Windows 10: No audio devices are installed in playback tab

Discus and support No audio devices are installed in playback tab in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All the drivers are updated still there is red cross on speaker iconI am unable make changes in playback tab... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ARSH BENIPAL, Oct 6, 2022.

1. No audio devices are installed in playback tab

All the drivers are updated still there is red cross on speaker iconI am unable make changes in playback tab

:)

ARSH BENIPAL, Oct 6, 2022
  2. Dacur Win User

HDMI audio driver for ASUS X551M laptop?

This is from Intel regarding hdmi:
    • Install the latest Intel® Graphics Driver, this also installs the latest audio codecs for HDMI.
    • After driver installation, connect to the HDMI TV or digital display, using a HDMI cable.
    • Select HDMI audio as your default playback device. Click Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound. The Playback tab lists the audio playback devices for your computer.
    • Right-click on the device for HDMI audio, and select Set as Default Device.

Dacur, Oct 6, 2022
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Problem with audio devices

Hi Marcello,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue resolved.

If you're connecting to an audio device using USB or HDMI, you might need to set that device as the default.

Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results, and then, on the
    Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

I would also suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the
      Default Device and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Audio.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Oct 6, 2022
  4. BRKKAB Win User

No audio devices are installed in playback tab

Where did the 'audio enhancements' tab go in my playback device menu?

No audio devices are installed in playback tab [​IMG]
    Did you install thrdrivers for your sound card ? Did you look in the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound ?
    They should be in the area I circled in the screenshot. Just open it up and set it's settings. Before you do that one type Sound in Cortana's search box, make your speakers default device and set them up there as 5.1 speakers, then do the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound step.

BRKKAB, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

No audio devices are installed in playback tab

1. No audio devices are installed in playback tab - Similar Threads - audio devices are

2. No audio devices are installed in playback tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio devices are installed in playback tab: All the drivers are updated still there is red cross on speaker iconI am unable make changes in playback tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-devices-are-installed-in-playback-tab/0f84d9b9-3f71-4547-b646-7ece57f87228
  3. No audio devices are installed in playback tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    No audio devices are installed in playback tab: All the drivers are updated still there is red cross on speaker iconI am unable make changes in playback tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-devices-are-installed-in-playback-tab/0f84d9b9-3f71-4547-b646-7ece57f87228
  4. Audio Playback Devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Playback Devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  5. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  6. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  7. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  8. Audio Playback Device Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Playback Device Missing: So today when I got onto my computer I noticed I had audio. I did the normal thing I usually do and check to see if I'm on the right playback device. But it wasn't there. Now I'm stuck, I've tried everything people have said to do like uninstalling/reinstall drivers, restart...
  9. Glitch with audio playback device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Glitch with audio playback device: Whenever I plug my headphones into my computer, it will begin to rapidly reassign my audio playback device among all available options. (For example: It would switch between "High Definition Audio Device" and "NVIDIA High Definition Audio Device). I have since attempted to...
  10. No HDMI audio playback device

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No HDMI audio playback device: Hello, I'm trying to understand how to enable HDMI audio on my Win10 Asus notebook (before buying a A/V receiver 5.1 *Wink). I think I should have a "Digital Audio (HDMI)" option, or something similar, in my Playback Devices inside Windows Audio control panel, but I...