Windows 10: New SSD's/Hard Drives set off automatic repair on startup, but cause no other issues Windows 10

Discus and support New SSD's/Hard Drives set off automatic repair on startup, but cause no other issues Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Any new SSD or hard drive that I install causes automatic repair to be triggered on startup, telling me there's an unsolvable problem. I can boot up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pikky4, Oct 4, 2024.

1. Pikky4 Win User

New SSD's/Hard Drives set off automatic repair on startup, but cause no other issues Windows 10

Any new SSD or hard drive that I install causes automatic repair to be triggered on startup, telling me there's an unsolvable problem. I can boot up the computer like normal by going into the repair settings and booting from my hard drive, which allows me to use my computer like normal. I can even store things on the new drives without any issues. Unplugging the new drives fixes the issue, so it's related to them.I've attempted multiple different command prompt scans, including the various SFC scans like Scannow, but they find nothing wrong. Any repairs made by scans don't fix my automatic rep

:)

Pikky4, Oct 4, 2024

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Oct 4, 2024
  3. Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop: Is my hardrive gone?

Hi Justin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you in accessing the system as it stuck at automatic repair loop, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are all the troubleshooting steps have you performed while resolving the issue along with trying to list the drives from Command Prompt?
    • Are you using any external hard drive on your computer?

I understand that you are able to access the advanced boot option on your computer. From there i suggest you to perform Automatic repair of your operating system.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Automatic Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings and
    more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically.

Follow:

Boot the computer to Windows Recovery Environment> click on
    Troubleshooting
    > Startup repair and follow on-screen instructions,

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 4, 2024
  4. New SSD's/Hard Drives set off automatic repair on startup, but cause no other issues Windows 10

Windows 10 - automatic repair after memtest session - memory faulty or not?

So i formatted disk , install again Windows 10 , now Windows booting fine without automatic repair. But i tried to reproduce issue by running memtest86 again. So i run test for 5 hours, stop test and booted Windows 10. This time it booted fine without automatic repair. So i guess its fine. But i want to know why it happened earlier? That was still hardware issue? Thx for opinion. Somebody said that can be caused by bad ram.

litwicki24, Oct 4, 2024
Thema:

New SSD's/Hard Drives set off automatic repair on startup, but cause no other issues Windows 10

1. New SSD's/Hard Drives set off automatic repair on startup, but cause no other issues Windows 10 - Similar Threads - SSD's Hard Drives

2. New SSD's/Hard Drives set off automatic repair on startup, but cause no other issues Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New SSD's/Hard Drives set off automatic repair on startup, but cause no other issues Windows 10: Any new SSD or hard drive that I install causes automatic repair to be triggered on startup, telling me there's an unsolvable problem. I can boot up the computer like normal by going into the repair settings and booting from my hard drive, which allows me to use my computer...
  3. New SSD's/Hard Drives set off automatic repair on startup, but cause no other issues Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD's/Hard Drives set off automatic repair on startup, but cause no other issues Windows 10: Any new SSD or hard drive that I install causes automatic repair to be triggered on startup, telling me there's an unsolvable problem. I can boot up the computer like normal by going into the repair settings and booting from my hard drive, which allows me to use my computer...
  4. Repair a malfunctioning hard drive with new hard drive with new OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair a malfunctioning hard drive with new hard drive with new OS: Say if I had a hard drive that had issues booting OS. Specifically not booting windows or being detected as installed and command prompt remedies were of no help.So instead I decide to do it my way by getting a new hard drive, unplugging the old non-booting one, and plugging...
  5. Repair a malfunctioning hard drive with new hard drive with new OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repair a malfunctioning hard drive with new hard drive with new OS: Say if I had a hard drive that had issues booting OS. Specifically not booting windows or being detected as installed and command prompt remedies were of no help.So instead I decide to do it my way by getting a new hard drive, unplugging the old non-booting one, and plugging...
  6. STARTUP AUTOMATIC REPAIR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    STARTUP AUTOMATIC REPAIR: Hey guys I've been trying to fix my laptop these past few days. I've hit a Startup repair error and I've tried chkdsk, sfc, and dism. Please help me. I've already tried cmd prompt from a windows bootable usb media it doesn't work. I've also tried to install windows 10 over my...
  7. Automatic Repair after Booting to Other SSD?

Automatic Repair after Booting to Other SSD?: Have Windows 10 running on SATA SSD. No problems but decide to upgrade to NVMe PCI SSD for even faster loading speed. 1. Unplug original SSD, 2. Install new NVMe SSD then Windows from USB Media Disc Current Image. Install goes fast, no problems. 3. Plug in old SATA SSD 4....
  8. Turn off Hard Drive after setting for SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn off Hard Drive after setting for SSD: What should be my power/sleep settings to preserve life of my SSD, I have already turned off hibernate using elevated cmd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-hard-drive-after-setting-for-ssd/c111d20a-1c3d-4116-9c9e-249a2db3063e
  9. Windows 10 caused hard drive issues

Windows 10 caused hard drive issues: I purchased a Gaming Asus laptop. Since the windows 10 issues I have had to replace the Hard drive for a cost to me. Can I email the invoice to you to be reimbersed as it was a windows issue?...
  10. Automatic startup repair

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Automatic startup repair: When i open my pc it shows automatic repair and automatic repair is not working how can i get out of that. It just keeps restarting and does nothing else please heop me and startup repair is also not working...