Windows 10: No more Windows Accessories and Widgets, after booting from a cloned disk

Discus and support No more Windows Accessories and Widgets, after booting from a cloned disk in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello!I had to move on a bigger disk drive so I have cloned my SAMSUNG SSD 970 EVO Plus 240GB to a SAMSUNG SSD 970 EVO PLUS 1TB. I have swapped the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sbornuz, Mar 16, 2022.

1. sbornuz Win User

No more Windows Accessories and Widgets, after booting from a cloned disk

Hello!I had to move on a bigger disk drive so I have cloned my SAMSUNG SSD 970 EVO Plus 240GB to a SAMSUNG SSD 970 EVO PLUS 1TB. I have swapped the discs, putting the new 1TB in the NVMe 2.0 slot and everything was ok.I have formatted the old boot drive, I've got some warning messages that stated that there are some running programs on the disk I want to format but I disregarded them.Since that I have no more Accessories Notepad, Calculator, desktop capture, ..., no more Widgets and no more Microsoft Store app.I have tried the windows repair reinstall but it didn't help.How can I get back th

:)

sbornuz, Mar 16, 2022
  2. DayKnight Win User

Cloned HDD wont boot

Background: Two partitions on HDD. Bought a new HDD and this is what happened...

Program I use is Easeus disk copy. It has 2 modes to clone data. Clone disk and clone partition. Whenever I tried the option that only copied the primary/windows partition, I got an error at boot. When I did the whole HDD copy, everything worked like a charm.

No, I had no important windows files in that second partition. It only had my important files.

DayKnight, Mar 16, 2022
  3. Cloned Upgrade SSD does not boot in Windows 10

I recently cloned a GPT hard disk with Macrium Reflect like so:

1. Create an image of the whole disk (i.e. include all partitions).
    2. Use the rescue disk to restore the image to the new disk.

Windows would not boot.
    3. Use a bootable Windows Repair flash disk to boot the machine into Windows Repair Mode.

The command RecoveryDrive.exe will create such a disk on a live Windows PC.
    4. Get Repair Mode to repair the boot-up process.

The Repair Mode reported that it was unable to repair the installation.
    5. Reboot normally. All was well!

Frederik Long, Mar 16, 2022
  4. No more Windows Accessories and Widgets, after booting from a cloned disk

Cloned WIN10/64 Boot drive will not Boot! Boot volume stays OFFLINE

Rather than using the Macrium Reflect cloning process, I have had better success with this method:

1. Create an image of the old disk. Park it on an external disk.
    2. Create a Macrium Reflect USB rescue disk.
    3. Disconnect the old disk, connect the new disk.
    4. Boot the machine with the USB rescue disk.
    5. Restore the image onto the new disk.
    6. Boot the machine with only the new disk connected.

Frederik Long, Mar 16, 2022
Thema:

No more Windows Accessories and Widgets, after booting from a cloned disk

1. No more Windows Accessories and Widgets, after booting from a cloned disk - Similar Threads - more Accessories Widgets

2. unbootable disk after cloning windows 11, dual boot ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unbootable disk after cloning windows 11, dual boot ubuntu: Edit : I realised that the error "inaccessible boot device" was acctually the one for when I was booting on the old drive through the linux grub which I need to update. When I boot the correct disk, it actually just tells me it couldn't boot, i'll post the log in the comments...
  3. unbootable disk after cloning windows 11, dual boot ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unbootable disk after cloning windows 11, dual boot ubuntu: Edit : I realised that the error "inaccessible boot device" was acctually the one for when I was booting on the old drive through the linux grub which I need to update. When I boot the correct disk, it actually just tells me it couldn't boot, i'll post the log in the comments...
  4. No more Windows Accessories and Widgets, after booting from a cloned disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No more Windows Accessories and Widgets, after booting from a cloned disk: Hello!I had to move on a bigger disk drive so I have cloned my SAMSUNG SSD 970 EVO Plus 240GB to a SAMSUNG SSD 970 EVO PLUS 1TB. I have swapped the discs, putting the new 1TB in the NVMe 2.0 slot and everything was ok.I have formatted the old boot drive, I've got some warning...
  5. Inaccesible boot device after cloning disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inaccesible boot device after cloning disk: So i want upgrade my SSD but, i don't want to reinstall windows then i choose to cloned it. Clone done i install my cloned ssd to my laptop then i start the laptop but it shows "Inaccesible boot device" error. Do you all know how to solve this error? please im desperate after...
  6. Can't boot from cloned Hard Disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot from cloned Hard Disk: 1. My original hard disk got bad sectors and won't boot. Tried to run recovery options but did not work 2. Cloned it to new disk of same size using Macrium Reflect Free 3. Now can't boot from the cloned disk. 4. Used Windows Bootable USB Media created using Windows Media...
  7. Acronis Cloned Disk fails to boot.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Acronis Cloned Disk fails to boot.: I have a backup plan that, aside from making regular Acronis images of the C drive, I also clone the C (Samsung 970 M.2 SSD) to D (Samsung 850 SSD). The saved images work perfectly with respect to recovering the C drive. However, I decided to test booting from the cloned D...
  8. Changing primary boot partition to a local disk after cloning.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing primary boot partition to a local disk after cloning.: Hi I have recently cloned a disk from a workstation onto a blank one for another, new workstation. The source disk is running Windows 10, and there is various software and applications that should be on the new disk along with the operating system. However, when I insert...
  9. Cloned an SSD but it won't boot no more!!

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloned an SSD but it won't boot no more!!: Hello, I have a Sony Vaio laptop and it had an 128gb SSD. I decided that was time to have a big SSD. I made a clone from the ssd (can't remember what was software). At the first boots, there was no problem but after a few days it stopped to boot!! I can't not even use the...
  10. Cloned Disk will not boot !!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cloned Disk will not boot !!: Hi everyone I have been given two brand new SATA 2TB disks. One I have used in a hard disk dock - and have used this for additional data back up etc. Works OK The other I decided to use to replace my noisy C Drive. I cloned the disk to the new one, only to find that the...