Windows 10: non-functioning AI. Copilot Key

Discus and support non-functioning AI. Copilot Key in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I recently bought a laptop with the Copilot key, but when I press it, search in Windows opens. Could you please assist me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by User_046, Jul 1, 2024 at 3:22 PM.

1. User_046 Win User

non-functioning AI. Copilot Key

Hello, I recently bought a laptop with the Copilot key, but when I press it, search in Windows opens. Could you please assist me?

:)

2. How do I disable Copilot and all Other AI functionality in Windows 11 HOME edition

I want to fully disable (or preferably remove) Copilot and all other AI functionality in Windows 11 Home Edition. This question may belong under another topic; I just guessed at Settings.

See the bottom of this post for system information. Below are specific questions related to the details of disabling Copilot and AI functionality. I have not been able to find any of this information on any Microsoft resources; perhaps I missed something?.

• Disabling Copilot in Windows 11 Home Edition: Please note that I am running Windows 11 Home edition - not Pro, Enterprise, etc., where I could solve the problem with group policies or other administrative options. The Windows Update setting "Get the latest updates" is turned on, so I am running Copilot Preview.

• Copilot Taskbar Button: I have hidden Copilot on the taskbar, but that is obviously not the same as disabling Copilot or other AI functionality.

• Disabling Copilot via Registry: There are instructions on various websites for disabling Copilot by editing the registry; I would appreciate details about how to do that, as long as the necessary edits are reasonably safe and reliable.

• Disabling all AI functionality: How centralized is AI functionality in Windows 11? Does disabling Copilot disable AI functionality across all Windows 11 built-in features, as well as Microsoft desktop apps? Or has AI metastasized across the entire Windows ecosystem, requiring a constant game of whack-a-mole to disable everywhere?

Thanks in advance for any help.

- Laura

Windows System Information:

Edition Windows 11 Home

Version 22H2

OS build OS Build 22621.2361 Preview (KB5030310)

3. Turn off Copilot and AI/Chat functions and save to personal profile/settings

turn off Copilot and all AI/Chat settings and save it to my profile/settings. Tried to utilize the instruction going through the Terminal route (both regular user and Admin) without any success at all. Have also gone through the Settings/More menu on the horizontal 3 bars to the right of the user login widgets on Edge (top right corner of the tab). Only turns off some of the functionality and I have to do this every time I log in. I will never use Copilot, the Chat function, or the so-called AI function. How do I get rid of this stuff and still continue to use Microsoft.

FastChimera6999, Jul 1, 2024 at 3:38 PM
  4. non-functioning AI. Copilot Key

How to disable copilot in Windows 11 23H2?

There is a solution to keep Copilot out of your eyesight, it does not permanently remove or uninstall Copilot from your Windows 11 environment. Microsoft is persistent and Copilot is inevitable, not to mention the latest computers are equipped with a dedicated Copilot Key in the keyboard. Hence, it is up to us to get used to this feature, and also the field of AI is exponentially increasing, so it is better to get used to it. However, the simple solution is to disable copilot via Taskbar as you mentioned that Policy Editor didn't help. The following are the steps.

• Go to Windows Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Taskbar, you can find Copilot (preview)
    • Toggle the switch to Off.
    • In this way, Copilot can be kept out of sight.

I hope the same works for you.

Vigneshwaran V, Jul 1, 2024 at 3:38 PM
Thema:

non-functioning AI. Copilot Key

1. non-functioning AI. Copilot Key - Similar Threads - non functioning Copilot

2. non-functioning AI. Copilot Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    non-functioning AI. Copilot Key: Hello, I recently bought a laptop with the Copilot key, but when I press it, search in Windows opens. Could you please assist me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/non-functioning-ai-copilot-key/8e5dfc6d-64e9-4408-8a1e-729e844b74a2
  3. Windows Direction, CoPilot, AI and Recall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Direction, CoPilot, AI and Recall: Dear Support, no response to this question is required. I simply want to provide Microsoft with some customer feedback.Like many others you've been hearing from, I intensely dislike the direction MS is going with their new and "improved" features such as CoPilot, CoCreator...
  4. Windows Direction, CoPilot, AI and Recall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Direction, CoPilot, AI and Recall: Dear Support, no response to this question is required. I simply want to provide Microsoft with some customer feedback.Like many others you've been hearing from, I intensely dislike the direction MS is going with their new and "improved" features such as CoPilot, CoCreator...
  5. Microsoft Windows 10 AI Functionality

Microsoft Windows 10 AI Functionality: I am curious as to what ai functions are present on windows 10. i am also looking for a way to disable the ai on windows 10 as i do not think its too helpful and also i dont want it...
  6. Intel: Microsoft AI PCs need a Copilot Key

in Windows 10 News
    Intel: Microsoft AI PCs need a Copilot Key: Microsoft hopes that 2024 will be the year that so-called AI PCs will take off. Tidbits and rumors about this new breed of PCs are found everywhere, but Microsoft itself has been tight lipped when it comes to requirements. Intel has now published Microsoft's requirements for...
  7. Turn off Copilot and AI/Chat functions and save to personal profile/settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Copilot and AI/Chat functions and save to personal profile/settings: turn off Copilot and all AI/Chat settings and save it to my profile/settings. Tried to utilize the instruction going through the Terminal route both regular user and Admin without any success at all. Have also gone through the Settings/More menu on the horizontal 3 bars to...
  8. Turn off Copilot and AI/Chat functions and save to personal profile/settings

Turn off Copilot and AI/Chat functions and save to personal profile/settings: turn off Copilot and all AI/Chat settings and save it to my profile/settings. Tried to utilize the instruction going through the Terminal route both regular user and Admin without any success at all. Have also gone through the Settings/More menu on the horizontal 3 bars to...
  9. How do I disable Copilot and all Other AI functionality in Windows 11 PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Copilot and all Other AI functionality in Windows 11 PRO: I've tried the recommended steps for creating then setting the value for WindowsCopilot to 1, but the AI functions still return.Help please.Dave https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-copilot-and-all-other-ai/e74a841f-794c-48d2-9a8a-e3ccfac8ea86
  10. How do I disable Copilot and all Other AI functionality in Windows 11 PRO

How do I disable Copilot and all Other AI functionality in Windows 11 PRO: I've tried the recommended steps for creating then setting the value for WindowsCopilot to 1, but the AI functions still return.Help please.Dave https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-copilot-and-all-other-ai/e74a841f-794c-48d2-9a8a-e3ccfac8ea86