Windows 10: Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V

Discus and support Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; See image for errorVirtualisation is enabled in UEFI. WSL2 gives error 0x80370102.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Arnav Bhate, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V

See image for errorVirtualisation is enabled in UEFI. WSL2 gives error 0x80370102.

:)

Arnav Bhate, Dec 29, 2021
  2. DMACUK Win User

Hyper-V VM

With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine?

DMACUK, Dec 29, 2021
  3. Wysneus Win User
    Remote Desktop connection to Hyper-V Android VM

I have an Android 8 virtual machine running in Hyper-V on Windows 10. However I am unable to get sound working on the Android VM. I have tried absolutely everything I could find on google with no success. Some write ups say I must connect to the VM
    through RDP instead of Hyper-V manager. I have googled how to do that and again tried everything I could find, again with no success. Apparently I must install some kind of RD client on the Android VM. I have tried Microsoft Remote Desktop. It installs on
    the Android, but it does not run. Chrome Remote Desktop does run on the Android, but it does not connect to my host.

So please, can anyone tell me step by step what I have to do to either get sound working on my Android 8 VM connected through the Hyper-V manager, or to connect to the Android 8 VM through RDP.

Wysneus, Dec 29, 2021
  4. SarahKong Win User

Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V

Unassign Hyper V VM with deleted User account

Hyper V is not assigned based on user accounts.

Hyper V is a server feature that allows you to create VMs but they are not assigned to users.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are referring to?

And then share on a cloud drive and post link here for me to look at?

Also what are the steps you are doing to "assign" the VM to another User?

SarahKong, Dec 29, 2021
Thema:

Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V

1. Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V - Similar Threads - able run VMs

2. Windows License - Hyper V VMs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows License - Hyper V VMs: Hi there,Im a freelancer mostly work 1 project at a time. However sometimes clients need support or enhancements for something that was already delivered mostly Azure work. I bought a new latest high configuration laptop which came with Win 11 home. I purchase Win 11 Pro and...
  3. Windows License - Hyper V VMs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows License - Hyper V VMs: Hi there,Im a freelancer mostly work 1 project at a time. However sometimes clients need support or enhancements for something that was already delivered mostly Azure work. I bought a new latest high configuration laptop which came with Win 11 home. I purchase Win 11 Pro and...
  4. How to purchase license for Windows 10 to run that in Hyper-V VMs

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to purchase license for Windows 10 to run that in Hyper-V VMs: Hello,I need to configure a Virtual Machine with Windows 10 OS using Hyper-VI should be able to export this VM, import it in multiple other machines and use it without any license related issues.Could someone please guide me on how to purchase license for this requirement...
  5. Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done?: Hello,Working on expanding my skills and challenging myself and not looking for any easy outs. I have a QNAP TS932-PX with 2 x 16TB Seagate Ironwolf NAS drives configured in RAID 0 I don't want to waste any space needlessly and have other alternatives for backup. I need to...
  6. Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-v VMs on a NAS - can it be done?: Hello,Working on expanding my skills and challenging myself and not looking for any easy outs. I have a QNAP TS932-PX with 2 x 16TB Seagate Ironwolf NAS drives configured in RAID 0 I don't want to waste any space needlessly and have other alternatives for backup. I need to...
  7. Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V: See image for errorVirtualisation is enabled in UEFI. WSL2 gives error 0x80370102. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-run-vms-on-hyper-v/f66a80ff-0862-46c6-884d-3ca09d196882
  8. Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to run VMs on Hyper-V: See image for errorVirtualisation is enabled in UEFI. WSL2 gives error 0x80370102. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-run-vms-on-hyper-v/f66a80ff-0862-46c6-884d-3ca09d196882
  9. Hyper-V forgets my VMs

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V forgets my VMs: Ok on build 16288, but happened on earlier builds - when I reboot my laptop, Hyper-V keeps forgetting my VMs saying I have noinstalled. Only takes a couple of minutes to restore them but a PITA. I am going to try and unistall Hyper-V and reinstall to see if that fixes...
  10. Identifying VMs in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Identifying VMs in Hyper-V: Hi does anybody know how to tell what Hyper-V VM is connected to which /vhdx file ? It is all a bit of a mess now. I am guessing the only valid ones are the large datafiles? cheers [img] 84958