Windows 10: No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot

Discus and support No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Previously there is one thing I want to make sure of, is enabling Secure Boot a good thing? Should I?- I managed to enable Secure Boot via MSI Bios by... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DeynZiel, Jul 17, 2022.

1. DeynZiel Win User

No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot

Previously there is one thing I want to make sure of, is enabling Secure Boot a good thing? Should I?- I managed to enable Secure Boot via MSI Bios by enabling the windows 8/10 feature but after that when I turn on my pc there is no more option to enter Bios there's no f12 or del key option it just shows the MSI logo then right away to my desktop usually when I turn on the pc there will be a red MSI gaming image/logo and it says f12/delete to enter bios mode- even though I have disabled "fast boot" from bios and windows settings, but still the same.***Because my pc boots too fast, to enter

:)

DeynZiel, Jul 17, 2022

2. Secure Boot Option Greyed out in Surface 3 BIOS

I am trying to Dual Boot/Install Parrot OS on my Surface and i need to disable secure boot.

This is the issue in step form:

1: I access the bios password screen and Press "ENTER" (Without entering a Password) and access the BIOS interface. (Note. NOT the UEFI)

2: I go to select Secure Boot, but i can only access Device Information as all other options are unavailable.

I do not know how to enable the BIOS Options and have searched endlessly to no avail.

Hope you can help.

Border.

Moved from: Surface / Surface 3 / Safety and security.

Borderless1, Jul 17, 2022
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Jul 17, 2022
  4. No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Jul 17, 2022
Thema:

No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot

1. No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot - Similar Threads - option bios activating

2. Where is the security boot option in the American Megatrends BIOS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the security boot option in the American Megatrends BIOS?: I have a American Megatends International LLC Ver: 2.21.1277 Device name DESKTOP-STES8GQ Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10870H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz RAM installed 32,0 GB 31,9 GB usable Device ID 403291CA-E58B-43C8-985C-72769E67CA2D Product ID 00325-82083-74412-AAOEM System Type...
  3. Where is the security boot option in the American Megatrends BIOS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the security boot option in the American Megatrends BIOS?: I have a American Megatends International LLC Ver: 2.21.1277 Device name DESKTOP-STES8GQ Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10870H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz RAM installed 32,0 GB 31,9 GB usable Device ID 403291CA-E58B-43C8-985C-72769E67CA2D Product ID 00325-82083-74412-AAOEM System Type...
  4. secure boot "not active" in bios and windwos 11 but enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    secure boot "not active" in bios and windwos 11 but enabled: Hi guys, so i disabled csm mode and enabled secure boot in bios, but it still says its inactive, it tells me i have to do a "platform reset". What does that mean and how do i do that. ps: somehow i was able to get windows 11 with csm which apparently was not possible, and I...
  5. secure boot "not active" in bios and windwos 11 but enabled

secure boot "not active" in bios and windwos 11 but enabled: Hi guys, so i disabled csm mode and enabled secure boot in bios, but it still says its inactive, it tells me i have to do a "platform reset". What does that mean and how do i do that. ps: somehow i was able to get windows 11 with csm which apparently was not possible, and I...
  6. No TPM and Secure Boot options in BIOS in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No TPM and Secure Boot options in BIOS in Windows 10: Hello, I tried turning on TPM and SB on my Windows 10 computer, but there are no such options. BIOS is under the UEFI, but Secure Boot is unsupported. TPM isn't in the BIOS....
  7. No TPM and Secure Boot options in BIOS in Windows 10

No TPM and Secure Boot options in BIOS in Windows 10: Hello, I tried turning on TPM and SB on my Windows 10 computer, but there are no such options. BIOS is under the UEFI, but Secure Boot is unsupported. TPM isn't in the BIOS....
  8. No TPM and Secure Boot options in BIOS in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot: Previously there is one thing I want to make sure of, is enabling Secure Boot a good thing? Should I?- I managed to enable Secure Boot via MSI Bios by enabling the windows 8/10 feature but after that when I turn on my pc there is no more option to enter Bios there's no f12 or...
  10. No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot

No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot: Previously there is one thing I want to make sure of, is enabling Secure Boot a good thing? Should I?- I managed to enable Secure Boot via MSI Bios by enabling the windows 8/10 feature but after that when I turn on my pc there is no more option to enter Bios there's no f12 or...