Windows 10: No DNS or default gateway connectivity

Discus and support No DNS or default gateway connectivity in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For Christmas of 2021 I received a new desktop that came with Windows 10. During install it immediately upgraded to Windows 11. For a few months it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dana Johnston, May 13, 2024.

1. No DNS or default gateway connectivity

For Christmas of 2021 I received a new desktop that came with Windows 10. During install it immediately upgraded to Windows 11. For a few months it worked flawlessly. That was until the first of many Windows Updates. After the first Update I no longer had the ability to connect to the internet, whether it be through LAN or WIFI. I would get one of two messages: "Can't reach DNS server" or "Can't reach the default gateway". I would restart modem, restart router, restart computer, do all sorts of things with Network Diagnostics and Command Prompt. I would get internet back for a few minutes, onl

:)

Dana Johnston, May 13, 2024

2. Can not connect to default gateway, error “Connection was reset”

I haven’t been able to connect to my default gateway for the pass couple days, whenever I go in it just says connection was reset and doesn’t work
    I’ve tried doing ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew
    nor did changing the dns to 8.8.8.8 help
    so if any solutions could be suggested I would really appreciate it

SuperTommy64, May 13, 2024
  3. fisa1980 Win User
    Nokia E51: No gateway Reply

Finally the mystery of no gateway reply is solved see below:

Go to windows run and type ipconfig/all, u need the following settings from here:

Subnet Mask

Default Gateway

DNS Servers

Phone settings: Menu/tools/settings/connection/access points

Select ur WLAN access point and go to Advanced settings:

IPv4 settings:

For phone IP address: Use Default Gateway value and change the last digit from 1 to 5

For Subnet mask and Default gateway enter same as what is shown by PC

Most important step now is for DNS address: Change to user defined and now enter the settings as in the PC what is mentioned under "DNS servers" heading

Now your wifi should connect right everytime!

fisa1980, May 13, 2024
  4. No DNS or default gateway connectivity

Default Gateway Problem

I was getting continuous "Default Gateway Problem" & DNS server problem how can i FIX it??

vamsy krishnamulugu, May 13, 2024
Thema:

No DNS or default gateway connectivity

1. No DNS or default gateway connectivity - Similar Threads - DNS default gateway

2. No DNS or default gateway connectivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No DNS or default gateway connectivity: For Christmas of 2021 I received a new desktop that came with Windows 10. During install it immediately upgraded to Windows 11. For a few months it worked flawlessly. That was until the first of many Windows Updates. After the first Update I no longer had the ability to...
  3. default gateway

in Windows 10 Gaming
    default gateway: Just recently my computer has stopped connecting the the internet. It is sporadic. I troubleshoot and I get this message:The default gateway is not available. I play around with it for a while and then it reconnects. All our other devices are connected just fine. I restarted...
  4. default gateway

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default gateway: Just recently my computer has stopped connecting the the internet. It is sporadic. I troubleshoot and I get this message:The default gateway is not available. I play around with it for a while and then it reconnects. All our other devices are connected just fine. I restarted...
  5. default gateway

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Loosing connection, Default Gateway not available

Loosing connection, Default Gateway not available: Hey Forum! Every time I start my computer I have no Internet connection. When I troubleshoot it says "Default Gateway is not available" In order for it to work I have to unplug and replug my Ethernet cable. Then it works for a wile before it decides not to work. Things...
  7. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and tried...
  8. Default Gateway

Default Gateway: Hi everyone, I'm cracking up trying to find a definitive solution for this damn problem. My windows 10 desktop PC, says the Default Gateway is not available. I've checked my Ethernet cable, tried all the solutions I've found online. It's such a pain because you don't know...
  9. Default gateway not available

Default gateway not available: Help! I've searched for hours for help on this issue and can't seem to solve my limited internet issue. First it was showing up: IP not configured correctly I input the following (which I found off another random site so don't even know if it's right) IP:...
  10. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and...