Windows 10: Not able to login in Laptop after selecting Diagnostic startup mode

Discus and support Not able to login in Laptop after selecting Diagnostic startup mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After choosing Diagnostic startup mode in my windows 11 when I restart my laptop I won't able to login in my PC and I cant do anything. Pin login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Harshal5789, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Not able to login in Laptop after selecting Diagnostic startup mode

After choosing Diagnostic startup mode in my windows 11 when I restart my laptop I won't able to login in my PC and I cant do anything. Pin login option not available and also I can't setup my pin again.I have tried in safe mode with command prompt and other advance options to change startup mode to normal but it won't work.From advance options through command prompt, I can't open system configuration through 'msconfig'. It shows msconfig is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

:)

Harshal5789, Feb 22, 2024

2. Got stuck in diagnostic startup and not able to login in my account and neither through safe mode.

I accidentally changed boot mode from normal startup to diagnostic startup and after restart I'm unable to login my account. I can't even use forgot password as it requires internet and surprisingly Ethernet cable is also not working in my laptop. I tried
    logging in through safe mode but no luck. I'm only able to use command prompt from advanced boot as that's the only place where password is being accepted.

Please tell me how to change this boot mode to normal. I'm using Windows 10(probably latest version). My laptop is ROG GL552jx.

Utkarsh_095, Feb 22, 2024
  3. Nomisuke Win User
    Unable to login with Diagnostic Startup enabled

So I thought it would be harmless to start in diagnostic mode in order to troubleshoot a video driver and ran into this exact problem: login screen with no login text boxes or account picture. I tried every method listed here but I was unable to resolve
    my issue. I even went so far as to attempt to enable the legacy boot option (good old F8), but could not seem to get that to work from the recovery console. Finally, I restarted the laptop and let it go to the blank login screen one last time and walked away.

An hour later I returned and there were the login picture and text boxes! It appears it was just a matter of patience while the computer ran whatever it needed in order to operate in diagnostic mode. Out of sheer morbid curiosity, I attempted to replicate
    the process by re-enabling normal startup, restarting, and then enabling diagnostic startup again. Sure enough, after waiting about 15 minutes at a login screen with no login area, the picture and text boxes to log in finally appeared.

I'm not sure what processes were going on in the background which caused this painfully long delay, but I guess it's just a matter of patience. At least, that was the situation in my case. Keep in mind my laptop has dual display processors and an 8GB internal
    SSD (which was used for fast boot in Windows 7, but does nothing in Windows 10), so those may have been what was causing the delay.

Nomisuke, Feb 22, 2024
  4. Not able to login in Laptop after selecting Diagnostic startup mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

Not able to login in Laptop after selecting Diagnostic startup mode

1. Not able to login in Laptop after selecting Diagnostic startup mode - Similar Threads - able login Laptop

2. Can't login to my laptop after selecting diagnostic startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to my laptop after selecting diagnostic startup: How does the problem occurr:I have selected the startup method of diagnostic startup from these options in System ConfigurationGeneral start upDiagnostic startupSelective startupThen, I have restarted my laptop and problems...
  3. Can't login to my laptop after selecting diagnostic startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to my laptop after selecting diagnostic startup: How does the problem occurr:I have selected the startup method of diagnostic startup from these options in System ConfigurationGeneral start upDiagnostic startupSelective startupThen, I have restarted my laptop and problems...
  4. Can't login to my laptop after selecting diagnostic startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not able to login in Laptop after selecting Diagnostic startup mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to login in Laptop after selecting Diagnostic startup mode: After choosing Diagnostic startup mode in my windows 11 when I restart my laptop I won't able to login in my PC and I cant do anything. Pin login option not available and also I can't setup my pin again.I have tried in safe mode with command prompt and other advance options...
  6. Unable to login with Diagnostic Startup enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login with Diagnostic Startup enabled: Accidentally started win 10 using startup diagnostics log inj, now the desktop is locked up, unable to access login screen, nor does it allow MS account password? At wits end, have wathced a ton of Youtube vidseos, nothing lets me access the computer?...
  7. Unable to login with Diagnostic Startup enabled

Unable to login with Diagnostic Startup enabled: Accidentally started win 10 using startup diagnostics log inj, now the desktop is locked up, unable to access login screen, nor does it allow MS account password? At wits end, have wathced a ton of Youtube vidseos, nothing lets me access the computer?...
  8. Stuck in login screen after enabling diagnostic startup

Stuck in login screen after enabling diagnostic startup: I was having issues with freezing games so I enabled diagnostic startup, that was a HUGE mistake.I’m now stuck at the login screen, it says “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to setup your PIN again.”-Clicking to setup PIN does nothing.-Every password I...
  9. Stuck in login screen after enabling diagnostic startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in login screen after enabling diagnostic startup: I was having issues with freezing games so I enabled diagnostic startup, that was a HUGE mistake.I’m now stuck at the login screen, it says “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to setup your PIN again.”-Clicking to setup PIN does nothing.-Every password I...
  10. Stuck in login screen after enabling diagnostic startup

in Windows 10 Gaming