microsoft is not sending a verification code or SMS text to you when you sign in or create an account, then this post will be able to help you. As it’s an issue of concern, it should be fixed immediately. Fortunately, this post features easy methods to fix it. Why am...
  9. Not receiving the SMS Verification Text

Not receiving the SMS Verification Text: I recently updated my laptop to Windows 11, and I am asked to verify my Microsoft account. The only verification method that i use is "Sending a text", and it asks for my phone number, which i enter correctly. Then, it says that a text has been sent, which never arrives....
  10. Not receiving a verification code by text/sms

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not receiving a verification code by text/sms: Been trying to use the verification txt/sms in 'Your Info' section of 'Setting' the past couple of day's. Am not receiving the txt from Microsoft. Been reading thou the different thread's here too.... still no closer to fixing said issue... help please.......