Windows 10: New Windows 11 PC Constantly Crashing Sometimes no BSOD

Discus and support New Windows 11 PC Constantly Crashing Sometimes no BSOD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! I have something of an apparently unique situation - my PC crashes every 1-3 hours with either the following errors: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL",... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Zach Vollmer, Oct 23, 2024 at 7:02 PM.

1. New Windows 11 PC Constantly Crashing Sometimes no BSOD

Hello! I have something of an apparently unique situation - my PC crashes every 1-3 hours with either the following errors: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", "SYSTEM PROCESS FAILED", "KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE", various others, or no BSOD at all just a simple frozen screen that requires a hard reset.My first PC I received second-hand, and the original owner informed me that he would include Windows 10. I was rather uneducated at the time regarding PCs/Windows licenses so I thought nothing of it. As I got more into PC building I got a new PC and transferred my license/product key over and upgrade

:)

Zach Vollmer, Oct 23, 2024 at 7:02 PM
  2. RDigoev Win User

Windows 11 constantly crashes without BSOD

After updating Windows 10 to Windows 11, my PC keeps crashing without BSOD. It takes between 15 minutes to several hours after start-up to crash. When the crash occurs, the PC first freezes for a few seconds, after which it starts rebooting. These crashes have never occurred before the update.

Attached here is the minidump file produced by the latest crash:

minidump.zip

My hardware:

• Motherboard - X570 Asrock Phantom Gaming 4 rev 1.05
    • CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    • GPU - AMD Gigabyte RX 6700xt
    • RAM - Teamgroup Vullcan Z 2x16 Gb

I have tried:

• Reinstalling the GPU driver
    • Running SFC /Scannow
    • Running DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth
    • Resetting Windows with 'Keep my files' option

None of these have helped alleviate the crashes.

3. Windows 11 PC CONSTANTLY CRASHING - no BSOD

The crash loops have stopped and the rig is crashing about 3x a day now which is much better than before. Still crashing numerous times a day though so the problem is still very persistent. The Driver Verifier tool flagged Razer and Apple charger drivers which after deleted didn't seem to do anything. I am unable to replicate the bsod like before and even with Driver Verifier running the rig just restarts like normal, leaving no bsod or new minidump files. Any suggestions here? Anyone?

LittleNeighbour, Oct 23, 2024 at 7:05 PM
  4. Thrackan Win User

New Windows 11 PC Constantly Crashing Sometimes no BSOD

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thema:

New Windows 11 PC Constantly Crashing Sometimes no BSOD

1. New Windows 11 PC Constantly Crashing Sometimes no BSOD - Similar Threads - Constantly Crashing Sometimes

2. New Windows 11 PC Constantly Crashing Sometimes no BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows 11 PC Constantly Crashing Sometimes no BSOD: Hello! I have something of an apparently unique situation - my PC crashes every 1-3 hours with either the following errors: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", "SYSTEM PROCESS FAILED", "KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE", various others, or no BSOD at all just a simple frozen screen that...
  3. Constant PC crashes when gaming. Sometimes BSOD sometimes just complete shutdown of PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant PC crashes when gaming. Sometimes BSOD sometimes just complete shutdown of PC.: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff80378c21e19, 0xffff968145fbc900, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\041124-15687-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  4. Constant PC crashes when gaming. Sometimes BSOD sometimes just complete shutdown of PC.

Constant PC crashes when gaming. Sometimes BSOD sometimes just complete shutdown of PC.: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff80378c21e19, 0xffff968145fbc900, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\041124-15687-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  5. Windows 11 constantly crashes on a new PC build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 constantly crashes on a new PC build: I have tested all hardware components and they all passed. I also sent the motherboard back to the retailer for testing and they found no faults. It either crashes right after I exit BIOS or randomly while in use not doing anything demanding.I did a fresh install of Windows...
  6. Windows 11 constantly crashes on a new PC build

Windows 11 constantly crashes on a new PC build: I have tested all hardware components and they all passed. I also sent the motherboard back to the retailer for testing and they found no faults. It either crashes right after I exit BIOS or randomly while in use not doing anything demanding.I did a fresh install of Windows...
  7. New PC Crashing Constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC Crashing Constantly: Hi I built a new PC a couple months back, and ever since, I've had random BSODs even while not gaming as well as restarts when I'm playing games CSGO is fine for the most part; Apex Legends I almost always crash. Sometimes, I can't even open games. These are the miniDMP...
  8. New PC Crashing Constantly

New PC Crashing Constantly: Hi I built a new PC a couple months back, and ever since, I've had random BSODs even while not gaming as well as restarts when I'm playing games CSGO is fine for the most part; Apex Legends I almost always crash. Sometimes, I can't even open games. These are the miniDMP...
  9. New PC Crashing Constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. BSOD: PC Constantly Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: PC Constantly Crashing: My newly built PC is constantly crashing. I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool test, the results came back without issues. The dump files are enclosed. Download: Memory Dump, Specs, Msinfo32 Please advise....