Windows 10: No audio output when using a headset splitter, but mic works

Discus and support No audio output when using a headset splitter, but mic works in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've tried the headset by itself and it works but mic doesn't. So i go to use the splitter then the mic works and there's no audio. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by YJWG, Jul 2, 2024 at 8:12 AM.

1. YJWG Win User

No audio output when using a headset splitter, but mic works

I've tried the headset by itself and it works but mic doesn't. So i go to use the splitter then the mic works and there's no audio. I have tried running a diagnostic but nothing, It's not that the volume was down. Please help.

:)

2. Zoladex Win User

Laptop not splitting headset mic & audio?

Hi
    Simple version. When i plug in my headset to my laptop windows10 is not splitting it into one output and one input.

I fixed this years back by setting the popup box 'whats plugged in' from headphone to headset. Then it split the audio and mic. However i had to reinstall windows and now when i select headset it just mutes my laptop mic and audio manager just shows the one mic, but two audio outputs.

It was working before the reset and i have tested the headset on another computer and it is working find.
    So far i tried device manage audio driver install, for both Realtek driver and High Definition driver but either resolve the issue.

Any suggestions why windows would pick up one and not the other?

I currently have it set to headphone plugged in so that i can use my laptop mic, but ive been told i sound really bad *Sad

Cheers,
    Zola

3. Microphone not working with headset to mic splitter

Hi guys,

I just spent about $10 getting a replacement cable for my headphones that has a mic built in. It's a 3.5mm headset cable (has both mic and headphone audio) that I've connected to a Y-splitter that goes to a mic cable and a headphone cable.

These definitely work as I tried them on my laptop with immediate success.

However, on my desktop, no dice. I can hear audio, but the microphone does not work. I've tried both the front and back audio ports, even opened up the case and checked all my connections to the motherboard and they're all OK.

Are there some obscure Windows settings I can fiddle around with? I have this Realtek Audio Console which is next to useless. Says mic is connected and that's all.

I have Windows 10 for Education 1909.

Thanks!

Windows_has_flaws, Jul 2, 2024 at 8:17 AM
  4. ReeceU Win User

Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working

My Acer Predator (Helios 300) laptop has a singular audio port, which I use with my headset that has a separate microphone and headphone cable. I have used an audio splitter to get around this issue for a while now, and it has worked perfectly fine. Normally
    when I would plug the splitter in, a prompt would appear asking what type of device was just plugged in, options were headphones, speakers, microphone, headset, and one or two other options that I don't remember because I never used them. I would select "headset"
    and it would work just fine. Recently, something changed. This prompt no longer appears, and my computer no longer acknowledges the microphone on my headset, instead using the default internal microphone. The headphones still play audio like normal, but I
    have found no way to get the microphone working.

If I just plug the microphone chord into the audio jack, it still does not work, and the computer refuses to play audio.

So far I have tried:

• Uninstalling and re-installing the audio drivers (multiple times)
    • Updating windows
    • Running the audio troubleshooters (Both for playing audio and recording)
    • Checking for updates to Dolby
    • Scanning for hardware changes in device manager
    • Disabling the default microphone
    None of these have done anything.

I'm really at a loss here. I consider myself pretty computer savvy but nothing I've tried has gotten me anywhere.

Thema:

1. No audio output when using a headset splitter, but mic works - Similar Threads - audio output using

2. No audio output when using a headset splitter, but mic works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio output when using a headset splitter, but mic works: I've tried the headset by itself and it works but mic doesn't. So i go to use the splitter then the mic works and there's no audio. I have tried running a diagnostic but nothing, It's not that the volume was down. Please help....
  3. Mic and audio not working with the 3.5mm splitter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic and audio not working with the 3.5mm splitter: So as the title says. I plugged my mic (green 3.5mm plug) into the mic port and the red audio one into all of the audio ports. I am getting no sound. Everything driver related is fine as I've never had these issues before. They will not work together. If I plug the cord in...
  4. Headset is used in parallel as audio and mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset is used in parallel as audio and mic: I updated my drivers lately and started to get problems with my earphones.So I have been using Airpods Pro 2 for some time and it worked perfectly. Best possible audio, and usage of microphone in calls without any workarounds. After updating it appeared, that It slowly...
  5. Headset is used in parallel as audio and mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset is used in parallel as audio and mic: I updated my drivers lately and started to get problems with my earphones.So I have been using Airpods Pro 2 for some time and it worked perfectly. Best possible audio, and usage of microphone in calls without any workarounds. After updating it appeared, that It slowly...
  6. Bluetooth Headphones Mic - no audio output when mic is on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headphones Mic - no audio output when mic is on: hey there!I'm having a hard time with windows 10 to configure my headphones (sony WH-CH500) which I connected with bluetooth. The mic is working, the output to the headphones is also working but as soon as the mic gets switched on the audio output is gone, so can't hear...
  7. Microphone not working with headset to mic splitter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working with headset to mic splitter: Hi guys, I just spent about $10 getting a replacement cable for my headphones that has a mic built in. It's a 3.5mm headset cable has both mic and headphone audio that I've connected to a Y-splitter that goes to a mic cable and a headphone cable. These definitely work as...
  8. Headset, inputting mic and headset jacks through headphone splitter. Not working on this...

Headset, inputting mic and headset jacks through headphone splitter. Not working on this...: Using microphone and headphones from same input through a headphone splitter. Works on different laptop, but doesn't work on my newer one because of Realtek not having an option to apply both at same time my other laptop doesn't have Realtek My device: Strix 17 GL703GE...
  9. Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working

Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working: My Acer Predator (Helios 300) laptop has a singular audio port, which I use with my headset that has a separate microphone and headphone cable. I have used an audio splitter to get around this issue for a while now, and it has worked perfectly fine. Normally when I would plug...
  10. Mic picking up audio output from headset.

Mic picking up audio output from headset.: Hello, So i recently got a new laptop, and when I went in a call with my friends, they told me they could hear every sound from my PC, for the past 3 hours I've been trying to look for solutions, but none of them are helpful, please help me. Ps, my laptop has IDT sound stuff....