Windows 10: No "Choose another app on your PC" option for the default browser on Windows 11

Discus and support No "Choose another app on your PC" option for the default browser on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently reinstalled Windows after having some files corrupt, and have come to find I can't change my browser from Edge to any browser that isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Erik_E, Sep 21, 2024 at 12:57 PM.

1. Erik_E Win User

No "Choose another app on your PC" option for the default browser on Windows 11

I recently reinstalled Windows after having some files corrupt, and have come to find I can't change my browser from Edge to any browser that isn't downloaded from the Microsoft Store trying to set it to Opera GX. The option to choose another app simply isn't there for any URLs in the settings. The option is there for file extensions, it is only missing for links. I've looked everywhere to fix this and can't find anything. running Windows 11 Home version 23H2

:)

2. Problems with Win10 and option to make Firefox default browser.....

Howdy RA,

First of all, thank you for your quick response!

I had stated in my original post that the options of trying to set Firefox browser as the default program for internet browsing has failed in all ways I have tried.

Just to make mention, my PC does not respond to the command of Windows key+X. No clue as to why not.

However, I opened the Control Panel and proceeded from there in your instructions.

These instructions seem to be another way to click settings, default apps, web browser, etc. I end up with the same windows options box.

Here are more details as to what has been done by me, thus far to resolve this issue:

1) I mentioned previously that I had tried to set Firefox by way of settings: through the browser itself, which takes me to settings, default apps and choose the web browser

This way failed because Firefox is not in the options list to choose from. (You will see this in the screenshot in my original post.)

2) I have tried to set Firefox by way of settings, choose default apps by
    file type and choosing html/htm and Firefox is not in the options to choose list.

Only the same 4 browser options are listed as the options, as seen in the screenshot in my original posting.

3) The third way I tried was by way of settings, choose default apps
    by protocol and once again, Firefox is not in the options to choose list.

4) I have also tried by settings, system, default apps, and scrolling down and clicking on
    reset in which all apps have to be manually reset, like from scratch in Win10 and Firefox still cannot be found in the list of browser apps to choose from.

(Extra work on my end for nothing, but still had to try it, just in case it might work.)

I have enclosed a screenshot of what I get when trying through the Control Panel way (your instructions) to set Firefox as my default web browser:

No "Choose another app on your PC" option for the default browser on Windows 11 1424c815-8e91-4e28-b5e3-85e3f0519dac.jpg

So, I have updated this forum as to the steps taken and yet still no success as to this issue.

Thanks again and still waiting for steps to fix it!

3. Riel Alc Win User
    Problems with Win10 and option to make Firefox default browser.....

We can perform
    Recovery options in Windows 10
    to take your PC back to an earlier point in time.

Note: Follow the steps under Restore from a system restore point.

Let us know the result.

4. Arun B J Win User

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Thema:

1. No "Choose another app on your PC" option for the default browser on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Choose another app

2. No "Choose another app on your PC" option for the default browser on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No "Choose another app on your PC" option for the default browser on Windows 11: I recently reinstalled Windows after having some files corrupt, and have come to find I can't change my browser from Edge to any browser that isn't downloaded from the Microsoft Store trying to set it to Opera GX. The option to choose another app simply isn't there for any...
  3. "Choose default Options" is missing under "Default Apps" settings page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Choose default Options" is missing under "Default Apps" settings page: screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/hnwSDrm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-default-options-is-missing-under-default/12d75774-8ce7-41ca-990a-0272d9d87500
  4. "Choose default Options" is missing under "Default Apps" settings page

"Choose default Options" is missing under "Default Apps" settings page: screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/hnwSDrm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-default-options-is-missing-under-default/12d75774-8ce7-41ca-990a-0272d9d87500
  5. Windows 11 upgrade: choose an option Troubleshoot or Turn off your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade: choose an option Troubleshoot or Turn off your PC: I'm using the Windows 11 Installation Assistant to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11.My system passes the health tests from the companion app and has the following specs:AMD Ryzen 7 3700X with TPM enabled32 GB RAMMainboard ASROCK X570Windows 10 Education 2H1178 GB Free...
  6. How to Remove this Option in Windows Open with Choose Another App?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Remove this Option in Windows Open with Choose Another App?: I think it's may be due to malware. When I choose to open with another app for a .mp4 file, it raises this. I'd like to know how to remove the first option which is clearly invalid in other options completely. It's very annoying....
  7. Choosing a default web browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Choosing a default web browser: Since people using Windows 10 were given the right to choose the default browser we wanted, Microsoft should provide a way to install IE11 Microsoft should provide an alternative download? So, where is the Alternative?? Ruth 801...
  8. Cannot choose default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot choose default browser: I know how to set the default browser in Windows 10. Settings>Apps>Default apps. A recent update to Windows 10 has locked in MS Edge as my default browser. I cannot choose any other browser including IE11. I want Firefox to be my default browser. Also NONE of the following...
  9. Choosing Default Apps

Choosing Default Apps: I have about 20 or so apps on my computer but only 3 or 4 of them are presented as choices when I try to set one as default. The default I want is installed but it doesn't show up in the SET DEFAULT APPS process. VERY FRUSTRATING....
  10. Can't Choose Any Browser To be My Default Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Choose Any Browser To be My Default Browser: Hello Guys After a while of using the new Windows 10 I faced a problem . when any program in the Desktop wonna redirect me to some internet page the system say " How you wonna open this webset ? " . and in normal case it will give the Choose to use any Browser App I have...