Windows 10: No sound through headset other than Teams

Discus and support No sound through headset other than Teams in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 2 Plantronics Voyager Legend bluetooth headsets, 1 at home and 1 in the office. Both headsets work fine with Teams but will not work with any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andy Marrs EEAST, Oct 10, 2024 at 7:17 AM.

1. No sound through headset other than Teams

I have 2 Plantronics Voyager Legend bluetooth headsets, 1 at home and 1 in the office. Both headsets work fine with Teams but will not work with any other audio on my laptop. For mp3, mp4, YouTube, etc. no sound comes through the headset. Speakers are fine.Any ideas ?

:)

Andy Marrs EEAST, Oct 10, 2024 at 7:17 AM
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound through headset other than Teams :p

3. Solaris17 Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I appreciate it I was more looking to see if anyone knows something that can fit my bill in that budget. Trust me I know all about the $300 range and even considered audio technica m50x with a condenser mic *Stick Out Tongue No sound through headset other than Teams :p

4. No sound through headset other than Teams

Headset not playing sounds after mute and unmute

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following question:

• Did you connect your headset to any other device and check if the issue re-occurs?
    I suggest you to set your headset as default and check.To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Type sound in the search bar.

• Right click on
      headset/microphone
      , click on default.
    If issue persists,

As you said with other headset it is working fine,so,the issue might occur with your headset only.

In that case, I recommend you to contact the headset support.

You can also refer this article

Fix sound or audio problems in Windows - Microsoft Support

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Oct 10, 2024 at 7:26 AM
Thema:

No sound through headset other than Teams

1. No sound through headset other than Teams - Similar Threads - sound through headset

2. No sound through headset other than Teams

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound through headset other than Teams: I have 2 Plantronics Voyager Legend bluetooth headsets, 1 at home and 1 in the office. Both headsets work fine with Teams but will not work with any other audio on my laptop. For mp3, mp4, YouTube, etc. no sound comes through the headset. Speakers are fine.Any ideas ?...
  3. Apps slow to start to open, sound not working through headset, and other issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps slow to start to open, sound not working through headset, and other issues: Hi there,I recently upgraded my PC hardware, installing a new motherboard, CPU, and CPU fan. The PC turns on and works fine apart from a few issues: 1. Some apps can be slow to open. Previously, Chrome could take a few seconds to open. Now it takes 10-12 seconds to start to...
  4. Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,: So I recently got my headset back, and only static plays through the left earmuff, and when I plug in the mic into the headset, it plays my voice and anything the mic hears. I've tried updating my drivers, updating my PC, and following tutorials but nothing works. Please...
  5. Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,: So I recently got my headset back, and only static plays through the left earmuff, and when I plug in the mic into the headset, it plays my voice and anything the mic hears. I've tried updating my drivers, updating my PC, and following tutorials but nothing works. Please...
  6. Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Headset playing sound through microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  8. Headset playing sound through microphone

Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  9. MS Teams broken sound on Bluetooth headset

MS Teams broken sound on Bluetooth headset: I'm using Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 and MS Teams Version 1.3.00.30866 64 bit on a ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop. Teams has been a **** in terms of audio. Everything works fine with my headset, webex, zoom, gotowebinar, skype, youtube, spotify. But MS Teams is a...
  10. Buzzing sound through brand new headset (and other headsets)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Buzzing sound through brand new headset (and other headsets): So I'm trying to get an external microphone (on a headset) working on my recently bought HP laptop (it's the Star Wars LE here), last night I was testing my headset but there is a really loud buzzing sound even when there's absolutely no interference in the room. I've...