Windows 10: New PC Frozen on this Screen

Discus and support New PC Frozen on this Screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jnes1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxz5uo/new_pc_frozen_on_this_screen/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jnes1, Nov 20, 2020.

1. /u/jnes1 Win User

New PC Frozen on this Screen

/u/jnes1, Nov 20, 2020

2. My pc screen is frozen

Last pm my desktop HP Windows 10 had a frozen screen. I have explained in part what I have tried. I have worked for hours with nothing happening. I used a google search to do many things that were suggested.
    Pressed Esc 2 times, tried Alt ctrl delete- finally the screen with taskmanager showed but, while the mouse will move clicking it does nothing. There were several other "fixes" with different keys that I can find and write out for you if needed. I decided to switch to the other hard drive. I hooked it up. Turned on the pc and I got the same exact frozen screen!! I took out a very old screen and tried the that screen. It was frozen also. If I need to take it in to a computer repair company. I am not sure what I take in. But I pray there is help for me.
    Thank you for any help. Bonnie

Bonnie Jean, Nov 20, 2020
  3. frozen screen

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand your surface screen is frozen. In this case, I would suggest you to hard restart the tablet by pressing and holding the power button and restart the tablet. Check if the issue persists.

If the issue still exists, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Nov 20, 2020
  4. New PC Frozen on this Screen

Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

New PC Frozen on this Screen

1. New PC Frozen on this Screen - Similar Threads - Frozen Screen

2. I got a frozen screen saying my computer was hacked from MS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a frozen screen saying my computer was hacked from MS.: I turned on my screen and it as frozen, and it said I was hacked, I ended up giving them some info and now I am pretty sure I was scammed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-a-frozen-screen-saying-my-computer-was/bf236691-17e3-42c3-913d-15a19ba0eca2
  3. I got a frozen screen saying my computer was hacked from MS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got a frozen screen saying my computer was hacked from MS.: I turned on my screen and it as frozen, and it said I was hacked, I ended up giving them some info and now I am pretty sure I was scammed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-a-frozen-screen-saying-my-computer-was/bf236691-17e3-42c3-913d-15a19ba0eca2
  4. I got a frozen screen saying my computer was hacked from MS.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Bottom Half of Screen is Frozen Software Locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bottom Half of Screen is Frozen Software Locked: Specs:Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Version 1809, OS Build 17763.6189 64bitIntel Celeron J64128GB RAMSSDHave a POS touchscreen that is currently having an issue where it is intermittently freezing on the bottom half of the screen. This is not hardware cause but software as even...
  6. Bottom Half of Screen is Frozen Software Locked

Bottom Half of Screen is Frozen Software Locked: Specs:Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Version 1809, OS Build 17763.6189 64bitIntel Celeron J64128GB RAMSSDHave a POS touchscreen that is currently having an issue where it is intermittently freezing on the bottom half of the screen. This is not hardware cause but software as even...
  7. Bottom Half of Screen is Frozen Software Locked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. I have a linx tablet with windows 10 frozen screen keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a linx tablet with windows 10 frozen screen keyboard not working: I have a linx tablet with windows 10 installed I haven't used it in a while but after it did the updates the screen has frozen keyboard won't work either Error message 0xc0000225. Any advice is appreciated...
  9. I have a linx tablet with windows 10 frozen screen keyboard not working

I have a linx tablet with windows 10 frozen screen keyboard not working: I have a linx tablet with windows 10 installed I haven't used it in a while but after it did the updates the screen has frozen keyboard won't work either Error message 0xc0000225. Any advice is appreciated...
  10. I have a linx tablet with windows 10 frozen screen keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade