Windows 10: No printer driver found for Brother HL-5040

Discus and support No printer driver found for Brother HL-5040 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I Just moved from an old PC to a new PC. I did NOT migrate. I am setting the new system fresh. The printer was working on the old PC which was running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SteveGuss, Dec 4, 2021.

1. SteveGuss Win User

No printer driver found for Brother HL-5040

I Just moved from an old PC to a new PC. I did NOT migrate. I am setting the new system fresh. The printer was working on the old PC which was running Windows 10 NOT Pro, using the same USB cable. Brother Printer HL-5040 now connected to a PC running Window 10 Pro, version 20H2, using a USB cable. I Go to "settings", "Devices", "Printers". HL-5040 is shown with the text "Driver is Unavailable" When I click on HL-5040 a click box shows up "Remove device", so I click on "Add printer or Scanner". That ends leaving messaage "The printer that I want isn't listed". I click on that, which brin

:)

SteveGuss, Dec 4, 2021
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Dec 4, 2021
  3. Ivanmow Win User
    Brother HL-5280DW printer driver missing from windows 10

what driver do I use as a substitute for Brother HL-5280DW printer, in windows list of brother printer drivers?

Ivanmow, Dec 4, 2021
  4. JesseCap Win User

Installing Generic drivers for Brother HL 5070-N printer

I have an old Brother printer - an HL 5070-N and I recently bought a new computer. In trying to install the printer, I see that my model is missing from the very long list of Brother products provided by the 'Windows Update' during the installation process.
    I searched the Brother site and they are adamant that Microsoft provides a generic printer driver which will operate this machine, and I looked on my old machine which was also Windows 10 to see what driver was used - it is a Microsoft product called "printqueue.inf"
    version 10.0.17763.1 but this product isn't listed with any of the other drivers that I can see during the installation process. There doesn't seem to be a way to search for a specific driver by name - does anybody know the best way to get this thing running?

***Modified title from: Brother printer, Generic printer driver, Windows 10?***

JesseCap, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

1. No printer driver found for Brother HL-5040 - Similar Threads - printer driver found

2. Printer problems with HL-5340D Brother printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer problems with HL-5340D Brother printer: Brother - Printers - Brother HL-5340D series driver was downloaded on my Windows 11 computer yesterday from WINDOWS UPDATE. I printed a test page. But I cannot get it to print anything else. Brother does not support Windows 11 for this printer. Why was I able to print a test...
  3. Printer problems with HL-5340D Brother printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer problems with HL-5340D Brother printer: Brother - Printers - Brother HL-5340D series driver was downloaded on my Windows 11 computer yesterday from WINDOWS UPDATE. I printed a test page. But I cannot get it to print anything else. Brother does not support Windows 11 for this printer. Why was I able to print a test...
  4. No printer driver found for Brother HL-5040

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No printer driver found for Brother HL-5040: I Just moved from an old PC to a new PC. I did NOT migrate. I am setting the new system fresh. The printer was working on the old PC which was running Windows 10 NOT Pro, using the same USB cable. Brother Printer HL-5040 now connected to a PC running Window 10 Pro, version...
  5. No printer driver found for Brother HL-5040

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No printer driver found for Brother HL-5040: I Just moved from an old PC to a new PC. I did NOT migrate. I am setting the new system fresh. The printer was working on the old PC which was running Windows 10 NOT Pro, using the same USB cable. Brother Printer HL-5040 now connected to a PC running Window 10 Pro, version...
  6. Brother printer HL-5420 is unavailable

Brother printer HL-5420 is unavailable: Can't connect my brother HL-5420 to my Windows 10 Dell XPS 64 bitHI there is another posting on this topic that is locked and I wanted to share another solution.My Brother HL-5420 printer was linked to my Dell XPS 15. The printer is showing in 'Settings\Bluetooth & other...
  7. HL-5040 Driver

HL-5040 Driver: jmentinkphd looking for HL-5040 Driver @*** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hl-5040-driver/9efede87-0d15-4c1d-b86a-bfcdc389134a
  8. Brother Printer Scanner HL-L2390DW

Brother Printer Scanner HL-L2390DW: My Surface communicates thru Wifi. The printer works but I get a message that no scanner found. How can I get my scanner to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-scanner-hl-l2390dw/b2570b5b-e9d4-418b-8c5d-979abfc39e58
  9. Printer Brother HL-2360D

Printer Brother HL-2360D: My brother L2360d series is printing the page all black with the message in white lettering. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-brother-hl-2360d/e7cbec37-2282-4cc4-aafb-6a5db39fbcd3
  10. brother HL-2170w printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    brother HL-2170w printer: after downgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 my printer will not work. I removed all drivers re-installed several times, no good. machine will not recognize printer with or without drivers. Is there a solution for this? I tried the printer on another machine on the...