Windows 10: News and interests in task bar broken

Discus and support News and interests in task bar broken in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Same as this thread from years ago:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by webbrewers, Jul 16, 2024.

1. News and interests in task bar broken

Same as this thread from years ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-interests-feed-in-taskbar-broken/0261c6b4-4be1-4fa4-8847-038ee3aeed50This is neither new or very interesting-Can't Msft keep anything working for more than a month or so?

:)

webbrewers, Jul 16, 2024

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jul 16, 2024
  3. How to add web favorites to Task bar for fast access?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please let us know, what happens when you try to pin the folder to task bar?

I suggest you follow the below steps and check if it works:

Create a toolbar for the folder:

• Right-click on the Taskbar.

• Click on Toolbars and on
      New toolbar.

• Browse to the folder and click Select
      Folder.
    If the issue still persists, try to copy the folder into different and follow the above steps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 16, 2024
  4. pfd0911 Win User

News and interests in task bar broken

Windows 10 Broken Task Bar

I am seeing the following malfunctions associated with Windows 10 task bar and launching of functions from the task bar. These only occur in only one of four user profiles on the computer; everything seems to work ok in the other three user profiles.

- L click START icon results in a flicker of the 'hourglass', then nothing (R click START icon brings up the expected list of items)

- L click SEARCH icon results in a flicker of the 'hourglass'

- L click NEW NOTIFICATIONS results in a flicker of the 'hourglass'

- R click NEW NOTIFICATIONS brings up menu, but selecting Open Action Center has no result

- R click application shortcut (eg. excel) should display recently opened files, but has no result (L click application shortcut launches application as expected)

Launching EDGE from the task bar opens the EDGE window momentarily, but it closes immediately.

The WINDOWS key should also launch the START menu, but has no effect (only in the malfunctioning user profile)

My questions are - are others seeing similar problems w/ Windows 10, and any status on solutions from MS.

Also, looking for suggestions on how to easily duplicate the broken user profile, and thoughts on whether that could cure these issues.

pfd0911, Jul 16, 2024
Thema:

News and interests in task bar broken

1. News and interests in task bar broken - Similar Threads - News interests task

2. How do I PERMANENTLY disable News and Interests from the task bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I PERMANENTLY disable News and Interests from the task bar?: I know where to go to disable News and Interests, but it doesn't remain disabled. I have to do it several times a day. I'd be happy to uninstall it, too, if that's an option....
  3. How do I PERMANENTLY disable News and Interests from the task bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I PERMANENTLY disable News and Interests from the task bar?: I know where to go to disable News and Interests, but it doesn't remain disabled. I have to do it several times a day. I'd be happy to uninstall it, too, if that's an option....
  4. News and interests in task bar broken

News and interests in task bar broken: Same as this thread from years ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-interests-feed-in-taskbar-broken/0261c6b4-4be1-4fa4-8847-038ee3aeed50This is neither new or very interesting-Can't Msft keep anything working for more than a month or so?...
  5. NEws and interests in task bar broken

NEws and interests in task bar broken: Same as this thread from years ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-interests-feed-in-taskbar-broken/0261c6b4-4be1-4fa4-8847-038ee3aeed50Can't Msft kepp anything working for more than a month or so?...
  6. news and interest bar "No Account Connected"

news and interest bar "No Account Connected": when I click on news and I see this message no connected accounts. I 've signed in with my Microsoft account but message still shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interest-bar-no-account-connected/384c90db-dfbe-41ab-85eb-b53ddc28ce90
  7. News & Interests feed in taskbar broken

News & Interests feed in taskbar broken: Hi,Yesterday I updated to the latest version of Windows and got this new news feed on my taskbar. It was working fine up until today, now it's stuck highlighted and no longer opens when I hover the mouse on it. When I click on it, nothing happens again.This may be a release...
  8. news and interests

news and interests: Thanks MS for the news & interests sarcasm... I have a metered connection and just what I need is something else to use my limited data. * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  9. news and interests

news and interests: cant see news and interests in taskbar menu or it's setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests/ddb92275-3860-45e7-935b-1b660312cf97
  10. News and Interests not showing on task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    News and Interests not showing on task bar: I have 3 Windows 10 PCs with the latest updates, only one of them got the News and Interests on the taskbar, they seem to be a the exact same version levels.What would cause this?...