Windows 10: No desktop -- One Drive took it. I want it back.

Discus and support No desktop -- One Drive took it. I want it back. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had recently downloaded all folders to my hard drive from one drive, uninstalled one drive, and everything worked great. Then I emptied the last 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mechanical Genius, Apr 26, 2024.

1. No desktop -- One Drive took it. I want it back.

I had recently downloaded all folders to my hard drive from one drive, uninstalled one drive, and everything worked great. Then I emptied the last 3 folders from one drive under this PC, and deleted the one-drive folder, When I deleted the OD folder, my desktop disappeared which it did once before due to uninstalling one drive, taskbar is still there. Turns out everything on my PC is going through c:/ EXCEPT the desktop which was still going through One drive somehow. WOW. I can rebuild desktop from scratch, buyt is there an easy way to restore it to c:\? Ideas anyone? WIN10 64pro De

:)

Mechanical Genius, Apr 26, 2024
  2. little cat, Apr 26, 2024
  3. Anak Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

No desktop -- One Drive took it.  I want it back. 264204d1579788485t-optical-drive-issue-send-.png

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

4. Jerry8A Win User

No desktop -- One Drive took it. I want it back.

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

No desktop -- One Drive took it.  I want it back. 264148d1579727363t-optical-drive-issue-screenshot-12-.png

No desktop -- One Drive took it.  I want it back. 264149d1579727409t-optical-drive-issue-screenshot-10-.png

No desktop -- One Drive took it.  I want it back. 264150d1579727247t-optical-drive-issue-screenshot-11-.png

Jerry8A, Apr 26, 2024
Thema:

No desktop -- One Drive took it. I want it back.

1. No desktop -- One Drive took it. I want it back. - Similar Threads - desktop Drive took

2. No desktop -- One Drive took it. I want it back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No desktop -- One Drive took it. I want it back.: I had recently downloaded all folders to my hard drive from one drive, uninstalled one drive, and everything worked great. Then I emptied the last 3 folders from one drive under this PC, and deleted the one-drive folder, When I deleted the OD folder, my desktop disappeared...
  3. No desktop -- One Drive took it. I want it back.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No desktop -- One Drive took it. I want it back.: I had recently downloaded all folders to my hard drive from one drive, uninstalled one drive, and everything worked great. Then I emptied the last 3 folders from one drive under this PC, and deleted the one-drive folder, When I deleted the OD folder, my desktop disappeared...
  4. ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...: ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE FROM MY LIFE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-is-full-it-deleted-my-desktop-icons-i/434a60bc-551a-4fb0-8202-20e7c4900d85
  5. ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...

ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...: ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE FROM MY LIFE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-is-full-it-deleted-my-desktop-icons-i/434a60bc-551a-4fb0-8202-20e7c4900d85
  6. I want to move files from desktop to One Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to move files from desktop to One Drive.: Can't figure out how to just move the file so it doesn't stay on desktop. Trying my best to learn to use the newest Office. I got lost back about 3 years ago and switched to Google. Trying to move back and it is overwhelming and reduces my productivity to nothing....
  7. I want to move files from desktop to One Drive.

I want to move files from desktop to One Drive.: Can't figure out how to just move the file so it doesn't stay on desktop. Trying my best to learn to use the newest Office. I got lost back about 3 years ago and switched to Google. Trying to move back and it is overwhelming and reduces my productivity to nothing....
  8. One Drive Took all my Documents to One Drive Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Took all my Documents to One Drive Help!: Last update on Windows 11 I noticed that I no longer have library folders. They all are under OneDrive. Even on the work computer that I only want the one shared folder on. when I try to manually move them back it won't let me move so many of them. This happened on both my...
  9. One Drive Took all my Documents to One Drive Help!

One Drive Took all my Documents to One Drive Help!: Last update on Windows 11 I noticed that I no longer have library folders. They all are under OneDrive. Even on the work computer that I only want the one shared folder on. when I try to manually move them back it won't let me move so many of them. This happened on both my...
  10. i want to remove the desktop from one drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    i want to remove the desktop from one drive: i do not want my desktop to be in one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-remove-the-desktop-from-one-drive/079ad03b-8b64-4b26-aa33-c1e721bdc126