Windows 10: No matter how much I change my adaptors, flushdns, or change my regedit, win10 keeps...

Discus and support No matter how much I change my adaptors, flushdns, or change my regedit, win10 keeps... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I feel like Sisyphus here battling Win10 about my DNS. I have told it repeatedly to switch to automatic in every configuration I can, including... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NotThisDNSAgain, Jul 23, 2024.

1. No matter how much I change my adaptors, flushdns, or change my regedit, win10 keeps...

I feel like Sisyphus here battling Win10 about my DNS. I have told it repeatedly to switch to automatic in every configuration I can, including deleting the DNS it keeps trying to put me on out of regedit. I've flushed/reset DNS I can't even count how many times, and it keeps trying to put me on the following DNS:109.236.87.223.237.56.98And it always gives me network problems when it does. I'm at my wit's end, how do I get Win10 to stop doing this once and for all??

:)

NotThisDNSAgain, Jul 23, 2024
  2. TenMacke Win User

How to keep regedit changes from being overwritten on startup?

First of all, thanks for taking the time--I didn't mention it specifically, but I had already tried Netplwiz and the issue is the same as with Netuser--Microsoft accounts are 'hidden' accounts I cannot get to with those cmds (will try to post pics after I finish typing, but don't know about pic size limits, if any), and yes, the accounts are listed in the C/user folders.

From Netplwiz, the 'require all users to logon, et al' checkbox is checked.

I tried to change a setting in Registry once again along the lines you suggested and the same thing happened all over again. On startup the registry changes were once again wiped on startup, so I guess I'm back where I started.

Not sure if it might have any bearing on situation, but all of the initial local accounts, ie; admin and guest were disabled when pc was first set up and since then I have enabled the admin account, but I'm wondering if it would make any difference if I added local users if perhaps it is defaulting somehow to the Microsoft account because there's nothing else local aside from admin account.

HELP x2!

No matter how much I change my adaptors, flushdns, or change my regedit, win10 keeps... 115999d1485975511t-how-keep-regedit-changes-being-overwritten-startup-20170104_214817.jpg

No matter how much I change my adaptors, flushdns, or change my regedit, win10 keeps... 115997d1485975511t-how-keep-regedit-changes-being-overwritten-startup-20170104_215310_scratched.jpg

No matter how much I change my adaptors, flushdns, or change my regedit, win10 keeps... 116001d1485975511t-how-keep-regedit-changes-being-overwritten-startup-20170104_210824.jpg

No matter how much I change my adaptors, flushdns, or change my regedit, win10 keeps... 116000d1485975511t-how-keep-regedit-changes-being-overwritten-startup-20170104_211046.jpg

No matter how much I change my adaptors, flushdns, or change my regedit, win10 keeps... 115998d1485975511t-how-keep-regedit-changes-being-overwritten-startup-20170104_215143.jpg

TenMacke, Jul 23, 2024
  3. Skipperoo Win User
    How to change the default WordPad font using regedit

WordPad comes with Calibri font size 11 by default. There are many work-arounds available online to change the font, but I would like to see a tutorial with a step-by-step fool-proof regedit procedure with screenshots as Brink does so masterfully.

Skipperoo, Jul 23, 2024
  4. No matter how much I change my adaptors, flushdns, or change my regedit, win10 keeps...

Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 23, 2024
Thema:

No matter how much I change my adaptors, flushdns, or change my regedit, win10 keeps...

1. No matter how much I change my adaptors, flushdns, or change my regedit, win10 keeps... - Similar Threads - matter much change

2. No matter how much I change my adaptors, flushdns, or change my regedit, win10 keeps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No matter how much I change my adaptors, flushdns, or change my regedit, win10 keeps...: I feel like Sisyphus here battling Win10 about my DNS. I have told it repeatedly to switch to automatic in every configuration I can, including deleting the DNS it keeps trying to put me on out of regedit. I've flushed/reset DNS I can't even count how many times, and it keeps...
  3. No matter how much I change my adaptors, flushdns, or change my regedit, win10 keeps...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No matter how much I change my adaptors, flushdns, or change my regedit, win10 keeps...: I feel like Sisyphus here battling Win10 about my DNS. I have told it repeatedly to switch to automatic in every configuration I can, including deleting the DNS it keeps trying to put me on out of regedit. I've flushed/reset DNS I can't even count how many times, and it keeps...
  4. How much would change if I changed the Microsoft account on my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How much would change if I changed the Microsoft account on my PC?: For some reason, my dad's PC has my microsoft account as it's user, and I would want to change that to his own, but I don't know exactly what happens if I do that. If I remove my account and replace it with his, would it erase all the apps downloaded and/or reset the settings...
  5. How do I change my Win10 password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I change my Win10 password?: I thought this would be easy, my son has been misbehaving and I want to change the password so that I can control how often he logs onto the computer. However, this has proven to be a difficult challenge. I am the administrator on my Win10 machine. I went into Control...
  6. how do I change my skype picture in win10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I change my skype picture in win10: how do I change my skype picture in win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-change-my-skype-picture-in-win10/5f7936c8-2d56-49ea-93a6-c3bdf5ff2b17"
  7. How can i change my HWID in regedit setting ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can i change my HWID in regedit setting ?: hello everyone , i don't know i'm asking on the right place or not but anyway hope u guys can help me with this . because of some reason i wanna to change my hard serial number (HWid) , we have several Hwid changers that they didn't work on my pc! pbdownforce is a good...
  8. Win10 keeps changing name of my sound device!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 keeps changing name of my sound device!!: PC momentarilly allows me to change a device name in the Sound Properties dialogue....but then insists on changing it back to someting meaningless. Trying to have 'SONY 65XE9305'.......but reverts back to 'SONY TV *00'.....which I have not entered at any point!!! Ideas...
  9. regedit changes

in Windows 10 Support
    regedit changes: Made a change in HKLM, so that my numloc keys worked on start-up, previous version. Upgraded via update to 10166, Be advised for this change to become effective had to restart comp again. I know its SOP for reg changes but, on an upgrade. SO if you've made any changes...
  10. How to keep regedit changes from being overwritten on startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to keep regedit changes from being overwritten on startup?: In a nutshell, the situation is that I have a Dell business PC with UEFI enabled and set up to only display logon for the last logged in user, who had been the only user on the machine before she was let go; as a side note, this user does not appear when running 'net user'...