Windows 10: No way to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro on new Surface Pro 9 using a digital license purchased...

Discus and support No way to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro on new Surface Pro 9 using a digital license purchased... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,In November 2022 I purchased on the Microsoft Store an upgrade to Windows 11 Pro for a Samsung Galaxy 360 computer. Last month, the motherboard of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nicolas Dusaussoy, May 31, 2024.

1. No way to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro on new Surface Pro 9 using a digital license purchased...

Hi,In November 2022 I purchased on the Microsoft Store an upgrade to Windows 11 Pro for a Samsung Galaxy 360 computer. Last month, the motherboard of this computer broke. It's unfixable. I just replaced it by a Surface Pro 9 computer I just received two days ago. I am now trying to transfer the upgrade to Windows 11 Pro to the Surface since the other one unusable was returned to the store. I haven't been successful. The Activate state on the Surface Pro 9 says:Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account. I don't have access to the Activation troublesh

:)

Nicolas Dusaussoy, May 31, 2024
  2. javerett Win User

Transfer digital Windows Pro license to new computer

I had a major failure on a Dell laptop that had Windows Home on it when I purchased it. I upgraded it to Windows Pro through the Windows Store and received a digital license. I purchased a new Surface Pro that came with Windows Home and I would like to move the Pro license from the Dell machine to the new Surface Pro.

I can see the Dell computer listed in my account and it shows that it has a Windows Pro license. I can't see any way to move the Pro license to the new computer.

javerett, May 31, 2024
  3. JBryan41 Win User
    Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

Want to upgrade 11 Home to 11 Pro. Tried download, but apparently files transferred were for 11 Enterprise. This will not activate; error is "invalid digital license or product key". This is on a new Surface. How to proceed?

Can withdraw/delete this. The suggestion to downgrade - listed below - with a 'fake' windows 10 key works.

JBryan41, May 31, 2024
  4. No way to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro on new Surface Pro 9 using a digital license purchased...

Purchased Surface and Windows 11 Pro License yesterday

Hi,

So yesterday I went to best buy and purchased a Surface Pro and loaded it with Windows 11 pro. This morning, the laptop completely broke with no way to recover, so I exchanged it and got a new one. I need help either transferring that license or at least getting a refund on the license as the former surface is no longer in my possession. What are my options? I do not have the license key but I do have the Microsoft account with the order number and both laptops still registered to it.

Thanks in advance

Michael Heinlein, May 31, 2024
Thema:

No way to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro on new Surface Pro 9 using a digital license purchased...

1. No way to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro on new Surface Pro 9 using a digital license purchased... - Similar Threads - upgrade Pro Surface

2. Can the new Surface pro be upgraded to windows 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can the new Surface pro be upgraded to windows 11 pro: My aging Surface Book 2 is slowly dying i.e battery swell and poor battery life.I would like to replace it with a new surface pro. Can the windows Home version be upgraded to windows 11 pro...
  3. Can the new Surface pro be upgraded to windows 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can the new Surface pro be upgraded to windows 11 pro: My aging Surface Book 2 is slowly dying i.e battery swell and poor battery life.I would like to replace it with a new surface pro. Can the windows Home version be upgraded to windows 11 pro...
  4. No way to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro on new Surface Pro 9 using a digital license purchased...

No way to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro on new Surface Pro 9 using a digital license purchased...: Hi,In November 2022 I purchased on the Microsoft Store an upgrade to Windows 11 Pro for a Samsung Galaxy 360 computer. Last month, the motherboard of this computer broke. It's unfixable. I just replaced it by a Surface Pro 9 computer I just received two days ago. I am now...
  5. Surface Pro 9 with Windows 11 Pro - 2 questions:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 9 with Windows 11 Pro - 2 questions:: I've upgraded my Surface Pro 5 with Windows 10 Pro to a Surface Pro 9 with Windows 11 Pro, but there are a few things I've been unable to replicate on the later machine. Specifically:My Surface Pro is setup in a remote location, and I access it using RDP from my main...
  6. Surface Pro 9 with Windows 11 Pro - 2 questions:

Surface Pro 9 with Windows 11 Pro - 2 questions:: I've upgraded my Surface Pro 5 with Windows 10 Pro to a Surface Pro 9 with Windows 11 Pro, but there are a few things I've been unable to replicate on the later machine. Specifically:My Surface Pro is setup in a remote location, and I access it using RDP from my main...
  7. Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License: Hello,I have a Windows 10 pro license linked digitally with my Microsoft account. My system supports windows 11 and I want to upgrade. I don't see any option to upgrade through the windows update. Do I need to download an ISO from Microsoft? should I choose clean install or...
  8. Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License

Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License: Hello,I have a Windows 10 pro license linked digitally with my Microsoft account. My system supports windows 11 and I want to upgrade. I don't see any option to upgrade through the windows update. Do I need to download an ISO from Microsoft? should I choose clean install or...
  9. Purchased Surface and Windows 11 Pro License yesterday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased Surface and Windows 11 Pro License yesterday: Hi,So yesterday I went to best buy and purchased a Surface Pro and loaded it with Windows 11 pro. This morning, the laptop completely broke with no way to recover, so I exchanged it and got a new one. I need help either transferring that license or at least getting a refund...
  10. Purchased Surface and Windows 11 Pro License yesterday

Purchased Surface and Windows 11 Pro License yesterday: Hi,So yesterday I went to best buy and purchased a Surface Pro and loaded it with Windows 11 pro. This morning, the laptop completely broke with no way to recover, so I exchanged it and got a new one. I need help either transferring that license or at least getting a refund...