Windows 10: not getting verification code

Discus and support not getting verification code in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am not receiving my verification code. Email is correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Raj Shankar, Apr 22, 2024.

1. not getting verification code

I am not receiving my verification code. Email is correct

:)

Raj Shankar, Apr 22, 2024

2. Not getting verification code what can I do?

Hello Dhruva,

I see you've already followed some steps.

I was reading your answers and I have a suggestion for you.

I once tried to get a verification code on my phone and it said the code was sent but I never received it.

I updated the messaging app and it still didn't help.

I followed some other steps and it didn't help.

My only solution was to remove my SIM Card and put it in another old phone that I no longer used and asked to resend the code and then the verification code arrived perfectly.

This might be a solution for you.

Daniel.

Daniel Alex., Apr 23, 2024
  3. Unable to get Verification code

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

To begin with troubleshooting I would like you to answer the following question:

• Which email client are you using?
    • What exactly do you mean by"I have entered but unfortunately there is email code send to my inbox whatsoever."?
    • Are you not receiving any verification code to your primary account that you have access to?
    • Is your phone number registered to get the verification code?

Please get back to us with reponse in oreder to assist you accordingly.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Apr 23, 2024
  4. Tenforo Active Member

not getting verification code

Not getting the verification code via sms

Hello! Al Wasif Imtiaz

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

I understand how crucial it is for you to regain access to your Microsoft account, especially with an upcoming exam. Just to set your expectations that Microsoft accounts are managed by an automated server in which we do not have any manual access to this, and we have limited tools for checking your account and subscription details in Community.

I would like to inform you at the beginning that Microsoft account recovery is managed by a completely automated server, and we do not have manual access to it. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and the meticulous account recovery process is intended to protect you from any possible malicious activity. For now, please allow me to do the best I can to help you with the process.

Allow me to ask:

1. What error message are you getting?
    2. Can you still sign into your account in a different device, browsers, and networks in https://account.microsoft.com/ ?
    3. Have you tried resetting the password with/without the use of phone number?

Let’s troubleshoot this issue step by step:

1. Check Your Phone Number:
      • Ensure that the phone number associated with your Microsoft account is correct. Sometimes a simple typo can cause issues.
      • If you’re unsure, try re-entering the phone number during the account recovery process.
    2. Check Your Spam/Junk Folder:
      • Sometimes verification codes end up in spam or junk folders. Please check those folders in your email account.
      • If you find the code there, mark it as “Not Spam” to ensure future messages arrive in your inbox.
    3. Reset password:
      • 1. Go to the Microsoft account recovery page: https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx

2. Enter your email address and click on "Next".

3. Select the option "I don't have any of these" if you are asked to verify your identity using your phone number.

4. Follow the prompts to verify your identity using other methods such as your alternate email address or security questions.

5. Once you have verified your identity, you will be able to reset your password and regain access to your account.
    4. Account Recovery Reset:
      • You can use this link to recover the mentioned account: Help with the Microsoft Account Recovery Form - Microsoft Support

please provide a lot of information you can, as this will be validated by the automated server to match the information the account that you are trying to recover. Please do not leave any box unfilled, provide at least a minimum of truthful information.
    5. Update Backup Security Info:
      • If you still don’t receive the code, consider updating your backup security info.
      • Sign in to your Microsoft account and visit the Advanced security options page.
      • Select Add a new way to sign in or verify and choose how you’d like to receive security codes.

Here are some helpful links on how to keep your account safe and secure:

1. How to help keep your Microsoft account safe and secure - Microsoft Support
    2. Sign in using two-step verification or security info - Microsoft Support
    3. Microsoft account security info & verification codes - Microsoft Support
    4. How to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support
    Remember, it’s essential to stay patient during this process. I hope you regain access to your account swiftly. Good luck with your exam!

Thank you,

Vince

Microsoft Community Moderator

Tenforo, Apr 23, 2024
Thema:

not getting verification code

1. not getting verification code - Similar Threads - getting verification code

2. Unable to get verification code on gmail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to get verification code on gmail: I am trying to login my User on my laptop and its asking me to sign in to my Microsoft account then asking for the verification code it sent but I never receive it....
  3. not getting verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not getting verification code: I am not receiving my verification code. Email is correct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-getting-verification-code/a30c425b-bb57-4522-8b74-91f8f83096d2
  4. not getting verification code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not getting verification code: I am not receiving my verification code. Email is correct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-getting-verification-code/a30c425b-bb57-4522-8b74-91f8f83096d2
  5. problem with getting bitlock verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with getting bitlock verification code: I had to get the motherboard on my laptop replaced and this has made it so the laptop is requiring a bitlock code. When I tried to access this bitlock code through the microsoft account, it required verification but has not sent the verification code to my email. How can this...
  6. Cannot get verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get verification code: i need to unlock my microsoft account and i cannot retrive the code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-verification-code/86c25e03-6fc2-43a2-88ce-b23433cd7a9c
  7. Cannot get verification code

Cannot get verification code: i need to unlock my microsoft account and i cannot retrive the code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-verification-code/86c25e03-6fc2-43a2-88ce-b23433cd7a9c
  8. Cannot get verification code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Getting four digit verification code

Getting four digit verification code: Getting four digit verification code sent to email and text instead of 7. I am unable to get into my account when I go threw all the microsoft steps and fill out a form it sends me an email that says they can not help me because I have two Authenticator on. I need my email !...
  10. Cant get verification code in email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant get verification code in email: I accidently typed in a wrong email address in for Microsoft when i set up my new computer. So then I proceeded to enter the correct one and I got in. However, the first email i typed in is still asking me for the verification code, that was sent to it. I can't open that...