Windows 10: New user profiles that I didnt create and data lost.

Discus and support New user profiles that I didnt create and data lost. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I booted my pc this morning I noticed I had 2 new user profiles that I didnt create. One named "user" and the other named "admin" both I dont have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by aleckop, Dec 24, 2021.

1. aleckop Win User

New user profiles that I didnt create and data lost.

When I booted my pc this morning I noticed I had 2 new user profiles that I didnt create. One named "user" and the other named "admin" both I dont have access too my actuall password doesnt work. I logged into my original account, but when I loaded into my desktop was resetno icons, aswell my documents, pictures, videos etc folder, are all empty. I thought It might of been and update issue so I tried a system restore but it failed.

:)

aleckop, Dec 24, 2021

2. I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 24, 2021
  3. Temporary profile - unable to create new user profile

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forum.

I understand your concern, we will assist you with this.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to activate/enable the account.

1. Open Run Command (Windows button + R) from the account that you are able to access.

2. In the dialog box type, lusrmgr.msc

3. This will open a window, click on "Users"
    from the left navigation pane.

4. Spot and click on the user account name that you have disable and then select "Properties"

5. Then click on the uncheck box "Account is Disabled".

6. Click on "Apply" and then
    "OK".

Step 1: After enabling Built-in admin, Run SFC scan.

Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Step 2:

After that, Please perform Microsoft Safety Scanner to scan your computer for infections.

I suggest you to login to safe mode with networking and perform Microsoft Safety scanner to remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.

To enter into Safe Mode in Windows 10, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode or
      Safe Mode with Networking
      (depending on whether you think you’ll need the Internet).

Refer the link below to download the Microsoft Safety scanner

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Anti-Virus Disclaimer:

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential
    for data loss.

Method 2:
    From Built in administrator account create a new user account and transfer the profile data.

To create a new user account, follow the steps and check:

1. Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select Control Panel.

2. Select System and Security and then System.

3. Click Advanced System Settings.

4. Under User Profiles, click Settings.

5. Select the profile you want to copy.

6. Click Copy to, and then enter the name of, or browse to, the profile you want to overwrite. This will usually be in C:\Users\username, where username is the name of the profile to which you are copying.

7. Click Permitted to use, and then add all user accounts to which you want to give full profile control.

8. Click OK.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Dec 24, 2021
  4. New user profiles that I didnt create and data lost.

Lost User Account

Hi Louis,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with user accounts, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would like to inform that there can be only one Microsoft user account on one device, and that might be the reason you are unable to change the email address for the user account.

I suggest you to create a new account (Local account) on your computer and transfer the content to newly created user account.

Step 1: Creating a new user account

• Type cmd in the Search bar form the desktop.
    • Now, Right-click on cmd.exe from the result and select Run As Administrator.
    • User Account Control or UAC dialog box will appear, click on Yes.
    • Type net user username password /add

[Replace ‘username’ and ‘password’ with your desired username and password]

Step 2. Copying old files to newly created User Profile

• Go to C:\Users\(Your-Corrupted-Profile-Name)\ (L: file:///C:/Users/(Your-Corrupted-Profile-Name)/)
    • Copy all files except three files:

• NtUser.dat

• NtUser.ini

• NtUser.log
    3. Go to C:\Users\(New-User-Profile-name)\ (L: file:///C:/Users/(New-User-Profile-name)/)

4. Paste all those copied files here.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 24, 2021
Thema:

New user profiles that I didnt create and data lost.

1. New user profiles that I didnt create and data lost. - Similar Threads - user profiles didnt

2. Activation lost after creating new profile

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation lost after creating new profile: Hi everyone,I recently encountered a problem with my Windows activation. After creating a new user profile because my old one got corrupted, my Windows activation status changed to unactivated. I’ve tried several troubleshooting steps, including:Checking the activation status...
  3. Activation lost after creating new profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation lost after creating new profile: Hi everyone,I recently encountered a problem with my Windows activation. After creating a new user profile because my old one got corrupted, my Windows activation status changed to unactivated. I’ve tried several troubleshooting steps, including:Checking the activation status...
  4. Activation lost after creating new profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. User profile lost

User profile lost: Hello, I have deleted my user profile by mistake and I was trying to get it back.I can see my profile in users folder in C driver with all its contents and I can see the SID for my user profile when I search for it in the Registry editor; however, it seems my windows can't...
  6. User profile lost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User profile lost: Hello, I have deleted my user profile by mistake and I was trying to get it back.I can see my profile in users folder in C driver with all its contents and I can see the SID for my user profile when I search for it in the Registry editor; however, it seems my windows can't...
  7. User profile lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. New user profiles that I didnt create and data lost.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New user profiles that I didnt create and data lost.: When I booted my pc this morning I noticed I had 2 new user profiles that I didnt create. One named "user" and the other named "admin" both I dont have access too my actuall password doesnt work. I logged into my original account, but when I loaded into my desktop was resetno...
  9. New user profiles that I didnt create and data lost.

New user profiles that I didnt create and data lost.: When I booted my pc this morning I noticed I had 2 new user profiles that I didnt create. One named "user" and the other named "admin" both I dont have access too my actuall password doesnt work. I logged into my original account, but when I loaded into my desktop was resetno...
  10. Data Lost - Temp Profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Lost - Temp Profile: Last week my windows got updated. And I was was not able to see my files under my music and my pictures folder. I was however able to find my files under the users folder and I manually copied all of my data to my music and my pictures folder. After I restarted my computer...