Windows 10: New user account has no taskbar or settings home page!!

Discus and support New user account has no taskbar or settings home page!! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I just made a new user on my Dell windows 11 desktop and I logged into that user account and there is no taskbar or start. I can't even go into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dave is 13, Jul 23, 2024.

1. New user account has no taskbar or settings home page!!

Hi,I just made a new user on my Dell windows 11 desktop and I logged into that user account and there is no taskbar or start. I can't even go into settings by clicking windows+I it opens for a second then it disappears. I have tried to make another account and the same thing happened.PLEASE HELP ME!!!

:)

Dave is 13, Jul 23, 2024
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 23, 2024
  3. User Account Settings

Let us create a new administrator account to check if the same thing will happen. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage another account > Add a new user in PC settings > Add someone else in this PC.
    • Enter the credentials needed.
    • Click the account that you have made and then click the Change account type option.
    • Choose Administrator and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Jul 23, 2024
  4. New user account has no taskbar or settings home page!!

New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jul 23, 2024
Thema:

New user account has no taskbar or settings home page!!

1. New user account has no taskbar or settings home page!! - Similar Threads - user account has

2. New user account has no taskbar or settings home page!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New user account has no taskbar or settings home page!!: Hi,I just made a new user on my Dell windows 11 desktop and I logged into that user account and there is no taskbar or start. I can't even go into settings by clicking windows+I it opens for a second then it disappears. I have tried to make another account and the same thing...
  3. Windows 11 Settings is getting a new home page

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Settings is getting a new home page: Microsoft has begun testing a home page in the Windows 11 Settings app. The feature is currently rolling out to users in the Dev Channel of the Windows Insider Preview Program. New home page in Windows 11 Settings The Home tab, not unlike the one in File Explorer, is...
  4. home page set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    home page set up: I used to have Google come up as my home page, not it's Window and my mail goes to Outlook, I'd like to go back to Google. How do I get home page changed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-page-set-up/d3e78124-6fec-4f83-ba73-952761fc2abe
  5. Settings Home Page Top Banner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings Home Page Top Banner: In Insider fast ring releases.... Is there any way to disable the broken ugly banner on the settings home page. Local account displays nothing at all but "Local Account Sign in" Windows Update perpetually displays "Updates in progress" "Rewards" seems like just a way to...
  6. Bing has a new Setting Page

in Browsers and Email
    Bing has a new Setting Page: As the title say's. You'll need to click the image a few time to view it all being it's an "Autoscroll Screenshot" it's very large: [img] 24020
  7. Internet Home Page can't be set

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Home Page can't be set: Setting the Home page, doesn't work when I type in the URL, and the "use current" button is grayed out so I can't use current page that Edge is on.. 43612
  8. home page wont load to set home page

in Browsers and Email
    home page wont load to set home page: ok I need some help in this matter ive tried everything I'm using windows 10 edge I use bing and when I try to go to my home page via home button it does not take me there I have changed the path in settings to specific page with the url and it still wont take me there if I...
  9. New user account sound settings reset

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New user account sound settings reset: as the title suggests i made a new account (local) and then made it an admin aswell yet the sound settings reset on that account all the time for example if i set chrome to 30% it will jump back to 100% after re opening chrome,systemsounds jumps straioght back to 100%...
  10. Introducing a new home page experience for Office 365 users

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing a new home page experience for Office 365 users: Earlier this month, we began to roll out a new, more intuitive home page experience for Office 365 users. This update brings a fresh new look and feel to the Office 365 welcome page, and a range of new features for both administrators and users. We’re constantly looking...